BlackBerry is annoying in how they love to prolong phones and software for months, and months.... we have all been waiting for the classic/passport for a very long time... if johnny Chen is holding it in his hands and playing with it, why can't he release it for sale in a month? rather than 3 months?

They did this before with BlackBerry 10 release when thornstein heinz ketchup delayed the release for 6 months+ and BlackBerry was slowly rotting away...

BlackBerry needs to stop leaking stuff 6months-1 year prior and making us so anxious... it's annoying.

-Sack Harry

Posted via CB10
    hindsketchup238 likes this.
    06-23-14 03:51 PM
    You're totally right, instead what the company should be doing is rushing out software and hardware that isn't ready for consumers. It's like you think they have their product all ready to go sitting on a shelf...do you understand what the company has been going through. Think of all the layoffs that have occurred in the past year alone. You think it's easy to just carry on business as usual? The teams in HW and SW development would have had to completely shift around the workload to try and meet deadlines. In a year and a half they've launched 6 phones, with 2 (maybe 3) more this fall, as well as another SW update. I find it hilarious you think them taking their time with making sure their products are spot on is annoying. You're right, maybe they should launch a phone like Storm again...because that went well
    KDB84, gokulesh, ATMJOE and 3 others like this.
    06-23-14 04:12 PM
    Never trust a man with a chin like that.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    06-23-14 04:35 PM
    Never trust a man with a chin like that.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    Let's not go there. We all know it's a sensitive area issue.
    howarmat, jpvj, Matty and 5 others like this.
    06-23-14 04:39 PM
    I miss Thorsten Heinz Ketchup. He should have stayed longer. Or team up with Chen.

Heinz make good stuff.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 04:40 PM
    I'd rather have it right than quick. Introducing a premature lemon, like the launch of the Storm, at this point would be fatal for the company, imo. Beta twice, launch once...
    06-23-14 04:52 PM
    What difference does it make? At this point, the mainstream market doesn't even know of bb10's existence, never mind their phones.

I think they've released plenty of phones since bb10's release plus some great OS updates.

The fact that the jarkata was released in May, and the passport and classic coming this fall is testament to the new company, it's way faster than the bb before Chen and even if we have to wait a few months, I think it builds up anticipation anyway.

Look how long it takes for Apple and Google to release their new flagships.

Posted via CB10
    pystha and ssinghb like this.
    06-23-14 05:28 PM
    Spot on.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 07:30 PM
    Probably cause they havent produced enough of them to release yet ?
    KDB84 likes this.
    06-23-14 07:34 PM
    Lol they created a whole news OS in less than 2 years...
    That's about delay. It was postponed, not delayed like the bold 9900 production in 2011.

And BlackBerry did not more than showing that the rumors are true. I did not see an official announcement of the devices. Did you? I saw the devices already a month ago in london... so nothing new here. And this event was free to visit by everyone.

And at last BlackBerry needs to get the certifications etc.
    Do you know why the z30 was released in fall 13? Because the paratek antenna design was new to fcc and therefore the certification process took 2 month longer than planned.

I don't care about the whole thing. BlackBerry needs to deliver good devices in time. Nothing more.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 04:31 PM
    It's as if the guy doesn't know why the word "prototype" exists.

Did you know that my Z10's keyboard predicts "prototype" after I type "prot"? Amazing huh? That's because they get it right, not fast.

If you want a classic example of something that is released quickly, ask Bethesda about 11-11-11

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3175
    06-25-14 12:08 AM
    I agree about the software but not the hard ware
    06-25-14 12:24 AM
    Yeah they're real slow with the software releases! 6-7 different os versions in the last year or so...how slow can they be?!

MATVD - Movies, Advertisements, Tv Shows and Documentaries! The Largest Entertainment Channel out there! Join now!
    06-25-14 12:36 AM
    Even on the software they aren't that slow. Much more frequent updates than most.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    06-25-14 12:36 AM
    The problem is not that they are too slow, it's that the company doesn't have enough momentum to sustain interest without giving these sneak peeks and early announcements.

It is a strategic decision to stand up there with prototype hardware that wont be available for months. Palm did it for the same reason and when the hardware was delayed it was deadly. The Touchpad was truly DOA by the time it was shipped.

The fact is that the yearly iPhone refresh sucks the air out of the atmosphere of smartphone announcements for months so companies will do anything to not let their launches get caught up in that PR black hole.

Its not about slow releases - its about premature announcements.
    Uzi likes this.
    06-25-14 12:39 AM
    The problem is not that they are too slow, it's that the company doesn't have enough momentum to sustain interest without giving these sneak peeks and early announcements.

It is a strategic decision to stand up there with prototype hardware that wont be available for months. Palm did it for the same reason and when the hardware was delayed it was deadly. The Touchpad was truly DOA by the time it was shipped.

The fact is that the yearly iPhone refresh sucks the air out of the atmosphere of smartphone announcements for months so companies will do anything to not let their launches get caught up in that PR black hole.

Its not about slow releases - its about premature announcements.
    Do we need to go over this again ? BlackBerry is taking care of a niche market... it doesn't matter what Apple or Samsung is doing. if they profit off hardware that's the win they were looking for. They aren't looking to beat these guys in sales...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    06-25-14 01:11 AM
    I rather have quality phones than have blackberry play out every device
    06-25-14 02:50 AM
    Do we need to go over this again ? BlackBerry is taking care of a niche market... it doesn't matter what Apple or Samsung is doing. if they profit off hardware that's the win they were looking for. They aren't looking to beat these guys in sales...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    Well, I wonder what smartphone these future potential passport owners are using right now they are so immune to the pressure to switch platforms when their contracts are up? Just because Blackberry isn't going to beat the big guys doesn't mean that they don't have competition for them.
    06-25-14 05:07 PM
    And how many phones and software upgrades does Apple release a year?

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 05:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    One of each per year - a few weeks after the announcement. I think the main issue is announcing things months before they are ready.
    06-25-14 05:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. BlackBerry's pace is perfectly fine now. If anything, maybe you could argue they should not announce things like the passport so early. But on the other hand, Chen is trying to get some positive press going so you can't really fault him for that either.
    06-25-14 08:15 PM
    Very true. I feel like once it comes out other companies will already have another amazing innovative product out that'll one up blackberry. Blackberry really needs to be ahead of the game by 6 months and not behind 6 months. Especially since the new iphone, upcoming nexus/android silver and windows 8.1 hardware and software are being released around the same time. But who knows maybe they are already trying to go in that direction

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    06-25-14 11:16 PM
    Very true. I feel like once it comes out other companies will already have another amazing innovative product out that'll one up blackberry. Blackberry really needs to be ahead of the game by 6 months and not behind 6 months. Especially since the new iphone, upcoming nexus/android silver and windows 8.1 hardware and software are being released around the same time. But who knows maybe they are already trying to go in that direction

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Umm, android silver really? It's a joke.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 12:23 PM
    In my humble opinion, i really think that for the dedicated fans/users, they need to be releasing device refreshes/ updates every 12 months...this way you constantly have prospective customers considering BlackBerry as an option (who are with other brands) and those who's contracts expire on a rolling basis...

Maybe they will consider this for the future.

This keeps the technology and the brand 'now' and fresh and up to date...something that was lacking when that slump occurred between BB7 and BlackBerry10.

I really don't think BlackBerry can afford to allow that to ever happen again...they shouldn't rush devices but they need to be constantly working on upping the spec and upping the design...even if it's minor enhancements or design cues...

Posted via Z10, UK based (Good luck Bla1ze as EiC!)
    06-29-14 03:18 AM
    Blackberry always love to be late.. its "Blackberrylate"

Z10 STL100-2 | Official OS ver. 10.2.1.3175
    06-29-14 06:11 AM
26 12