I have tried to scour the forums on this and it seems as if there is no solution to this problem, but I'm hoping I'm wrong. My wife has the Classic and is getting used to it, but we cannot turn the Bluetooth on.

I can go to settings and open networks and connections, then bluetooth. I can tap the bluetooth slider and it will change from grey to blue. After that, sometimes I see a greyed configure and refresh icon at the bottom, but nothing happens when I tap on them. After rebooting, sometimes I'll see a tap to pair icon, but it too is not functional.

On the forums I see the solution to remove all paired devices, but I cannot even start the Bluetooth to unpair anything.

Has anyone found a solution? It is a 10.3 version, but I forget which one it is now.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-18 04:29 PM
    I have tried to scour the forums on this and it seems as if there is no solution to this problem, but I'm hoping I'm wrong. My wife has the Classic and is getting used to it, but we cannot turn the Bluetooth on.

I can go to settings and open networks and connections, then bluetooth. I can tap the bluetooth slider and it will change from grey to blue. After that, sometimes I see a greyed configure and refresh icon at the bottom, but nothing happens when I tap on them. After rebooting, sometimes I'll see a tap to pair icon, but it too is not functional.

On the forums I see the solution to remove all paired devices, but I cannot even start the Bluetooth to unpair anything.

Has anyone found a solution? It is a 10.3 version, but I forget which one it is now.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe find out the exact OS version. It may need to be updated. If it is 10.3.2.xxxx or older I would recommend updating.
    12-17-18 04:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    +1 to brookie's solution if it's 10.3.2 . You could also try an autoloader to completely reload the OS. Depending on where your wife got her Classic, this could have been an issue for the previous owner as well.
    12-17-18 06:35 PM
    The OS software release is 10.3.3.2129, and version 10.3.3.3204. This was bought as new, although I suspect it might have been a display unit. The key to remove the SIM card slot was missing, but everything else looked new. The plastic protectant film was still on the glass.

My Q10 with 10.3.3.2137/3216 works very well. I will check the forums and see if problems were limited to this version only, or if it was a faulty install.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-18 06:45 PM
    Thanks for your help. From what I figured I'd have to autoload something. The task was much easier than I thought and it worked. So, to be clear, upgrading to 10.3.3.3216 solved the bluetooth issue.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-18 11:42 PM