My wife wanted back the keyboard for comfort typing , she doesn't care screen size or stereo speakers but what else she must be aware.

How is the Classic and are there people just swapped from Z30 to the Classic. I like to hear some experience and what you find out in using apps or speed? also from Classic users
    Last edited by whatsever; 03-13-15 at 02:50 AM.
    03-13-15 02:13 AM
    Get your wife what she wants and then take her to a nice movie.

They are both great phones.

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    makie, andy957 and joan006 like this.
    03-13-15 08:22 AM
    +1 to that sir!

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    03-13-15 11:14 AM
    I like blackberry keyboard and I decided to choose Classic

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 01:36 PM
    I have them both and they are awesome tools. I use the Classic as my daily driver (gotta have that keyboard) and the Z30 got confiscated by my Dad. He stepped up from the Z10. Screen real estate is the big difference to me. I don't run many apps so when went to the Classic I didn't really miss the screen size. My Dad, on the other hand, is streaming this and that and loves the bigger screen. All about what you want to use it for. Both are great buys!
    TgeekB and andy957 like this.
    03-13-15 02:58 PM
    Agree with Bubba. I have both and they both perform admirably. Classic is my every day device. Z30 usually for weekends.

Be classically hip with the BlackBerry Classic
    03-13-15 03:03 PM
    I have both too. Comfort typing is a weird thing. Here's what I leared

Comfort typing on all touch: you can normally type a lot faster and my fingers don't ache as much but I make waaaaaaay more typos on touch. Correcting those typos take forever and it's frustrating. One other advantage of touch typing is that you can't fatfinger. That's because the software makes a decision on which key you meant when you hit between the keys. The issue is of course that you don't always hit between the right keys.

Comfort typing on a physical keyboard. I usually type much more accurately on touch. You need a bit more force to type and it can cause aching on longer emails but the minimal amount of time it takes to correct your emails is well worth it. Of course you run into fat fingering here and there but that's usually bad when you are rushing or you aren't holding the phone at the right angle.

I find the classics screen to be real nice. I rarely come to a situation where I need a bigger screen. The Q10 was a struggle for me.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 03:16 PM
    Coming from Bold 9650 -> Z10 -> Classic:
    -overall: very happy with the Classic
    -pros: phys keyboard is better for human hands (screen size not so important for me), great battery, nice OS improvements
    -cons: a little slow at times, browser crash, no flash, occasional copy paste issue

Those of you who switch between phones, is it as simple as turning one off and turning the other on ?
    03-13-15 04:52 PM
    I got both Z30 Classic I use my Classic for work the Z30 for video and Music love Both she will like the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 06:38 PM
    The Z30 is definitely faster when it comes to loading desktop webpages with lots of pictures or graphics, more intensive apps and android apps. The Classic will be a few seconds behind a Z30 in performing these actions. For simple mobile sites and basic functions, the difference is negligible.

I type faster on the Z30 in landscape mode, but I prefer the Classic keyboard nonetheless. Physical switches for every single key and the tactile feedback it provides is a wonderful thing. The programmable keyboard shortcuts are awesome, physical call/end keys are awesome, and the text editing capabilities are awesome.

Apart from specs and sucking for watching video, the Classic is great. It's just fun and fast to use. It hasn't even been a week and I'm already bored with slabs =)

From a Classic
    03-13-15 07:56 PM
    I have both too. Z30 is now resting (probably for good) in my drawer and I use the Classic as my daily driver.

The reason? Nothing beats the sensations of typing on a pkb. While Z30 with the 10.3.1 virtual keyboard is also very nice, I prefer tactile feedback.

Another thing is, even though Z30 is a great phone, I still have a hard time not comparing it to other candy-bar smartphones (android and apple). To me, it's either pkb-blackberry, or Apple (for touch devices).

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 01:32 AM
    . To me, it's either pkb-blackberry, or Apple (for touch devices).

Posted via CB10
    I totally agree

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 01:50 AM
    One reason my z30 is living in my drawer over the classic is the build quality of the devices. The classic just feels so amazing and solid the Z30 back cover always shifted on me and the plastic frame wasn't much to get excited over.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 11:00 AM
    I'm actually the other way round. I was from Z10 before moving to Classic. But I find surfing Channel from Classic just a bit cramped (I'm a heavy Channel user). Furthermore some games which I bought does not work with Classic.

So I bought a Z30. However I've tried several times to move to Z30 but kept coming back to Classic.

I just loved Classic built quality. I actually prefer Z3 built than the Z30. Typing from the Classic keyboard also feels marvellous, although I also loves BlackBerry non physical keyboard. I also prefer Classic and Z3 LCD screen. Z30's amoled screen just not to my taste.

In short, I find Classic lacking in the screen size but I couldn't seems to move away from it.

Currently I'm using both. Classic as my primary device while Z30 act like a tablet (games and multimedia) . I prefer just using one device, but this combination will suffice for now

Posted via CB10
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    03-14-15 06:49 PM
    Since you have said that your wife like the physical keyboard, so that the classic is the best choice among BlackBerry devices so far. Besides,the tool belt also powerfully.
    Just buy it hah.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 08:53 PM
    One reason my z30 is living in my drawer over the classic is the build quality of the devices. The classic just feels so amazing and solid the Z30 back cover always shifted on me and the plastic frame wasn't much to get excited over.

Posted via CB10
    I feel exactly opposite. I think Z30 is of higher build quality than the Classic.
    03-14-15 09:42 PM
    I think build quality wise, the Classic is on par with the Zed 30. They are both well built phones

I just hope that the functionality and be further polished on the BlackBerry 10 software...

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 01:10 AM
    I feel exactly opposite. I think Z30 is of higher build quality than the Classic.
    Maybe we need to define "build quality". My classic has no gaps or crooked keys. It's perfect. Taking that into account, I think the classics non removable back, the steel frame, and the glass screen tops the z30 plastiky feeling chassis.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 02:31 PM
    I've gone from 9900 to Z10, sold that after a couple of days as I couldn't get on with early 10 software and the touch screen, carried on with the 9900 for a couple of years (great great phone).Then bought a Classic in January which was great, however now i've got the hang of Blackberry 10 software, which was designed around the touch screen, have just bought a z30 which is great. Battery life seems better than the classic and working in a dirty environment the touch screen is more practical.
    03-15-15 02:51 PM
    Funny you should ask. I just got my Classic thus week. At the same time, I talked my wife (who'd gone from the 9930 to a Galaxy S4) into trying a Z30 for 6 months until she was eligible for a new phone on Verizon (got the Z30 used).

So far so good! The Z30 is truly a great phone, and she is quite happy with it--for now. The only small issue is the lack of Google Play services, but there's enough else to keep her happy.

I'm strictly a hard-keyboard man myself, and I love the Classic. At this juncture, 10.3.1 works MUCH better on it than it was on my old Q10. But if I were forced to use a full-screen phone, there's no question I'd get my own Z30. It's a high-quality machine.

For those of you who have not yet held a Classic, be advised that it is considerably larger and heavier than a Q10. It's as wide as a Z30 and almost as long. This is not an issue for me, but I could see its being an issue for those who like to slip their phone into a shirt pocket.

As far as having the tool belt back, well, all I can say is that it's about time!

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 07:11 PM
    Maybe we need to define "build quality". My classic has no gaps or crooked keys. It's perfect. Taking that into account, I think the classics non removable back, the steel frame, and the glass screen tops the z30 plastiky feeling chassis.

Posted via CB10
    I think there have been many reports of gaps or light bleed in Classic (even though yours may not have had it), which basically points to some form of poor quality control at the manufacturing plant. Of course, that may have been the case in the initial batches (I don't know). That plus the plasticy back (compared to the glass weave back of Z30) is why I think the Z30 feels of higher quality build, regardless of what the framing materials actually are. I thought it was perhaps just me, but most of my friends also had a similar reaction. When I showed my Classic to a few of my non -BB friends, interestingly, some asked whether I bought it used! Maybe it was because of the unpolished stainless or how the font looks on the keyboard, but the same people had previously responded differently to the Z30 (they thought it was a great quality phone). The only other comment they made was "wow the Classic is heavy", which didn't equate to the perception of quality in this case (they said the same thing with the Z30, but were impressed with the quality, unlike the Classic)! Anyway, that's my experience with the perception of quality of these two phones.
    03-15-15 07:44 PM
    I think there have been many reports of gaps or light bleed in Classic (even though yours may not have had it), which basically points to some form of poor quality control at the manufacturing plant. Of course, that may have been the case in the initial batches (I don't know). That plus the plasticy back (compared to the glass weave back of Z30) is why I think the Z30 feels of higher quality build, regardless of what the framing materials actually are. I thought it was perhaps just me, but most of my friends also had a similar reaction. When I showed my Classic to a few of my non -BB friends, interestingly, some asked whether I bought it used! Maybe it was because of the unpolished stainless or how the font looks on the keyboard, but the same people had previously responded differently to the Z30 (they thought it was a great quality phone). The only other comment they made was "wow the Classic is heavy", which didn't equate to the perception of quality in this case (they said the same thing with the Z30, but were impressed with the quality, unlike the Classic)! Anyway, that's my experience with the perception of quality of these two phones.
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 02:25 AM