I have over a thousand songs on my BlackBerry classic music app, now I have three albums with each a hundred tracks with lectures, it's really annoying to have them start playing when I click shuffle on my music app, is there any way to remove them or deselect them from playing on my music app?
    Yes I can make a playlist with all my songs that will take quite some time to add all my albums, wondering if is an easier way to deselect the three albums versus selecting a hundred albums?
    06-30-19 03:03 PM
    Install an Adroid app called Ghost Commander, run it and in those folders you don't want to be played, create a blank file called .nomedia

Posted on BlackBerry Classic via CB10
    Myi66081 likes this.
    06-30-19 05:28 PM
    Zip the lectures or music you don't want to play, or the .folder/ idea is good too. Anything in said folder your apps won't see except the browser or mentioned Ghost Commander.

Posted via CB10
    Myi66081 likes this.
    06-30-19 08:31 PM
    Zip the lectures or music you don't want to play, or the .folder/ idea is good too. Anything in said folder your apps won't see except the browser or mentioned Ghost Commander.

Posted via CB10
    Install an Adroid app called Ghost Commander, run it and in those folders you don't want to be played, create a blank file called .nomedia

I still want to be able to listen to them when I want, just not when I'm shuffling my music that I should have speeches starting to play, kind of annoying having to click the skip button every 5 seconds.
    Will try the above methods and report back.
    Thanks guys.
    06-30-19 08:45 PM
    I still want to be able to listen to them when I want, just not when I'm shuffling my music that I should have speeches starting to play, kind of annoying having to click the skip button every 5 seconds.
    Thanks guys.
    That's what Playlists are for. There are apps to help create playlists so you don't have to make them manually (I use a Windows desktop app for mine, and my music collection and playlists are copied in several places, including my phone's SD card, but there are phone apps for that too).

You pick your "music only" playlist, then shuffle that. You can also make a "lectures" playlist to get quick access to those.
    06-30-19 10:43 PM
    If you do what I suggested the files won't be seen by the music player, but you'll be able to listen to them by playing them directly from the location they're in... I did that for some similar files and some ring tones I have on SD card.

07-01-19 01:22 AM
    Thanks guys.
    Hey myi,

As a minor modification to hazmaju's suggestion, I'd say you can just copy the .nomedia file to as many folders as you wish using File Manager or directly to your SD card via a reader, Link, mapping your BB as a network drive, etc. It may save you some time if you don't want to create playlists.
    07-01-19 08:57 PM