I recently switched from the BB Bold running OS 7 to the new Classic running OS 10. I needed to switch as my prior phone was running into memory issues. I feel like I have taken many steps backward!! I have never had issues with any BB prior to OS 10 / Classic. I use this device for business - it is not a toy. I could go on and on here with issues....

The most major is that the touch screen has its on mind. If I don't remember to lock it, as I did not today (it locks after 5 mins), it dials, or sends emails. Today, while walking from car with phone in jacket pocket, it managed to forward a very sensitive email, on its own to random email address not even in my address book. I have been using Blackberry for 10 years and have never had the problems with this GD phone and OS. Help! How can I ensure that a sensitive email (or any email for that matter) doesn't end up in the wrong hands just because I walked from my car to a restaurant? Seriously Blackberry....what the hell are you doing?!?
    01-31-16 04:51 PM
    Never had anything similar happen.

Why not try:
    A) factory reset - might have a glitch
    Or
    B) in Display - turn off swipe to wake - that way when you are done using it, press the top power to turn off the screen. Then when you want to use it press power again - stops the screen from accidental swipes

Posted via CB10
    ssirica likes this.
    01-31-16 05:45 PM
    Shorten your lock time? Or lock your phone?

Posted with my Blackberry Classic SQC100-1/10.3.2.2639
    02-01-16 06:20 AM
    You're not used to a touch screen. Turn it "off" (standby) with the power button or do what my wife did, buy a sleeve or folio case with a magnet that automatically puts it standby.
    02-01-16 10:09 AM
    Welcome to the forum. . Also, welcome to the world of hypersensitive capacitive touch. Did your previous Bold have touch? Our 9900 Bolds do and my "smart guys" managed to modify a lock app to disable touch hmi on our 9900s. No such luck with BB10... Yet. .

Unfortunately, you and I are a market minority and touch is the current crazy fad. Anything newer than a 9650 will likely include hypersensitive capacitive touch "feature". Best advice has already been given... I disable swipe to unlock, set time to lock at 60 seconds and use a magnet switch holster. Develop habit of pressing the pretty handy "lock button" and that's about as good as it gets with "modern" phones.
    02-01-16 10:55 AM
    I did had that problem at first with the Z30 trying to carry it around with the leather pouch, until I got the flip case. But never with Q10 or classic.

But I also think, like its been said before, that since the 9900 one got into the habit to reach up to the lock button before putting the phone down. But if too far up, you can also just long press "x".

Saludos.
    02-01-16 11:13 AM
    Thank you everyone for your ideas. At least I know I'm not the only person out there with these issues!
    02-01-16 07:50 PM
    I recently switched from the BB Bold running OS 7 to the new Classic running OS 10. I needed to switch as my prior phone was running into memory issues. I feel like I have taken many steps backward!! I have never had issues with any BB prior to OS 10 / Classic. I use this device for business - it is not a toy. I could go on and on here with issues....

The most major is that the touch screen has its on mind. If I don't remember to lock it, as I did not today (it locks after 5 mins), it dials, or sends emails. Today, while walking from car with phone in jacket pocket, it managed to forward a very sensitive email, on its own to random email address not even in my address book. I have been using Blackberry for 10 years and have never had the problems with this GD phone and OS. Help! How can I ensure that a sensitive email (or any email for that matter) doesn't end up in the wrong hands just because I walked from my car to a restaurant? Seriously Blackberry....what the hell are you doing?!?
    You can either disable the swipe to unlock feature or place the phone in your pocket with the screen NOT facing you thighs.
    02-01-16 09:08 PM
    In display - turn off swipe to wake - that way when you are done using it, press the top power to turn off the screen. Then when you want to use it press power again - stops the screen from accidental swipes
    A very easy fix! Nothing wrong with phone.

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.858
    02-01-16 09:31 PM