I bought my Classic!

I have been after one for ages to use as a second phone along with my iPhone 6, so therefore didn't want to spend too much on one.

I looked on eBay today to see if there were any lightly used ones (although ideally I always prefer brand new), and there were not too many that grabbed my fancy.

Then out of nowhere - a newly listed item. Brand new in the sealed box unwanted upgrade buy it now �210.
    Snapped it up in an instant!
    Will be here Thursday.

I cannot wait! I have started a new thread as I intend to post my thoughts when it arrives and give my opinion on how it compares to the Passport, my iPhone and how I get on with it over a week or so.
    A Classic blog, if you will.

So happy to be returning to BB!
    05-18-15 12:20 PM
    Congrats! You'll enjoy it.

Posted via CB10
    Aneres11 likes this.
    05-18-15 12:28 PM
    Thanks! I'm pretty excited. Going to buy the charging stand as I think it'll look great on my bedside table!
    05-18-15 12:44 PM
    I also brought Classic today on eBay! Excited as you are :P
    05-18-15 03:30 PM
    I also brought Classic today on eBay! Excited as you are :P
    Ha brilliant news!

I can't wait. Very excited to get it.
    Which country are you in?

I could have bought a white one as there were a few white Classic's listed on eBay but they were much more expensive than what I ended up paying in the end for the black.

I'm just happy to be returning to BB! Be interesting to see if I like it enough to get rid of my iPhone for it.
    That's what happened with my 5c when I got a Q10 in January last year!
    05-18-15 05:34 PM
    Welcome back Classic is a nice phone.

Posted via CB10
    Aneres11 likes this.
    05-18-15 05:45 PM
    im thinking about getting a passport to replace my iphone 6. i dont know yet :S
    05-18-15 05:47 PM
    How exciting! Hope you enjoy the phone once you get it.

My DBF is an iphone guy and he has the 6+. I've been trying to get him back to BlackBerry via the Passport but so far he hasn't budged (He was previously a Torch user before switching to the iphone).

As long as Blackberry continues to make phones with a keyboard, I'll continue to be a customer. The Classic has exceeded my expectations and am glad to have the toolbelt and trackpad back.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 03:05 AM
    How exciting! Hope you enjoy the phone once you get it.

My DBF is an iphone guy and he has the 6+. I've been trying to get him back to BlackBerry via the Passport but so far he hasn't budged (He was previously a Torch user before switching to the iphone).

As long as Blackberry continues to make phones with a keyboard, I'll continue to be a customer. The Classic has exceeded my expectations and am glad to have the toolbelt and trackpad back.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks!

I have every faith that I will enjoy the phone. I loved my Q10 but found it had some shortcomings. The screen looked tiny and even though the Classic's isn't much bigger, when I got a hands on I found it appeared to be much bigger due to the revamped icons and slightly larger size.

I love my iPhone but I don't use it like I should. And by that I mean to watch videos, play games, and consume media.
    I have a new MacBook for that. I have an XBOne and a Wii U / 3DS for that! Proper games! Ha.

When I look at what I use my phone for it is a communications device. It's nice to have social media and I do use it but I found BB's Facebook app to be more than capable. The only one drawback is Instagram and it always has been the reason I like an iPhone. I love Instagram and the alternatives on BB are nice, but they are not perfect. It's a very simple app and it annoys me that there is nothing that replicates it perfectly or a proper native app.
    However, I intend to try Inst10 (never tried when I had my Passport) and the proper Instagram app in order to see how they work on Classic. If I find them to work well I could look at getting rid of my iPhone in place of the Classic - but it's a big ask.

And I'm with you on the as long as BB makes keypad phones I'm there. There is nothing like it!
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    05-19-15 04:28 AM
    Congratulations, I'm sure you'll enjoy your new BlackBerry Classic! I've had mine for close to 3 months now and love using it as much now as I did the first day I purchased it.
    Aneres11 likes this.
    05-19-15 04:56 AM
    Bought my Classic - now the waiting game for it to arrive!-mymemes_2.png

Posted via my awesome Classic
    05-19-15 08:36 AM
    If you like to keep your guy pristine I would steer clear of the dock. I got one and it actually scratches the heck out of the bottom of your phone :c

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 02:59 PM
    If you like to keep your guy pristine I would steer clear of the dock. I got one and it actually scratches the heck out of the bottom of your phone :c

Posted via CB10
    Oh really?! That's not good.
    Hmm now I am second guessing it. Although I do love the idea of it standing proud in a charging dock in bedside mode!

Anyone else have a problem with the dock?
    05-19-15 05:39 PM
    Unfortunately yeah. The dock connector it sits in is rather tight against the bottom of the phone and it scrapes it and leaves black marks. I looked it up and it's happened to others as well.

Posted via CB10
    Aneres11 likes this.
    05-19-15 05:41 PM
    Hmm I'll have to look into that then.

In other news... My Classic has been POSTED!
    The guy said it should be here tomorrow. I cannot wait!

I've not been this excited about a phone since when I got my Passport ha. Blackberry just have this way of making phones that excite me.

I like the iPhone and a number of Android devices, don't get me wrong, but Blackberry design is just second to none.

Will post once it's here!!
    05-20-15 04:23 AM
    I brought mine from Germany so it will take a while for me to receive it. But lady that I brought Classic from is complaining I didn't sent her enough money, probably she is complaining about PayPal fee... so frustrating.
    Last edited by dararede; 05-20-15 at 10:54 AM. Reason: typos
    05-20-15 04:45 AM
    Welcome to the Classic experience.

Wait till you learn about BB10 OS leaks and beta testing. Your phone will really start rocking

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 08:46 AM
    Just bought one on t-mobile online since, none of there stores have them yet

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 10:43 AM
    ITS HERE!!

Aaaaaand I'm in work until 5:15pm and its 10:13am UK at the min. This is gonna be one very very long day haha.

Will post impressions once had a play with it!
    specialized888 and donemt like this.
    05-21-15 04:14 AM
    ITS HERE!!

Aaaaaand I'm in work until 5:15pm and its 10:13am UK at the min. This is gonna be one very very long day haha.

Yeah it will seem like a long day but the fun starts when you get home and unbox it!

Posted via CB10
    Aneres11 likes this.
    05-21-15 08:56 AM
    ITS HERE!!

Almost home?

Posted via my awesome Classic
    Aneres11 likes this.
    05-21-15 10:34 AM
    ALMOST!

Bought my Classic - now the waiting game for it to arrive!-img_20150521_184346.png

Posted via CB10
    Aneres11 likes this.
    05-21-15 10:44 AM
    I can't stop grinning!!

Bought my Classic - now the waiting game for it to arrive!-imageuploadedbycb-forums1432228828.180896.jpgBought my Classic - now the waiting game for it to arrive!-imageuploadedbycb-forums1432228837.933216.jpg

Mainly because of how much I got it for. �210 brand new and sealed box! And then because of how amazing it looks and feels.

I couldn't get over the weight but in a good way. At first I was shocked but then it just reinforced the quality build of the device.

The keypad feels excellent as always. Turned it on and it had 1% battery and gave a countdown for turning itself off ha so I have put it to one side on charge.

Dug out my old SD card with all my music on ready to go and placed that in. Had some trouble getting the SD card tray out. The sim one popped out easily but the SD card I was worried of breaking something. Thankfully all was well though!

Now I will give it a charge for a bit and then power it up and get set up.

So far feels good to be back!
    specialized888 likes this.
    05-21-15 12:23 PM
    I can't stop grinning!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByCB Forums1432228828.180896.jpg 
Views:	694 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	353852Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByCB Forums1432228837.933216.jpg 
Views:	694 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	353853

Mainly because of how much I got it for. �210 brand new and sealed box! And then because of how amazing it looks and feels.

I couldn't get over the weight but in a good way. At first I was shocked but then it just reinforced the quality build of the device.

The keypad feels excellent as always. Turned it on and it had 1% battery and gave a countdown for turning itself off ha so I have put it to one side on charge.

Dug out my old SD card with all my music on ready to go and placed that in. Had some trouble getting the SD card tray out. The sim one popped out easily but the SD card I was worried of breaking something. Thankfully all was well though!

Now I will give it a charge for a bit and then power it up and get set up.

So far feels good to be back!
    Have fun getting set up and running!

Posted via CB10
    Aneres11 likes this.
    05-21-15 01:12 PM
    Ok. So it's relatively set up.

In terms of basic set ups anyway. I haven't added any android apps yet but have managed to get all my photos and music onto the device.

First impressions then.

Well like I said before it is weighty.
    Having used an iPhone 6 this seems massive and hefty in comparison.
    At first I liked it. With prolonged use (I haven't really put it down tonight so far ha) it feels like it may be a little too heavy.

The screen. Nice and bight compared to the Q10 is used last year. But that was a very dull screen - fantastic quality but brightness no where near where it should.
    I do feel this screen is a big step below the Passport and iPhone and I'm not sure how I feel about that just yet.

I have to say I'm struggling quite a lot with the tool belt. The last BB I had with one of these things was the 9700 (my favourite ever BB) and I'm not sure how I feel about its implementation on BB10.
    To sum it up, the way I feel about it is that I don't know how to use it yet. I'm swiping up the screen to get to the hub and the track pad is getting in the way... but then I realise I can just click the hub icon on the bottom left and there we go. I'm just not used to doing that! Definitely going to take some time.

I like the feel of the phone - it's like a mix of the Z10 and the Q10. The perforated back with the rubberised feel - and it has a great feel in hand. Probably my second favourite behind the Q10 back.

I am currently updating the software which is taking forever. 10.3.1.1779.

One thing I am absolutely not happy about is WhatsApp. On my Passport, an update came about where if you used an Emoji, you pressed as many times to get as many emojis on screen as you wanted. This seems to be an old version or something? Because now you click the emoji, select it and it goes off the screen. Meaning you have to click the emoji icon again, select your emoji, click back on the emoji icon etc rinse and repeat. I thought the BB app was updated so the emoji screen stayed on and you could click as many as you wanted? I hope that can change because I use emoji a LOT. And repeatedly.

Well then, it's not the glowing praise I expected to give it. I'll just have to see how I get on with it but at the minute I really don't know what to make of it. It's a lovely phone but I need to understand how it works better - or rather how I work it better ha.
    05-21-15 02:49 PM
55 123