Hi guys,

I am still using my fantastic classic and passport. A blue classic should be included in my berry collection.

If you know where I can buy a new blue classic, please tell me.
    12-22-19 04:06 PM
    Try eBay
    12-22-19 07:05 PM
    Try eBay
    Yea. There is indeed one seller. It seems that that device is refurbished. Is there totally new device can be found?
    12-22-19 09:00 PM
    Yea. There is indeed one seller. It seems that that device is refurbished. Is there totally new device can be found?
    Might be easier to find a new-born Unicorn.
    John Albert, WES51 and gdugic like this.
    12-22-19 09:23 PM
    Might be easier to find a new-born Unicorn.
    Haha, indeed. I looked for one everywhere.
    12-23-19 03:28 PM
    The cobalt blue Classic ( if that was the original designation, I think ) is the rarest Classic indeed. To that end, it's not going to be really affordable, if it can be found. And as stated, it has been found on Ebay, in China, for an asking price of $144.39 plus shipping costs.

Now, the only reason this is so expensive is because of the rarity and the blue colour. In a way, it is similar to what happens with the PP Red version. Essentially the same phone but because of the different colour, it has a rather heavy premium. So, the question is, is it worth it?

Any answer has to be subjective obviously, but based on actual specs, I believe the asking price is really too high, especially in the Classic's case, which is way down on the specs department. Not that paying almost $250 for a used Red PP, or even worse, about $450 for a new one makes any more sense.
    12-24-19 10:53 AM
    The cobalt blue Classic ( if that was the original designation, I think ) is the rarest Classic indeed. To that end, it's not going to be really affordable, if it can be found. And as stated, it has been found on Ebay, in China, for an asking price of $144.39 plus shipping costs.

Now, the only reason this is so expensive is because of the rarity and the blue colour. In a way, it is similar to what happens with the PP Red version. Essentially the same phone but because of the different colour, it has a rather heavy premium. So, the question is, is it worth it?

Any answer has to be subjective obviously, but based on actual specs, I believe the asking price is really too high, especially in the Classic's case, which is way down on the specs department. Not that paying almost $250 for a used Red PP, or even worse, about $450 for a new one makes any more sense.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... or collector in this case. Value is what someone is willing to part with it and what someone is willing to pay.
    12-24-19 11:09 AM
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... or collector in this case. Value is what someone is willing to part with it and what someone is willing to pay.
    Totally agree here....after all, I've done similar things multiple times in my life so far.....It's because of the specs that I don't think I'd buy that device, even if I could afford it. Other than that yes, anyone wishing to own a Blue Classic, or a Red PP, or a BB Porsche Design device, be my guest.
    12-24-19 11:15 AM
    Totally agree here....after all, I've done similar things multiple times in my life so far.....It's because of the specs that I don't think I'd buy that device, even if I could afford it. Other than that yes, anyone wishing to own a Blue Classic, or a Red PP, or a BB Porsche Design device, be my guest.
    Specs, Age, Dead OS... lots of reason it's not worth it from a practical point of view.
    12-24-19 11:39 AM
    The cobalt blue Classic ( if that was the original designation, I think ) is the rarest Classic indeed.
    Well...there is the Bronze one which is even more rare.
    12-24-19 11:49 AM
    Well...there is the Bronze one which is even more rare.
    Well, yes, in theory it is even rarer, most probably because it has never been released.
    12-24-19 12:18 PM
    Well, yes, in theory it is even rarer, most probably because it has never been released.
    Like the Passport SE's running Android Lollipop, there are a few out there, but its owners don't really feel like getting rid of them it seems.
    12-24-19 01:03 PM
    Like the Passport SE's running Android Lollipop, there are a few out there, but its owners don't really feel like getting rid of them it seems.
    Correct me please if I'm wrong, but I think the only Passport with Android was a prototype OG one and not the SE, which supposedly was advertised here (?) for sale, but then disappeared.

Whatever the case though, we are talking about devices that don't really exist. But if some such devices actually existed, I believe one of the few owners would be tempted to start an Ebay auction and see what happened.
    12-24-19 01:10 PM
    Correct me please if I'm wrong, but I think the only Passport with Android was a prototype OG one and not the SE, which supposedly was advertised here (?) for sale, but then disappeared.

Whatever the case though, we are talking about devices that don't really exist. But if some such devices actually existed, I believe one of the few owners would be tempted to start an Ebay auction and see what happened.
    I suspect a Bronze Classic can easily go for $600 - $700 USD.

A Passport (SE or OG) running Android?

We may be looking at a 4 digit winning bid.
    12-24-19 01:13 PM
    I suspect a Bronze Classic can easily go for $600 - $700 USD.

A Passport (SE or OG) running Android?

We may be looking at a 4 digit winning bid.
    Both cases quite possible....if there were ever auctioned, that is.
    12-24-19 01:41 PM
    All that having being said, I have to admit that I quite like the Blue Classic, have always liked it, so why not?

And as to a dead OS, well, that's simply not true, and by now we all know it. And while I would never try to convince anyone to buy a BB10 device now, it still is the best OS that ever existed and those left using it are most happy, believe you me.
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    12-24-19 01:50 PM
    Both cases quite possible....if there were ever auctioned, that is.
    A Passport running Android is stolen property. They were never released. At least one made it into the wild and BlackBerry Limited recovered it as stolen property.
    12-26-19 02:41 PM