Summary

The curse of BlackBerry is that it cannot shut down or sell its device business.

Current enterprise and government clients still need phones built and secured by BlackBerrys unique Elliptic Curve Cryptography technology.

Selling cheap Android phones will help BlackBerry rebuild its mainstream appeal.

BlackBerry's Curse Is That It Cannot Stop Building Phones - BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Seeking Alpha
    05-31-16 04:34 AM
    I do think that eventually BBRY could pivit to software only but they need more time in the software space before they can do it.
    MattBurns25 likes this.
    05-31-16 05:58 AM
    Here is hoping that their curse is our benefit.

If digging up old enterprise phones is the only way I can get a non Android BlackBerry then hand me a shovel!

Doesn't get Classier then posting from a Classic!
    05-31-16 07:05 AM
    Only selling phones at a profit will keep blackberry's hardware business going. Chen has done a good job of cutting cost to the point that blackberry only has to sell 3 million android phones to keep the hardware business alive. With 3 blackberry android form factors being available before the year is out, they should be able to hit that mark, as it provides an upgrade path to everyone to a blackberry android device from BB10 or BBOS. The only ones that may feel left out is the passport crowd, if they don't want to go with the 4 row keyboard Rome.

Posted via CB10
    MattBurns25 likes this.
    05-31-16 12:41 PM
    as it provides an upgrade path to everyone to a blackberry android device from BB10 or BBOS. The only ones that may feel left out is the passport crowd, if they don't want to go with the 4 row keyboard Rome.

Posted via CB10
    It won't just be the Passport crowd but also people that don't want Android.
    I have given it a shot and I keep coming back to BB10. Sure the Priv is nice and flashy. Fun to mess around with at first, but after a while I got sick of the Android experience. BB10 has a much better flow to it.
    I could go on and on about the differences but at the end of the day, I don't want to be forced back to an Android device.

Doesn't get Classier then posting from a Classic!
    MattBurns25 likes this.
    05-31-16 04:27 PM
    Selling cheap Android phones will help BlackBerry rebuild its mainstream appeal.
    I'm sorry, How has that worked out so far? I read on another thread that India imported a couple of hundred Privs. Given a time frame of a few years they might break one million world wide
    MattBurns25 likes this.
    05-31-16 04:39 PM