So. Awesome chatter about the classic. Yep, have one and am using it on WiFi atm. I use a Samsung s8 and also a iphone 7. The Sammy with its dex dock is a real beast business tool. The iphone is a great phone as well.
    I'll use my classic until it won't work. Do I use it daily? No. Time and obsolescence have rendered it an occasional walk down memory lane. I still love to type on it. And no I'm moving on I didn't like the keyone.
    I loved using the classic. It was one of a kind for me. Now I'm a widower I hold on to it as my dear wife use to use this one. Soon it to will pass on as she did. Life changes. It holds her last texts, emails and she left an unfinished letter to me on it.
    Even with all that, her classic will fail soon the battery is about shot. Fitting as its time to move on. It's a bright world out there people, embrace it!

Posted via CB10
    12-06-17 02:30 PM
    I would love to have an updated bold form factor, for me even classic it's to big and heavy

Posted via CB10
    12-07-17 12:44 AM
    The Classic does what I want it to do and the audio quality is better than my iphone 7

Posted via CB10
    12-10-17 01:37 AM
    Hands off the Classic!!! The best BB10 device, and one of the best devices ever made... FOR ME. And for a couple hundred thousands guys like me. A wonderful niche product. Please, feel free to buy a new Samsung or Apple flagman, and stop whining.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-17 04:00 AM
    Why is this so popular among people to come to a forum where lovers and fans of some product or brand gathered, and to start writing posts like the OP? Samsung fans mock apple users on apple fans forums, apple fans mock android users on forums dedicated to Android. Is it so funny, huh? I hate Android, new Mercedes cars, and movies about Marvel superheroes. But I didn't even try to go and bother people who like that stuff with my hate.

Posted via CB10
    falbo likes this.
    12-10-17 04:14 AM
    Well, I have the Priv and the KEYone for insurance. Carry the KEYone everywhere, just never seem to bother using it except for Signal. Maybe you can tell me what else I can do with it that's better than my BB10 phones.

I'm fine that BlackBerry has moved on. I don't expect anything more from them. I'm grateful they supported my devices as long as they did, considering their financial performance. They've exceeded my expectations.

And I will happily switch to Android full time as soon as it's advantageous for me to do so. I don't find Android difficult or confusing. It's just needlessly convoluted and unpleasant because it delegates so many important functions to third party apps that in my opinion should be controlled by the OS, such as file management and custom alert profiles.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    The Signal APK can be downloaded directly from their website, it runs on any device with an Android runtime equivalent to 4.0 or newer, including BB10. The current version no longer places a hard requirement on Google Play Services. It uses Google Services when they are available, but will fall back to an alternative mode of operation when not available.

I just tested text messaging and it works. Haven't tried any of the more advanced features.
    12-13-17 06:52 AM
    It works in such a way that when Google Services on board, everything is fine, but when not - the app stops being headless, and cannot be closed - for delivering new messages. It's so much frustrating, that I have removed it after 3 mins of using.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-17 10:00 AM
    It works in such a way that when Google Services on board, everything is fine, but when not - the app stops being headless, and cannot be closed - for delivering new messages. It's so much frustrating, that I have removed it after 3 mins of using.

Posted via CB10
    I see. So I will not be notified about new messages being sent to me unless I actually have the app open (either fullscreen or minimized)? Sign me up!!!
    12-13-17 10:25 AM
    I see. So I will not be notified about new messages being sent to me unless I actually have the app open (either fullscreen or minimized)? Sign me up!!!
    Lol, nope! It WOULD NOT CLOSE!!!
    12-13-17 10:31 AM
    I loved using the classic. It was one of a kind for me. Now I'm a widower I hold on to it as my dear wife use to use this one. Soon it to will pass on as she did. Life changes. It holds her last texts, emails and she left an unfinished letter to me on it.

Posted via CB10
    My condolences for your loss - I've watched my Dad bury TWO wives, so I have some small idea of how you might feel.
    How cool is it that you have this Classic as an electronic touch-stone.
    My Dad is a retired Pastor and he gave me the Bible that was given to him when he was formally ordained as a Pastor - very cool stuff to have that sort of connection - even though my Dad is still alive, it's just a very special thing.

Obviously, you need to get those texts / letter peeled off and saved onto something more permanent!
    12-13-17 11:05 AM
60 123