Trying to set up and transfer to a Classic from Bold. Running into block of using my BB ID due to Blackberry Protect. How do I get through or around this
    12-31-20 12:21 PM
    Trying to set up and transfer to a Classic from Bold. Running into block of using my BB ID due to Blackberry Protect. How do I get through or around this
    You will need the ID and password from the previous owner so you can turn protect off before you wipe the device and set it up with your own BBID.

This is a security feature to prevent device theft.

Some people say they have had success removing the ID using third party software (at a cost for the software which may be more than the phone is worth) but I cannot confirm if this works, do a search in the forums for removing BBID.

Alternatively if you can return the phone and get your money back this may be a better option.
    01-01-21 04:40 AM
    So did you get AT&T to active it?
    01-05-21 08:30 AM
    So did you get AT&T to active it?
    Not sure they’ll be able to do that if they can’t get past BlackBerry protect.
    01-05-21 08:59 AM