I just got my BlackBerry Classic, so i replaced my Q10, yesterday i connected my new phone to my 2013 328i and noticed phonebook will only sync phone number in numerical order and no more contact names. I have tried unpairing the phone and car and then pairing again but it still does not work. Please help!!
    I love BlackBerry Classic but is frustating having this problem, my former Q10 worked perfectly!!! Thanks everyone.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 08:48 PM
    I think it need Software update for certain model

Z 30
    01-09-15 09:39 PM
    Had that problem when the first Z came out. It took like 5 leaks to fix it

Z 30
    01-09-15 09:40 PM
    Does your Bluetooth From your car be updated

Z 30
    01-09-15 09:42 PM
    http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/con...re_update.html

Put in the Last 7 of your VIN in there. Download the file and update it. This is a car issue, not your phone

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    01-09-15 10:24 PM
    I'll try this fix, l'll let you know later.....

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 10:52 PM
    BMW ConnectedDrive : Software update

Put in the Last 7 of your VIN in there. Download the file and update it. This is a car issue, not your phone

Posted via CB10
    yes!! you were right my friend, i downloaded update .0008 and now i see names and numbers.

great fix, although internet and BMW live still dont connect. when i get into my CLASSIC bluetooth screen, i tap my car connection and at the bottom it shows the available services, at the end says internet: no connection, i wonder what the problem is....

thanks again
    01-13-15 11:24 PM
    yes!! you were right my friend, i downloaded update .0008 and now i see names and numbers.

great fix, although internet and BMW live still dont connect. when i get into my CLASSIC bluetooth screen, i tap my car connection and at the bottom it shows the available services, at the end says internet: no connection, i wonder what the problem is....

thanks again
    Glad it worked. As for the Internet thing via Bluetooth, BMW doesn't give us that luxury in Canada! Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 10:33 PM
    Oh oh, same problem again, not showing names! I wonder what the problem is.....it was working fine but suddenly my BMW screen doesn't show names, only numbers. Please somebody help me!!!!

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 10:55 PM
    Today i also connected my former phone Q10 and sync all the contacts and yes!! It shows all the names, so the problem is with the CLASSIC, something with the OS

Any clues?? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 12:12 AM
    What kind of bmw are you driving?

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 07:05 PM
    2013 , 328i

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 09:39 AM
    I am having the same problem with my Chrysler/Dodge Uconnect system only downloading phone numbers and not contact names into the car's phonebook. I have a BB Passport running OS 10.3.1.2267 (it just updated yesterday). My Passport was working fine with Uconnect until maybe a month ago. Uconnect used to be able to access my Passport's phonebook, and I could make calls just by saying the name of the person I wanted to call. All of the sudden there is a problem with the car accessing my Passport's phonebook. Phone numbers download into Uconnect, but not the names. Other than that, the Passport works properly with uConnect, and I'm able to make and receive calls handsfree via bluetooth. I cannot figure out the problem with the phonebook not downloading the names. I have tried deleting the device from Uconnect and re-pairing my Passport to the car, but that does not fix the problem. The phonebook still downloads, but only the phone numbers, not the names. I have read in the forums that others are having similar problems with other automobile manufacturers. I tweeted BlackberryHelp for assistance. If anyone has any solutions, I would be very appreciative. Thank you!
    03-06-15 11:18 AM
    My Classic connects perfectly with my BMW i3. Names for contacts and voice search also.
    03-06-15 03:39 PM