as what i read in the forums about blackberry classic being hated
    here's the real reasons why down the list :

1- the blackberry os is stuck on 10.3.2 and that is a threat to security specially the krack thing

2-the camera quality is bad even potato can have more pixels

3-the blackberry app world it have the last rate compare to google play and app store

4-the audio..anyone who have this device know the quality of it

5-the real meaning of blackberry which is the bbm have issues on the os 10

and that's it....thanks for reading
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    10-22-17 09:36 PM
    1: Nobody using Kraxk gives a damn about BB10 or 90% of people.

2: Steady your hand hand, use HDR, learn some photography techniques and how to use lighting.

3: Yea the appworld sucks.

4: Audio is great, provided your cables and audio files are too. Don't cheap out on dollar store garbage and blame the device.

5: I don't know the real meaning, but BBM works better than any other messenger on BB10. Blend is great also. Your phone is an encrypted USB drive that you can view if you turn on that setting. Smart Tags sinse Bold 9900 has been a great application/feature if you use it otherwise it may just be a waste of space same goes for documents to go.

*Blend might not work if it was set up improperly that is a fault on BlackBerry but it aswell as Links ability for another cloud storage will work.

Posted via CB10
    coffee-turtle likes this.
    10-22-17 11:37 PM
    The real reason BB10 sucks is because its almost 2018 and the platform (which was rushed to completion in order to bring some revenue and help their switch to enterpise software solutions) it is based on is older than BB10 itself. Combined with a collaborative stack of open source software from Apple and Google which as far as I can tell may have just been mad at BlackBerry just made it a headache for anyone looking to pickup and play so to speak. That said their devices still have impressive and ahead of their time capabilities.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-17 11:55 PM
    1. BB10 is actually on 10.3.3 at the moment. BlackBerry hasn't commented on KRACK yet so we can't say for sure what their next move will be.

2. It's not a bad camera by any means, it certainly won't compare to anything on recent devices though.
    10-23-17 12:02 AM
    It's almost the end of 2017. Please update your blame to the present.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-17 05:35 AM
    It's almost the end of 2017. Please update your blame to the present.

Posted via CB10
    at the end it's the blackberry XD
    10-23-17 07:10 AM
    1. BB10 is actually on 10.3.3 at the moment. BlackBerry hasn't commented on KRACK yet so we can't say for sure what their next move will be.

2. It's not a bad camera by any means, it certainly won't compare to anything on recent devices though.
    well of you compare that to samsung or lg you will find out that nokia did it better ...
    10-23-17 07:11 AM
    The real reason BB10 sucks is because its almost 2018 and the platform (which was rushed to completion in order to bring some revenue and help their switch to enterpise software solutions) it is based on is older than BB10 itself. Combined with a collaborative stack of open source software from Apple and Google which as far as I can tell may have just been mad at BlackBerry just made it a headache for anyone looking to pickup and play so to speak. That said their devices still have impressive and ahead of their time capabilities.

Posted via CB10
    right but still product quality not impressive ....
    10-23-17 07:16 AM
    The Classic is a niche device from 2014. It is all about the typing experience and the form factor. People who liked it, liked it a lot.

It wasn't meant for everyone.
    10-23-17 07:24 AM
    right but still product quality not impressive ....
    Doea it really seem that bad to you? Last Samsung I had I remember weak plastic volume buttons and phone encasing. That was around the time Classic came out too.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-17 08:50 AM
    as what i read in the forums about blackberry classic being hated
    here's the real reasons why down the list :

1- the blackberry os is stuck on 10.3.2 and that is a threat to security specially the krack thing

2-the camera quality is bad even potato can have more pixels

3-the blackberry app world it have the last rate compare to google play and app store

4-the audio..anyone who have this device know the quality of it

5-the real meaning of blackberry which is the bbm have issues on the os 10

and that's it....thanks for reading
    Wouldn't it be easier to just get a new device? I mean you're complaining about the almost four year old device that gave your money's worth. You've extracted your every last penny for the device. Put into a drawer and use whatever new device you'd like.
    10-23-17 09:10 AM
    OP, how long you have the classic? when did you buy it? why you buy a 4 year old device? is it second hand device? (or your daddy handed to you?).
    10-23-17 09:44 AM
    I was also just thinking "so what?!"

Yeah, OK, maybe Blackberry didn't get everything just exactly correct on the Classic.

I owned one. If I could have gotten a key piece of software to work on it I'd still likely have one. So, it's not perfect.
    Big deal.

In terms of BB10 - Blackberry tried something, a big gamble, and unfortunately it didn't work out long term.

Suck it up, grow up and move on. That's what BB did!

Try one of the Android phones - the KeyONE even has a similar form factor to the Classic - I know, it's larger - but still a pretty good phone.

Remember, not everything in life is going to be perfect!
    Skidoo583 likes this.
    10-23-17 09:59 AM
    well of you compare that to samsung or lg you will find out that nokia did it better ...
    I don't think anyone expects BlackBerry to challenge those OEM's but the camera on the Classic isn't as bad as you're making it out to be. The Q10 had a similar sensor IIRC and users have taken some great shots with it,

https://www.flickr.com/cameras/blackberry/q10/
    10-23-17 10:08 AM
    Why oh why don't Blackberry follow Nokia and make a retro Bold or Curve model. I own and use a 9900 and dread the time it packs up as in my book the Classic is the only real alternitive but I couldnt live with its supid nano sim tray and fixed battary
    10-24-17 08:18 AM
    Why oh why don't Blackberry follow Nokia and make a retro Bold or Curve model. I own and use a 9900 and dread the time it packs up as in my book the Classic is the only real alternitive but I couldnt live with its supid nano sim tray and fixed battary
    How well are those cheap plastic retro Nokia's dumb phones selling?

You want retro... you can still buy brand new 9900 in a box for much less than BlackBerry could every bring them back. And it's pretty clear that the "market" doesn't want them.....

Sorry but things change....
    10-24-17 08:41 AM
    Is this 2014?

The Classic is as dead as the Bold. This is like an argument comparing a Ford Model A to a Model T. Why does it matter now?
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and glwerry like this.
    10-24-17 09:14 AM
    This whole thread doesn't matter.
    OP just wanted to stir up the silt.
    10-24-17 09:56 AM
    Give me your Classic then if you hate it so much.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-17 04:32 PM
    Nokia is not making phones, they licensed the Nokia name to a company called HMD Global. HMD makes Android phones using the Nokia name. So BlackBerry is doing the same thing as Nokia, they have licensed their name to a company to make Android phones using the BlackBerry name.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-25-17 04:58 PM
    Nokia is not making phones, they licensed the Nokia name to a company called HMD Global. HMD makes Android phones using the Nokia name. So BlackBerry is doing the same thing as Nokia, they have licensed their name to a company to make Android phones using the BlackBerry name.
    Actually unlike BlackBerry which has three licensees making different devices, Nokia only has a single global licensee for devices. HMD Global is also made up of former Nokia devices employees and they seem to be leveraging that lineage well (which I think is what the poster was referring to).

I think it would be great if someone makes an updated Bold or Curve but I'm sure Google's restrictions on aspect ratios could pose problems.
    10-25-17 07:35 PM
    Actually unlike BlackBerry which has three licensees making different devices, Nokia only has a single global licensee for devices. HMD Global is also made up of former Nokia devices employees and they seem to be leveraging that lineage well (which I think is what the poster was referring to).

I think it would be great if someone makes an updated Bold or Curve but I'm sure Google's restrictions on aspect ratios could pose problems.
    Carjackd likes this.
    10-25-17 09:48 PM
    Lol those are nasty black bars. It's like watching a 4:3 format show on a 16:9 monitor. 😀
    10-25-17 10:49 PM
    Lol those are nasty black bars. It's like watching a 4:3 format show on a 16:9 monitor. 😀
    Aggressive bezels.
    10-25-17 11:44 PM
    Can't wait to see Jerry pop that screen out!
    Carjackd likes this.
    10-25-17 11:51 PM
60 123