Does anyone know how to enable the Tether/Hotspot on Blackberry Classic running VZW 10.3.1.1448 ? I can't find anything in the Engineer (Help me) mode .
    05-12-15 04:22 PM
    You have to have a data plan with Verizon that includes hotspot capabilities. Then it's just a matter of "Settings>Networks and Connections>Mobile Hotspot". After you enable it, you choose a password and you're all set. But it all starts with having a Verizon plan that includes hotspot.

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    05-12-15 05:40 PM
    Thanks James, I know exactly what you talking about. I have unlimited data with vwz I want to utilize my unlimited data. I'm looking how to enable the Hotspot inside the engineer mode. Or loading a custom radio.

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    05-12-15 05:51 PM
    With VZW, you have to pay extra for the Hotspot if you have Unlimited Data. It is one of the ways they try to move people to their new plans. The tether/hotspot might not show up if you haven't activated it with VZW.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 07:24 PM
    This only worked with old os versions, I'm talking old like 10.1. Your never going to be able to do it with a classic because it never had an os that old.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 07:51 PM
    all that has to be modified is the Escreen in the classic 10.3 os they have been able to interchange the radios from one bb10 to another and even make custom hybrid os there is definately someone that can at least know a way that the escreen on the 10.3 os can be modified to be able to Turn off the VZW Over Tethering/MHS Entitlement option inside the General Radio - RNDIS IP Tethering
    05-13-15 04:09 PM
    ToY9Cito you are correct! So many people out there creating and modifying radio I just don't understand.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 07:53 PM
    Both of you are absolutely wrong.

No one is modifying any files on a blackberry; because it can't be done without having the key to sign the OS/files again. The only thing being done is mixing and matching different and unmodified OS versions with different and unmodified radio versions.

There are absolutely no custom hybrid OS files for BB10 devices. There are only mixed and matched OS/radio combinations being mis-labeled as custom or hybrid.

In short; there is no way to modify anything that's been locked down by BlackBerry, regardless if requested by a carrier or not.

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    05-15-15 01:17 PM
    ZeroBarrier. Let me ask you why my tether work when I'm traveling out of the country that's nothing to do with blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 09:01 PM
    ZeroBarrier. Let me ask you why my tether work when I'm traveling out of the country that's nothing to do with blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    Are you using a different SIM card?

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 03:48 AM
    ZeroBarier, Yes

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 07:53 AM
    When I still had unlimited data, they wouldn't let me use mobile hotspot at all. I miss my unlimited data...wish I never gave it up

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 08:37 AM
    ZeroBarier, Yes

Posted via CB10
    The carrier providing you with the SIM card allows tether, Verizon does not. You either have to pay for tethering on Verizon, get a different device on Verizon that allows you to bypass Verizon tethering restrictions, or just live without being able to tether on your BB10 device.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 11:05 AM
    Or get a Verizon plan that specifically includes tethering.
    05-24-15 11:25 AM
    I just don't want to get rid of my unlimited plan I'll consider switch to a android device. Let see

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 04:41 PM
    I just don't want to get rid of my unlimited plan I'll consider switch to a android device. Let see

Posted via CB10
    Switching to a different device won't make hotspot work. Hotspot ability is something that your carrier provides.

06-02-15 04:55 PM
    Actually, on a rooted Android device or a jailbroken IOS device, you can install a custom ROM or a tethering app to create a hotspot, whether or not it's a part of your plan. In essence, it uses trickery to bypass the Verizon entitlement check.
    06-02-15 05:41 PM
    Actually, on a rooted Android device or a jailbroken IOS device, you can install a custom ROM or a tethering app to create a hotspot, whether or not it's a part of your plan. In essence, it uses trickery to bypass the Verizon entitlement check.
    If that is true, I'd say "Go for it!" to the op. I've never owned an android device (except for a Galaxy Tab 4 I got last week....it was on sale), so I have no idea what a droid can or cannot do. Thanks for the schooling.

06-02-15 07:36 PM