My Blackberry Maps app on my Blackberry Classic has lost functionality since the DHS GPS rollover on November 3, 2019. I contacted Verizon Wireless today was advised that they have no plans or the capability to patch the issue on the BB Classic (which they still support).

I then contacted Blackberry technical support at 877-255-2377. I spoke with tech support (the normal $35 service charge waived) and advised them that all users of their Blackberry 10 devices were experiencing GPS issues affecting Blackberry Maps App after the rollover. The technician was not aware of this issue and said he would escalate it up the tech support chain. He stated that a determination would be made on how best to address this issue.

I am not particularly optimistic that a solution will be forthcoming but thought I would pass this along to the community.
    12-05-19 07:46 AM
    i am guessing that its something specific to your device/carrier/etc since this is the first time I have heard of GPS problems with BB10.
    12-05-19 08:41 AM
    My Blackberry Maps app on my Blackberry Classic has lost functionality since the DHS GPS rollover on November 3, 2019. I contacted Verizon Wireless today was advised that they have no plans or the capability to patch the issue on the BB Classic (which they still support).

I then contacted Blackberry technical support at 877-255-2377. I spoke with tech support (the normal $35 service charge waived) and advised them that all users of their Blackberry 10 devices were experiencing GPS issues affecting Blackberry Maps App after the rollover. The technician was not aware of this issue and said he would escalate it up the tech support chain. He stated that a determination would be made on how best to address this issue.

I am not particularly optimistic that a solution will be forthcoming but thought I would pass this along to the community.
    It seems that 90% of the complaints regarding this issue are coming from Verizon customers.

I'm on Telus in Canada, and seem to have no issues. Although, it's inevitable that it will become widespread.
    12-05-19 08:45 AM
    The GPS rollover was conducted by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. I suspect that might not have impacted Canada but not sure.

Today I submitted an FCC complaint (was previously called a ticket) alleging that the major U.S. carriers were not timely nor consistent with their customer advisories pertaining to the GPS rollover. In my particular instance with Verizon, I discovered the issue only when my Maps App stopped functioning and was never notified of this potential issue in advance. I also thought it inappropriate for the major carriers to include a thinly cloaked advertising missive in their consumer messages indicating that the only solution was a device upgrade (likely not true in many instances).
    12-05-19 10:40 AM
    The GPS rollover was conducted by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. I suspect that might not have impacted Canada but not sure.

Today I submitted an FCC complaint (was previously called a ticket) alleging that the major U.S. carriers were not timely nor consistent with their customer advisories pertaining to the GPS rollover. In my particular instance with Verizon, I discovered the issue only when my Maps App stopped functioning and was never notified of this potential issue in advance. I also thought it inappropriate for the major carriers to include a thinly cloaked advertising missive in their consumer messages indicating that the only solution was a device upgrade (likely not true in many instances).
    Interestingly, I have yet to see an AT&T or TMO customer report the problem.
    12-05-19 12:13 PM
    DHS GPS rollover does effected curacy slightly, as I am able some times push Bmaps work. I have other applications on my phone, but son far Bmaps performs better. Have 2015 back up of my phone, just does not let me to reinstall. Anyone has an experience of reinstalling Bmaps on Q10 only?
    01-15-20 05:31 AM