Anyone else buy a backup Berry op 10 system device to stall making a change to the Google/Apple device? Maybe I should turn it on and update it since the new one probably doesn't have BB's "latest and greatest and probably the last" op sys. updates?
    Last edited by BbClassic; 01-02-17 at 11:40 AM. Reason: typo
    rochgolfer3 likes this.
    01-02-17 11:39 AM
    I also have an extra Classic. It's unlocked and the 10.3.3 update is waiting, but i haven't done it yet. The update hasn't been pushed to my locked Classic yet, but that's ok, gives me time to read up on the problems/solutions that others are having with the update. Something I'm not sure about though--how do I deal with my spare phone? I'm afraid to put it away and let the battery drain, because of the charging problems that these phones can have starting from a dead battery. But if I keep it out and turned on, then I'm using the battery now, and it'll be partly worn out before I even put my SIM in the phone. ?

Posted via CB10
    01-02-17 12:43 PM
    I hear ya. I just keep charging it and hope for the best. Was way better when they had the removable batteries.
    rochgolfer3 likes this.
    01-02-17 05:41 PM
    Recommend just keeping it in the box so it is good as new, no wear and tear on phone or battery, when you need it.

Posted with my  Classic
    01-03-17 12:21 PM
    I'm seriously debating this to get an extra Passport or a Classic. I used a Classic for about 8 months and really likes it.

Chris - Posted from my PP SE on CB10
    01-03-17 12:33 PM
    Anyone using a Classic as a Secondary device to an iPhone?

Posted via CB10
    andrewkontos likes this.
    01-13-17 08:52 AM
    I'm thinking on getting a Classic but I don't know how to justify this unnecessary expense (I already have 7 BlackBerrys) if I do eventually get one I'll use it as a secondary device, with my Passport as main.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    01-13-17 09:55 AM
    I use my Classic as my evening device. Love using it for email and CrackBerry. I even have a spare. The form factor is almost perfect.

Posted via CB10
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    01-13-17 10:24 AM
    I did purchase a mint unlocked Blue Classic as an eventual back up when my Passport passes but seeing what people are willing to pay for it now, I might just sell it or trade for another Passport or two

Blackberry Passport and Blue Classic
    01-13-17 10:51 AM
    I also have an extra Classic. It's unlocked and the 10.3.3 update is waiting, but i haven't done it yet. The update hasn't been pushed to my locked Classic yet, but that's ok, gives me time to read up on the problems/solutions that others are having with the update. Something I'm not sure about though--how do I deal with my spare phone? I'm afraid to put it away and let the battery drain, because of the charging problems that these phones can have starting from a dead battery. But if I keep it out and turned on, then I'm using the battery now, and it'll be partly worn out before I even put my SIM in the phone. ?

Posted via CB10
    Put the phone in Airplane Mode and charge it to 75%, then shut it off and store it in a cool (NOT cold) place. Check the device in about 1 month and if needed charge it again to keep it between 65-75%. Do not charge it to 100% and do not let it get below 20%.
    Avenzuno and Plazmic Flame like this.
    01-13-17 10:57 AM
    Anyone else buy a backup Berry op 10 system device to stall making a change to the Google/Apple device? Maybe I should turn it on and update it since the new one probably doesn't have BB's "latest and greatest and probably the last" op sys. updates?
    I use a PRIV but I have my classic as a backup and for other thinga I need bb10 for
    01-13-17 11:07 AM
    I agree about the form factor! I rock an iPhone as my primary but keep a Z30 and a Classic on deck when I miss BlackBerry!

Posted via my BlackBerry Classic
    01-13-17 11:18 AM
    Anyone using a Classic as a Secondary device to an iPhone?

Posted via CB10
    Are you doing this? I have been wanting to use my iPhone for apps and photos and just use my iPad sim card in it and use a Classic for all communication. The only thing I am going to miss is iMessage on my iPhone. My friends won't download BBM and in my inner circle no one uses Whatsapp
    01-13-17 08:59 PM
    I have 2 Classics

Posted via CB10
    01-13-17 09:31 PM
    I have 1 Classic, 1 Classic as a backup, and a 2nd phone Sony Xperia (which i'll probably switch to the Mercury when released)

Posted via CB10
    01-13-17 09:54 PM
    congratulation, welcome to the Classic die-hard Club!

yep good choice, got one Classic as daily runner in use, two Classics for spare (one of this still sealed in it's box), another Passport as Desktop device and writing this quirk, on top of that a old Z10 as Beta test device.

Classic is the best choice so far, enjoy

Posted via - OS-10.3.++ device, it's all you need
    01-14-17 06:33 AM
    I have a Classic coming on Tuesday, going to be my work phone. iPhone 7 for my regular phone
    01-14-17 09:29 AM
    Are you doing this? I have been wanting to use my iPhone for apps and photos and just use my iPad sim card in it and use a Classic for all communication. The only thing I am going to miss is iMessage on my iPhone. My friends won't download BBM and in my inner circle no one uses Whatsapp
    Actually, I'm too deep into the Apple ecosystem to ditch iMessage. 90% of my people use iMessage. My Classic is for email, BBM, and light browsing. My iphone is for all the apps that I can't get.

01-14-17 05:30 PM
    I have a Classic coming on Tuesday, going to be my work phone. iPhone 7 for my regular phone
    I think that's a great balance. Other than email, to what extent do you see yourself using the Classic as a work phone?

01-14-17 09:09 PM
    Basically planning on having my sim in the Classic while at work and swapping it to my iPhone whenever I go out and on weekends.
    JDayEnt1 likes this.
    01-14-17 09:12 PM
    I don't have a backup one, but I got an iPhone 7 Plus but with the t-mobile Digits Program, I have two sim cards and one of them spoofs my number, so one is in each phone and I carry my Classic and still use it for all calls and emailing and texting too.

The iPhone has a nice camera and...that's about all to rave about so far for me.

Posted via CB10
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    01-14-17 09:15 PM
    I don't have a backup one, but I got an iPhone 7 Plus but with the t-mobile Digits Program, I have two sim cards and one of them spoofs my number, so one is in each phone and I carry my Classic and still use it for all calls and emailing and texting too.

The iPhone has a nice camera and...that's about all to rave about so far for me.

Posted via CB10
    I just signed up for the digits program too! So I plan on putting my secondary SIM in my Classic. Glad to hear another person doing the same setup!

01-14-17 09:19 PM
    Basically planning on having my sim in the Classic while at work and swapping it to my iPhone whenever I go out and on weekends.
    Watch out for iMessage issues when going back and forth. I ran into that problem. Someone will reply to ur iMessage but you won't get it on ur classic. Unless you text them first from the classic as a different message thread.

01-14-17 09:23 PM
    Just have to turn iMessage off
    01-14-17 09:36 PM
    Just have to turn iMessage off
    Duh! I forgot that my situation dealt with when I sold my past iphone and wasn't getting messages. So this link is what I had to use.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/

01-14-17 09:44 PM
49 12