My wife and I recently had to RMA her classic through AT&T. The first RMA was a dud. Long story short it was boxed up and dropped at the post office counter (handed to a worker behind the counter) without having a chance to wipe the backup restore that had been done on it. We checked the tracking number provided by AT&T 's pre printed return label and 5 days since it was dropped at the post office, there is still no record of it having been shipped. I am more worried about the data on the phone than the cost we may incur for 'not returning ' the phone. There was no 'lock screen' password on the phone. Attempted BlackBerry Protect 'report stolen' but it says it cannot connect to the device but will initiate the action once it is connected . But here's the kicker: Status on the device under BlackBerry Protect (under the image of the phone, along with an icon of a hand with a red circle/slash says 'connected' in pretty green letters just above the words 'Model'. So what does this mean? There is no sim card or micro SD in the device. Most importantly, what info could be accessed on the phone if someone did decide to fuss with it? Sorry for the long post. Cheers.

Passport powah!
    05-27-16 01:09 AM
    I doubt someone stole it, more like lost it. When it comes to the US Post Office, if you're undecided between incompetence and something else, always go with incompetence. A LOT of the mail I receive have "wrong address" written on it, sometimes they try to scribble it out before delivering it, but it shows it went somewhere else before it got to me. I receive mail with other addresses all of the time as well. Over a 2 month period they have lost 3 of my packages before, and packages being delivered by the USPS regularly goes missing. I don't think someone is taking it from my doorstep because every package delivered by UPS or Fed-Ex never go missing. So unless there's a thief in my neighborhood that only like packages delivered by the USPS, I'm fairly certain they are losing my packages by delivering them to the wrong address. Also, many times I would be home when they say it's been delivered, and I look outside and there's nothing there and I never heard a knock. I've reordered my vehicle registration twice, and neither of them arrived. The guy probably took the package, dropped it in some random bin by accident and never scanned it and it'll probably never get to where it is supposed to go. Government efficiency.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-27-16 08:01 AM
    I doubt someone stole it, more like lost it. When it comes to the US Post Office, if you're undecided between incompetence and something else, always go with incompetence. A LOT of the mail I receive have "wrong address" written on it, sometimes they try to scribble it out before delivering it, but it shows it went somewhere else before it got to me. I receive mail with other addresses all of the time as well. Over a 2 month period they have lost 3 of my packages before, and packages being delivered by the USPS regularly goes missing. I don't think someone is taking it from my doorstep because every package delivered by UPS or Fed-Ex never go missing. So unless there's a thief in my neighborhood that only like packages delivered by the USPS, I'm fairly certain they are losing my packages by delivering them to the wrong address. Also, many times I would be home when they say it's been delivered, and I look outside and there's nothing there and I never heard a knock. I've reordered my vehicle registration twice, and neither of them arrived. The guy probably took the package, dropped it in some random bin by accident and never scanned it and it'll probably never get to where it is supposed to go. Government efficiency.

Hahah this sounds an awful lot like Canada Post as well.
    If possible, I go out of my way to use a different service. Even if the cost is greater.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-16 10:14 AM
    Hahah this sounds an awful lot like Canada Post as well.
    If possible, I go out of my way to use a different service. Even if the cost is greater.

Posted via CB10
    Yep, me too. I try to not ship anything important using the post office...

05-27-16 11:13 AM
    All mail establishments have cameras as well as electronic registers that keep tabs on transactions. I would contact the post office, give then the time and date you were there and ask them to pull the footage and sync it with the register transactions cached at the time. From this point on it establishes fault and puts the package in their hands to start. This may be all they need to catch a shady employee or locate a lost or misplaced package... I'd also contact the destination the package was headed to and see if they ended up actually receiving it sometimes the package goes untracked, but actually gets around after all...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-29-16 05:20 AM
    All mail establishments have cameras as well as electronic registers that keep tabs on transactions. I would contact the post office, give then the time and date you were there and ask them to pull the footage and sync it with the register transactions cached at the time. From this point on it establishes fault and puts the package in their hands to start. This may be all they need to catch a shady employee or locate a lost or misplaced package... I'd also contact the destination the package was headed to and see if they ended up actually receiving it sometimes the package goes untracked, but actually gets around after all...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    The funny thing is, I don't know about OP's specific situation, but when I tried to call the USPS about the packages that were marked "delivered" but I never received them, it was one of those automated systems. And nothing you pressed, 0 or anything, will lead you to a live person. It keeps saying that in order to direct you to the right person, you need to enter a tracking number. So I enter the tracking number. Then it just leads to a message saying "That item has been delivered and no further assistance is available." And it hangs up on you... Really? If I indeed received the package would I be calling??? *smfh*

05-29-16 12:11 PM