So any word when the alternate colors are coming out? Waiting for the blue

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 05:49 PM
    I don't think it's going to happen.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 06:00 PM
    Your best bet is to color a black one, or use your imagination.

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 T-Mobile 4G LTE
    06-04-15 06:43 PM
    Buy a blue case

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 06:44 PM
    Have not heard anything other than seeing that one picture but I imagine it will be available down the road. Hope for lime green and Hemi Orange.
    06-04-15 06:46 PM
    Haha. The pics look so nice

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 06:47 PM
    Still hanging onto the 9930 and waiting for the blue myself.

This may sound dumb to some, but I've decided my future with blackberry depends on the release of this blue classic.

Moving to a classic over my black 9930 does nothing for me really other than a (supposedly) much better browser. I've checked all the apps I currently use on the 9930 and the ones that I want but can't have due BB7 not having them. On the Classic (BB10) only a couple of the apps I want but cant have on the 9930 are available, but also a couple of the ones I use on the 9930 are NOT available in BB10. It's really a one for one trade off, and with BB10's continued lack of Mobile Iron/Duo Mobile/Cisco AnyConnect/S-MIME Encryption support, I still wouldn't be able to check my work email on a BB10 phone, which is the main thing I really want to be able to do with a new phone.

So basically me moving to a blackberry classic would be for 2 things. 1. A better browser. 2. The potential of some of the apps I want/work email support at some point in the future.

A black (or white) classic just isn't worth that to me, but the Blue one looks so damn good that I'd pay the few hundred dollars for the browser and potential. (And no, a blue case just does't do it for me. Never used a case on my 9930 and don't want to start.)

If the blue never comes out, I just can't justify spending hundreds of dollars on a better browser, when I could do the same on an Android while also getting all the app/work email support I could ever want, only at the expense of a keyboard/toolbelt.

Come on blackberry, keep me a customer and release that Blue!
    06-05-15 03:02 PM
    Agree 100% with you 007.
    06-05-15 05:38 PM

This may sound dumb to some, but I've decided my future with blackberry depends on the release of this blue classic.

Moving to a classic over my black 9930 does nothing for me really other than a (supposedly) much better browser. I've checked all the apps I currently use on the 9930 and the ones that I want but can't have due BB7 not having them. On the Classic (BB10) only a couple of the apps I want but cant have on the 9930 are available, but also a couple of the ones I use on the 9930 are NOT available in BB10. It's really a one for one trade off, and with BB10's continued lack of Mobile Iron/Duo Mobile/Cisco AnyConnect/S-MIME Encryption support, I still wouldn't be able to check my work email on a BB10 phone, which is the main thing I really want to be able to do with a new phone.

So basically me moving to a blackberry classic would be for 2 things. 1. A better browser. 2. The potential of some of the apps I want/work email support at some point in the future.

A black (or white) classic just isn't worth that to me, but the Blue one looks so damn good that I'd pay the few hundred dollars for the browser and potential. (And no, a blue case just does't do it for me. Never used a case on my 9930 and don't want to start.)

If the blue never comes out, I just can't justify spending hundreds of dollars on a better browser, when I could do the same on an Android while also getting all the app/work email support I could ever want, only at the expense of a keyboard/toolbelt.

You realize that email on BlackBerry 10 is phenomenal compared to an android phone? And that budget android phones with double the specs of BlackBerry phones are actually slower OS wide?
    06-05-15 07:24 PM
    This is about where I'm at... to a point. Love my BlackBerry 10 devices, but would like to try one of the new ones.

Just started asking questions in the Leap section about build quality. Not sure why Chen insists on gluing the screens on. The Z30 (I know different market blah blah) was perfect screen wise. The Passport, which I have, has issues with the screen lifting up because the glue isn't strong enough.

Anyway, I'll see what type of feedback I get there but if the blue Classic is released I'm on it day 1!

My birthday is coming up quick and have some extra money to spend on a phone and I've went from my first smartphone (BlackBerry Storm) to having a few BlackBerry 10 devices after a short stint with Android which was fine and want to try something different hence the Classic form factor.

If it's not out by the time the S6 Active is out, I'm going to dab back into Android and see how far they've come since I used that OS. I've held the regular S6 and it feels delicate like it'll break as soon as it falls just like the iPhone 6 so I'm sure the Active will take care of that. Friend has a S5 Active and it's more beefy to hold which I like.

I guess my point is that your comment isn't that far fetched. I may hate the S6 Active if I end up with one or I may love it, but would rather have the blue Classic that's been delayed until who knows when. The twitter picture of Chen with the blue Classic gives me hope we'll see it soon though.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 09:51 PM

The Classic is so much better than the 9930. Your email needs seem dependent on another solution, but the phone itself is world's better.

The looks are similar, but battery life, camera, media playback, and the whole OS is better. I had the 9900, and thought that was the best BlackBerry could do. The blue color does look cool, but it's not like a black Classic is just basically the same internally as a 9930 from 2011.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 01:28 AM
    Still waiting on the blue Classic here as well! Why BlackBerry did not release it along with the white version is still a mystery to me, after the pictures and hands on promotion they did for it. Don't remember the Passport variants taking this long to release. Typical BlackBerry move how they hype you up just to let you down lol. Will probably wait until the end of the summer to make a move. If it hasn't released by then might as well just go with the Blassic!

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 08:06 AM
    You realize that email on BlackBerry 10 is phenomenal compared to an android phone? And that budget android phones with double the specs of BlackBerry phones are actually slower OS wide?
    I'm sure you are correct, however that still doesn't mean I can access my work email from the Classic. My company of 1500ish people has a grand total of ONE blackberry user...me. Because of this, when they migrated to a new, more secure email system, they decided to scrap the BES. The new system requires one of two things:

A. You use an app called Mobile Iron, which connects securely to whatever their system is, to allow email access on the phone. This app is only available for Android and IOS.

B. You use the Cisco AnyConnect client to connect your phone to the company VPN, using an app called Duo Mobile to get your two factor authentication key for the VPN. Neither AnyConnect nor Duo Mobile are available for BB10.

So while I'm sure you are right, unfortunately due to my companies abandonment of blackberry support, Android or IOS are still my only options for work email.
    06-06-15 09:40 AM
    You use the Cisco AnyConnect client to connect your phone to the company VPN, using an app called Duo Mobile to get your two factor authentication key for the VPN. Neither AnyConnect nor Duo Mobile are available for BB10.
    I started using Cisco AnyConnect on my Classic a few weeks ago and it works perfectly.. so I don't see the need of Duo Mobile or any other third party app?
    CobaltClassic007 likes this.
    06-06-15 09:46 AM
    I started using Cisco AnyConnect on my Classic a few weeks ago and it works perfectly.. so I don't see the need of Duo Mobile or any other third party app?
    To connect to my companies VPN, you need both your Exchange/Active Directory password, and a 2nd "two-factor authentication" (TFA) key, which is a string of 8 digits, generated and changing every 10 seconds in the Duo Mobile app. There should be a "second password" field when connecting to the VPN in AnyConnect.

My company no longer issues out the RSA VPN hard tokens, it's all digital now, and they have limited the TFA access to that Duo Mobile app. I guess in this day and age of hackers, my company isn't messing around with email security.

oh, OWA is only accessible via VPN as well.

That is very interesting that AnyConnect is now available on the Classic. I did not know there was a BB10 AnyConnect client. There wasn't a month or two ago last time I was in a Verizon store. That's great news though and actually makes me hopeful. I'll have to go to a Verizon store and fart around with it on the Classic and see what I can do.
    06-06-15 09:55 AM
    To connect to my companies VPN, you need both your Exchange/Active Directory password, and a 2nd "two-factor authentication" (TFA) key, which is a string of 8 digits, generated and changing every 10 seconds in the Duo Mobile app. There should be a "second password" field when connecting to the VPN in AnyConnect.

That is very interesting that AnyConnect is now available on the Classic. I did not know there was a BB10 AnyConnect client. There wasn't a month or two ago last time I was in a Verizon store. That's great news though.
    Ah ok, understood! Yeah I just need my regular exchange username/password without the two-factor authentication stuff.

Yep, even though the client is still in 'beta mode', but so far I haven't experienced any glitches or anything.
    06-06-15 10:01 AM

My company no longer issues out the RSA VPN hard tokens, it's all digital now, and they have limited the TFA access to that Duo Mobile app. I guess in this day and age of hackers, my company isn't messing around with email security.

oh, OWA is only accessible via VPN as well.

That is very interesting that AnyConnect is now available on the Classic. I did not know there was a BB10 AnyConnect client. There wasn't a month or two ago last time I was in a Verizon store. That's great news though and actually makes me hopeful. I'll have to go to a Verizon store and fart around with it on the Classic and see what I can do.
    I found a DouMobile on my Classic in BlackBerry World here: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/28708895
    and, as mentioned, Cisco AnyConnect is available for Classic also and can be found here: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59952066
    Blue BlackBerry Classic-img_20150606_110908.png

Blue BlackBerry Classic-img_20150606_110920.png

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 10:10 AM
    I found a DouMobile on my Classic in BlackBerry World here: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/28708895
    and, as mentioned, Cisco AnyConnect is available for Classic also and can be found here: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59952066
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150606_110908.png 
Views:	299 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	356304

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150606_110920.png 
Views:	300 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	356302

Posted via CB10
    Whaaa? That also wasn't there back in March or April when I was in the Verizon store. I'll have to head over there this weekend and check it out.

Thanks for the heads up! Any chance you could check for one called "Mobile Iron" or "MobileIron"?
    06-06-15 12:34 PM
    Thanks for the heads up! Any chance you could check for one called "Mobile Iron" or "MobileIron"?
    No MobileIron in BlackBerry World that I could turn up... Read a few articles RE: BlackBerry and MobileIron It appears both ends have mutually engaged in a pissing contest of sorts that seems to have affected progress on device support...

Hopefully the future will bring amends with more well-rounded support for those in situations similar to yours...

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 01:18 PM
    How on earth can you justifiably state this? Can you provide qualify able fact to support this statement?! Should be double blind proof.

BlackBerry, accept no substitute nor compromise!
    06-06-15 01:52 PM
    How on earth can you justifiably state this? Can you provide qualify able fact to support this statement?! Should be double blind proof.

Have you used a low end android device for more than a month? They are strange and always magically start getting slower and slower for some reason. Something that BlackBerry 10 seems really good at is the long run speed.
    Anecdotal evidence of course but a point to mention is BlackBerry 10 is infinitely quicker in terms of steps to get things done in the OS. Apps might not launch as fast as an iPhone but the hub is always ready to go.
    06-07-15 07:50 PM
    Have you used a low end android device for more than a month? They are strange and always magically start getting slower and slower for some reason. Something that BlackBerry 10 seems really good at is the long run speed.
    Anecdotal evidence of course but a point to mention is BlackBerry 10 is infinitely quicker in terms of steps to get things done in the OS. Apps might not launch as fast as an iPhone but the hub is always ready to go.
    This is opinionated at best.

N4, Xperia S Arc, TL, Samsung Galaxy S3, LG Optimus Pro, is that enough? Slowness of an android phone is not what I challenged you on. I challenged you on your statement of BlackBerry performance. Try to focus and stick to your guns and when challenged for validity try less to be so wide arched and opinionated.

06-07-15 10:43 PM
    This is opinionated at best.

N4, Xperia S Arc, TL, Samsung Galaxy S3, LG Optimus Pro, is that enough? Slowness of an android phone is not what I challenged you on. I challenged you on your statement of BlackBerry performance. Try to focus and stick to your guns and when challenged for validity try less to be so wide arched and opinionated.

S3 isn't low end. Also, how long have you used them? Also. Yes, Android gets slower with time. Poor garbage collection.

Work Wide and Prosper
    06-07-15 11:38 PM
    S3 isn't low end. Also, how long have you used them? Also. Yes, Android gets slower with time. Poor garbage collection.

Work Wide and Prosper
    BlackBerry also gets slow with time ... read a few threads here with Memory consumption and held by Apps. I've finally reached a point where 4 tabs will kill off CB10 app and Chrome Browser which even the Android Runtime is not using as much data as the browser or even The Hub. EVER OS consumes RAM.

S3 wasn't exactly "High End" in it's hey day either ... the Motorola Droids had better performance ... heck even the Galaxy SIIx had more.

I don't think I've used ANY Android more than 30 days and if I'm mistakken not much more than 10 days after that. I hate the inconsistencies in apps per device availability of such device performance ease of use to DO what you want and nothing pimple kid time consuming either.
    06-09-15 12:08 AM