As the title reads, just picked up a Classic to replace my wife's aging Q10. I have to admit, it's a pretty nice device in comparison to the Q10.

Not something I'd leave my Z30 for but she's happy about the bigger brighter screen. And for $200 CDN, it was a steal as far as I'm concerned.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!

Attachment 388952
    anon(5830442) likes this.
    01-24-16 07:06 PM
    Sounds like everyone is happy and I hope your wife enjoys her new Classic.

You might want to let her know that the CB forums are a great place where she can get information and tips on using her new Blackberry.
    01-24-16 07:45 PM
    Straight from the Slagman

1. To minimize an app, press the call end button. Simple enough, but you can build on that. From the homescreen with the apps in active frame (minimized), highlighting one and pressing the back key will close it. So combine this with the fact that pressing call end will minimize it, if you want to outright close a program, all you have to do is press call end, then back, since it highlights the app you just minimized automatically. The benefits to this are that not only do you not need to move your thumb as much, but you can do this without looking at your phone. Swiping up and touching the x requires looking.
    2. While in an app, pressing the BB button will open the overflow menu (3 dots on the bottom right). If that menu has more than one page, simply swipe on the trackpad in the direction of the other page and it'll switch.
    3. To access the top menu inside apps, no more need to reach your thumb all the way to the top of the screen, simply long press the BB button.
    4. As long as the phone app isn't minimized (where you might have navigated away from the main phone log), when you bring up the phone app by pressing the call send button, the last call should be highlighted, so to quickly redial the last number, simply press the call send button twice.
    5. From the hub, holding the shift key and swiping up or down with the trackpad will start highlighting messages, let go of shift and you can start selecting messages that are not together by highlighting then pressing down on the trackpad. You can toggle already selected messages on and off by clicking on them. To cancel the selection, press the back button. Press the BB key to open the options for what you just highlighted.
    6. Long pressing with the trackpad does exactly what long touching on the touchscreen does. Trust me, this is super useful.
    7. To select text, just use the trackpad to where you want to start, then hold shift and swipe over the trackpad. Then to copy the text, just press the BB key to open the menu, "Copy" should be highlighted so you can just press the BB key again (basically press BB key twice). Then to paste the text, go to where you want to paste, and same thing, press BB key twice.
    8. In the camera, if you press and hold the trackpad, the camera will refocus, then when you let go of the trackpad it will take the photo.
    9. In an email, just press the BB button twice to send, unless you have text you have copied that haven't been pasted yet. If that's the case and you still want to send, make use of tip #2 and swipe in the direction of the "more" option on your trackpad, then hit the trackpad or BB key.

Posted via CB10
    bakron1, lactose, bcat1346 and 1 others like this.
    01-24-16 09:56 PM
    I had the Q10 and hated it. Love my Classic. Even friends who have left BlackBerry can't stop fondling it when they pick it up. Which is plain creepy, lol. It's just a classic form factor that delivers.

Posted via Classic
    01-24-16 10:05 PM
    I had the Q10 and hated it. Love my Classic. Even friends who have left BlackBerry can't stop fondling it when they pick it up. Which is plain creepy, lol. It's just a classic form factor that delivers.

Posted via Classic
    It's probably because it's so awesome

Pearl-Curve-Q10-Soon will be a Passport or Classic
    01-24-16 10:17 PM
    She'll love the Classic I'm sure! And the price you got it for was great, where did you get it from anyway?

Posted via CB10
    01-25-16 08:15 AM
    Straight from the Slagman

8. In the camera, if you press and hold the trackpad, the camera will refocus, then when you let go of the trackpad it will take the photo.

Posted via CB10
    This tip alone is worth getting her the Classic. But thanks for posting. Truthfully my wife won't do half the stuff being suggested by CB members. She really is a no thrills BlackBerry user. If it wasn't for that keyboard (she's PKB gal) and the fact that I'm literally her one man BlackBerry Technical Support team, she'd probably either have a flip phone still or I hate saying it.....an iPhone.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    01-25-16 09:28 AM
    She'll love the Classic I'm sure! And the price you got it for was great, where did you get it from anyway?

Posted via CB10
    Ya so far she's lovin it. She says the keyboard and screen on the Classic are her 2 favorite things thus far.

As for the purchase, I scoured the earth for 2 weeks looking for a Classic that was used, factory unlocked and had originally packaging for gift related presentation. Finally found someone in Ottawa Canada on Kijiji negotiated for a few days and then settled on $200.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    01-25-16 09:33 AM
    This tip alone is worth getting her the Classic. But thanks for posting. Truthfully my wife won't do half the stuff being suggested by CB members. She really is a no thrills BlackBerry user. If it wasn't for that keyboard (she's PKB gal) and the fact that I'm literally her one man BlackBerry Technical Support team, she'd probably either have a flip phone still or I hate saying it.....an iPhone.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    ur wife is just like me lol.. coming from sony and iphone 4 after I got my Q10 I was spoiled too much by the pkb minus the double typing experience im having on my Q10 which is thank god not an issue with my classic..

Posted via CB10
    01-25-16 09:36 AM
    My wife seems pretty impressed with my Classic when she sees me using it, but her Moto is waterproof which she loves. To bad BB doesn't make one waterproof, I would love that too...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-26-16 02:10 PM
    My wife seems pretty impressed with my Classic when she sees me using it, but her Moto is waterproof which she loves. To bad BB doesn't make one waterproof, I would love that too...

I would love BlackBerry to enter the "rugged" arena with their phones. Seems like another niche market that they could capitalize on. Sonim is the best current manufacturer and their devices are impressive, however: no physical keyboard.
    01-26-16 02:26 PM
    Ya so far she's lovin it. She says the keyboard and screen on the Classic are her 2 favorite things thus far.

As for the purchase, I scoured the earth for 2 weeks looking for a Classic that was used, factory unlocked and had originally packaging for gift related presentation. Finally found someone in Ottawa Canada on Kijiji negotiated for a few days and then settled on $200.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    I recommend staying away from using hers now and then. I picked one up to try out in November and my Z30 and Passport are relegated to WiFi usage.

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    01-26-16 11:07 PM

I remember seeing a company in the states you could ship your phone to and they'd submerge it in a solution that would coat all the components internal and external, making the phone waterproof. Can't remember the name however and you'd be without your phone for a few days I would suspect.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    01-27-16 08:04 AM
    I recommend staying away from using hers now and then. I picked one up to try out in November and my Z30 and Passport are relegated to WiFi usage.

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    I was a PKB user for years before switching up and using a Z10. Now that I have a Z30 as much as the Classic is a good looking device and the PKB is well spread out, I wouldn't go back. I love the real estate I get with my Z30 and BlackBerry VKB makes the transition from PKB very easy.

That being said, I can see myself using the Priv because the PKB is left as an option for use.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    01-27-16 08:10 AM
    I remember seeing a company in the states you could ship your phone to and they'd submerge it in a solution that would coat all the components internal and external, making the phone waterproof. Can't remember the name however and you'd be without your phone for a few days I would suspect.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    Liquipel

But it's like $60 not including the shipping costs. We're on a tight budget, don't think I could have justified buying a BB and then paying to have that done. She bought her Moto G for a little over $100. The good thing about Androids is that there are a lot of cheap options out there.

01-27-16 08:42 AM
    As the title reads, just picked up a Classic to replace my wife's aging Q10. I have to admit, it's a pretty nice device in comparison to the Q10.

Not something I'd leave my Z30 for but she's happy about the bigger brighter screen. And for $200 CDN, it was a steal as far as I'm concerned.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!

Attachment 388952
    Love my classic!

Posted via CB10
    01-27-16 10:50 AM