Hi everyone,
    I consider to buy a Classic for quite a while and on my research I have seen this beautiful BlueBerry Classic. I think, I will buy it, but it is not available in Germany.
    Therefore I have to import it from either Benelux, Italy, France, Spain or the UK. It is a little bit pricey, but if it is in perfect condition, I think it is worth it.

Only on thing is worrying me.
    On a lot of pictures, it seems like the glass surrounding the screen, the Toolbelt, the keyboard and the plastic below the keypad have different tones of blue. On other photos all tones of blue seem to be the same.
    It could be just visible on images but not on the actual device itself if you hold it in your hands. So I ask you, proud owners of cobalt blue Classics:
    Is there a visible differences between the parts of you phones?
    If yes, is it visible in daily usage or only if your looking close enough?

Posted via CB10
    02-20-16 09:42 PM
    Now-a days they don't call it inconsistent or use any word that may sound negative.

Today, nothing is inconsistent. It's now made with a "uniqueness," a one of a kind that no one else but you have.

And although there's absolutely no difference in the phone "except" the way I described it....
    You'll pay more for sloppy craftsmanship (I mean) extra care taken to make it a one of a kind!

If that doesn't make sense to you than you do understand what I mean!!

I know that doesn't really answer your question but it's the week end. by Monday afternoon you'll get so many different answers and suggestions and reasons, that by the end of the day you'll be happy with the device you already have!

In my opinion, of course!
    02-21-16 12:26 AM
    I'm glad you posed this question, for I'm in the same situation and been thinking about asking it myself; you've pretty much saved me the typing. So, thanks!

So far I've been playing it safe with my black copy in which the color tone is completely seamless; but in the back of my mind I know I want to try out the more adventurous blue.

And that's when the question comes back: is the difference on color tones make or break the style? There will be a contrast on frame/screen right off the bat, but what worries me the most is the keyboard; this inconsistency, can one live with it?

I'm tempted to just buy it, and if it comes to worse, just send it back?

Saludos.
    02-21-16 05:58 AM
    It looks pretty even to me, but it will depend on your level of OCD, if you are asking this you will most certainly find a difference in tones. The one thing I did notice is that the keyboard feels better, more even feel and clickier.
    02-21-16 11:01 PM
    I had the chance to take glance on a blue Classic in the Netherlands today. A shop assistant had one for personal use but showed me as I asked if they have a blue in stock.
    The colour inconsistency is not as dramatic as I thought because of some pictures, but the screen glass is definitely in a slightly different tone than the pkb. I think this comes from the mat finish of the plastic and keyboard against the clear screen glass. It is not a very big difference and I think, it would be even lesser if one would install a anti reflexive screen protector on it.

But the dutch shop assistant highly dissuaded me to order a cobalt blue Classic to Germany as I would have to pay VAT on every single imported device but he had to return two of three devices due to build issues. He said that in knowledge of my clich german perfectionism that a device have to be perfect to be just worth the money I'm spending on it. Even if I would have to import a second one to get a flawless device, I would spent about 67 just on taxes. That's 480 for a blue Classic against a black one for regular about 300

So no blue Classic for me, but if it's just the colour that is someone holding back of buying one, I can confirm that it isn't that big issue I first thought. It's a little bit different, but maybe it's really just the difference between a clear and a mat finish on the screen.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Razuberi; 02-22-16 at 06:06 PM.
    02-22-16 05:48 PM
    Idk, I you like the blue just get one and live with whatever minor imperfection it may have, if any. I bought two and both were perfect
    02-23-16 04:30 PM
    I am struggling with myself. After getting a super faulty black device, which I returned just today after less than 20 hours of usage, I am back here and considering to import a blue one from the Netherlands.
    Now I read your experience of getting two devices which seems to be in a acceptable condition, which is the absolute opposite of the experience of the dutch shop assistant I spoke with.
    Maybe you are more credible since you don't want to sell me something. I don't know. I think, it's a kind of gamble whether you get a decent or a defective device.

I am afraid of being unhappy with a black device over the time because it is not exactly the same device I was going for, but I am just a student. I do not have a big amount of money to spend. It's 300 for a black one against 510,51 including taxes for a imported blue one since they are only sold by BlackBerry itself. At least I could not find a lower price for a dutch unit. An import from UK would not be cheaper if I want a brand new device. There are some used ones for 199 which would be about 320 including taxes but who knows, how these devices look like? If there is any problem with this used unit, I do not think I have support for it from the reseller.
    It's a price difference of more than 200 that deters me from importing a BlueBerry. For now, I do not know, if it is worth the money or not. Maybe I just have to think about it.

Well, that's a lot of OT, but I think it is not misplaced here. Even when the initial question is answered anyway.

Idk, I you like the blue just get one and live with whatever minor imperfection it may have, if any. I bought two and both were perfect
    May I ask where you are from? Maybe there are regional differences regarding the device quality?
    Which version is your Classic? A SQC100-1?
    Have you bought your devices directly from BlackBerry?
    Do you know if they give support for customers, who have a shop BlackBerry for their country but unable to buy a particular device?

Also, I have seen a couple of pictures you posted presenting your blue device. Could you possibly take some pictures in daylight conditions to show some more impressions of this beauty?

Sorry that I am asking you so much things, but I just have to extend my experiences, impressions and comments by other people to evaluate this situation. Maybe you could help me to find out if a BlueBerry is worth additionally 200 against a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-16 06:58 PM
    I have a blue Classic and I can also confirm the color is a bit lighter behind the glass screen. Toolbelt and pkb seems to be of the same color. Doesn't bother me too much... I suppose it is the way it's supposed to be
    Razuberi and joseanmx like this.
    02-24-16 07:31 AM
    I am struggling with myself. After getting a super faulty black device, which I returned just today after less than 20 hours of usage, I am back here and considering to import a blue one from the Netherlands.
    Now I read your experience of getting two devices which seems to be in a acceptable condition, which is the absolute opposite of the experience of the dutch shop assistant I spoke with.
    Maybe you are more credible since you don't want to sell me something. I don't know. I think, it's a kind of gamble whether you get a decent or a defective device.

I am afraid of being unhappy with a black device over the time because it is not exactly the same device I was going for, but I am just a student. I do not have a big amount of money to spend. It's 300 for a black one against 510,51 including taxes for a imported blue one since they are only sold by BlackBerry itself. At least I could not find a lower price for a dutch unit. An import from UK would not be cheaper if I want a brand new device. There are some used ones for 199 which would be about 320 including taxes but who knows, how these devices look like? If there is any problem with this used unit, I do not think I have support for it from the reseller.
    It's a price difference of more than 200 that deters me from importing a BlueBerry. For now, I do not know, if it is worth the money or not. Maybe I just have to think about it.

Well, that's a lot of OT, but I think it is not misplaced here. Even when the initial question is answered anyway.

200 is a lot just for the color. I purchased one from Amazon US mod sqc100-1 which I returned because I needed the 100-4 and the other from shopBlackberry US.
    May I ask where you are from? Maybe there are regional differences regarding the device quality?
    Which version is your Classic? A SQC100-1?
    Have you bought your devices directly from BlackBerry?
    Do you know if they give support for customers, who have a shop BlackBerry for their country but unable to buy a particular device?

Also, I have seen a couple of pictures you posted presenting your blue device. Could you possibly take some pictures in daylight conditions to show some more impressions of this beauty?

Sorry that I am asking you so much things, but I just have to extend my experiences, impressions and comments by other people to evaluate this situation. Maybe you could help me to find out if a BlueBerry is worth additionally 200 against a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    First one I got from Amazon US but ended up returning it because it was the 100-1 model and I needed the -4. Second was purchased from shopBlackberry US. Unless you are coming to the US or have someone that is, I would just pick whatever is available in your country.
    Last edited by Tessoro Desoto; 02-24-16 at 12:09 PM.
    02-24-16 11:48 AM
    First one I got from Amazon US but ended up returning it because it was the 100-1 model and I needed the -4. Second was purchased from shopBlackberry US. Unless you are coming to the US or have someone that is, I would just pick whatever is available in your country.
    Thanks a lot for your answers!
    I saw a blue one in a post of you which has separated call and hang up keys. I have to admit that it looks just awesome!
    As far as I know, I can use -4 and -1 in Europe, so I just want to buy one with separated keys.

After studying european tax laws, I learned, that I do not have to pay taxes for importing products from another EU-member or aligned country. So I will search a good price in either Netherlands, Italy or UK. Maybe I'm able to buy a cobalt BlueBerry for less than 400€.
    02-24-16 03:16 PM
    So I will search a good price in either Netherlands, Italy or UK. Maybe I'm able to buy a cobalt BlueBerry for less than 400.
    Amazon Italy is the best place to buy a blue Classic in Europe. About 380 including shipping and the power plug is the correct, 2 round pin type.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-16 06:16 AM
    where can i get the complete blue housing for the classic to swap the black one
    03-05-16 05:15 PM
    I've got a Blue one myself (previously only had a Black one) and it's amazing looks-wise - the keys are only very slightly darker blue than the rest of the frame
    Blue Classic - inconsistent blue colour?-img_20160301_130122.jpg

Follow me on Twitter @OMGitsRLR / BBM @ 2C1C340C / Proudly Posted via My PERFECT Blue BlackBerry Classic!
    coffeeaddict305 and joseanmx like this.
    03-07-16 04:15 PM
    i need it now! the blue one looks so nice.. the Black is just another legacy BB device for the eyes of the crowd
    03-15-16 07:17 AM