I just got my dad a BB Classic on Verizon, I don't have a BB10 device myself and I have a life of my own so I don't get much of a chance to mess around with them (although I definitely want a Passport for myself eventually). Keep in mind, my father is coming from a Motorola Razr flipphone, getting him to purchase a smartphone was like pulling teeth.

I'm trying to help him set up his phone to at least do the same features that his old flipphone had, but I'm running into difficulties. How do I get the phone to answer on the first ring when he has his bluetooth headset plugged in? He is a doctor on-call 24/7, so this feature is very important to him.

I could not find anything in the settings, quite frustrating, the closest next best thing I could think of would be to install the Google Play store and find an Android app that could do that for him, but surely I must be overlooking this feature?

Secondly, are there any voice commands that he can do on this phone? Since he's often driving back and forth between the hospital, home and clinic, I'm trying to keep him as hands-free as possible. On his flipphone he was able to say out loud "Call" [pause] "Emergency Room" and it would connect him. Where on BB10 would I go in order to help him set all that back up for him?

Thanks in advance.
    03-10-15 04:06 AM
    In the Phone app, swipe down from the top of the screen.
    Tap > Bluetooth.
    Turn on the Automatically Answer a Call When Connected to a Headset switch.
    When you turn on this feature and you have a Bluetooth headset connected to your BlackBerry device, your calls are automatically answered after 5 seconds.

Posted via CB10
    Michael_Stewart likes this.
    03-10-15 06:12 AM
    Also, get to know the BlackBerry Assistant. Take the time to read the info pages included in the app. Should do everything you're looking for and more.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 06:13 AM
    And, some features depend on the Bluetooth features also.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic PIN: 2BF2EE1C
    03-10-15 06:58 AM
    Thanks guys, I personally did not know that some of those features were a part of the bluetooth instead of the phone, but he sure did and was able to get it working without my help.

I have 4 more questions for now.

1) My dad knows how to start a text message by dictating to the phone over bluetooth, the problem he's having is, how is he supposed to be able to reply to an incoming text message by dictation? There's a microphone button on his Classic, which one would think would be what he needs to press in order to perform that function, but whenever I press it, it doesn't do squat?

2) One thing that annoys my dad greatly is when he goes to the dialer, if he's typing in a phone number, it makes that BEEP BOOP BOOP noise. He otherwise wants the audio on the phone to stay on for everything else, but he would like to be able to type a phone number silently.

3) Since he's on Verizon, I put him on 1GB of data since I figured it would take him a while to learn how to use it, but he's already close to blowing past his data usage. I tried to find "Data Management", I can type it into Universal Search and I see it there but when I select it all it does it take me to the settings menu. WTF? I just want to see his data usage, but I've poked through all those settings and I can't find it anywhere. Data management must be on the phone somewhere for it to show up in Universal Search, right?

4) My mom and dad share an email account together, but they have separate phone numbers and separate Blackberry devices. Can they create two separate Blackberry ID's without having two separate email accounts? I don't know how else to get around this, my mom got her Passport first, so I set up her BlackBerry ID with the email account they share, and now that my dad has his Classic, it won't let us create a seperate BlackBerry ID using the same email. Any ideas?
    03-24-15 10:07 PM