Since the news of the Blackberry Classic release, i've have been bragging left and right how blackberry is back and even got my sister and father to entertain the idea of trying one out. I even contacted some of my old BBM contacts, and made sure they had heard the news. While yes, the majority of the responses from family and friends were negative and filled with ridicule , i continued to believe in the company and the phone.

Come Christmas day, as a gift to myself, i decided i was going purchase the blackberry from Shopblackberry.(only place i can purchase) I was so excited that it made my girlfriend excited for me to purchase the phone. After receiving technical issues from the website, i called the customer support. After 1-1.5 hours on the phone, the customer service rep had given up and notified me they'd work on it and get back to me in 1-2 business days.

3 business days later, after no word from shopblackberry . i sent a email to their customer support asking for a update. i received several emails that literally instructed me to do the same thing that i had been doing. So i sent a screen shot of the error screen. The next day a customer rep calls me doing my working hours and has me repeat the very same steps that the previous rep had me do again to NO success. After 30 mins, the rep gave up and told me that they'd get back to me in 3-4 business days.

Today is the 5th business day and have yet to hear anything from blackberry. Tomorrow would make 3 weeks since i originally tried to order my blackberry. Since then i've been asked multiple times from friends and family where's my blackberry or whats the update and have shared this story. After countless "i told you so"'s , "your wasting your money", "they are a waste of time" i am finally done promoting blackberry.

While i am still willing to try the Classic out and use it as a phone and may even love it(if i ever get it), i can not consciously promote a company who's customer service can't even provide the simplest of professional courtesies. Blackberry is at the bottom of the ladder when it comes to smart phones. You'd think they make a conscious effort to at least be on par with the customer services of other phone developers. While i will admit this comes from a place of "**** hurt". Fact is that i have never had this problem with Samsung or apple or had to wait this long.

BTW sister and father , both business professionals saw my situation and decided to go with iphone 6's. Good Job shopblackberry.
    01-06-15 07:11 PM
    Like that's the only place to order one. Have you tried Amazon? Apparently shopblackberry uses a company called digitalriver to handle their handset sales, and they are terrible. A quick look for reviews would tell you that. I ordered the Classic on Amazon few days before launch and it shipped the day before launch. And if there are any issues they will email me a return shipping label no questions asked...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-06-15 07:41 PM
    @Op. Hang in there. I know and understand your frustration, but, BlackBerry has a contract with various companies to handle distribution. This company just happens to suck....according to you and others.
    01-06-15 07:51 PM
    When the manufacturer uses a vendor whom you claim has such a horrid online track record, don't blame the customer. Someone is asleep at the wheel when it comes to customers, sales, and support.

I really grind my teeth when I read postings that blame the customer, when clearly this is a service and execution issue.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 07:51 PM
    Sorry to see your frustration.
    I cancelled my pre-order to shopBB as soon as I realised that they couldn't give me a shipping date. Ordered from Amazon and got it in a couple of days.
    Just switch to Amazon. I think the have stock once again.
    01-06-15 07:52 PM
    Like that's the only place to order one. Have you tried Amazon? Apparently shopblackberry uses a company called digitalriver to handle their handset sales, and they are terrible. A quick look for reviews would tell you that. I ordered the Classic on Amazon few days before launch and it shipped the day before launch. And if there are any issues they will email me a return shipping label no questions asked...

Amazon won't ship to Guam. believe me i've tried. Also as the consumer its the phone developers fault for crap service despite it being subcontracted. Blackberry hired that company, and its blackberrys fault for not vetting properly
    01-06-15 08:01 PM
    I found the Blackberry Store was fine to deal with, but I think when there is any glitch you have to persist and do it on the phone with a rep. I had one little glitch trying to do things online and one phone call straightened it out.
    01-06-15 08:01 PM
    Every time I read these post I cringe because there should be a system in place so things like this should not happen. The bottom line is that BlackBerry is the one responsible for the folks who are selling and servicing their products and this should be the number one priority up their in those corporate offices in Waterloo.

Sent from my lovely Classic on T Mobile USA
    blkbrd671 and BerryRipe like this.
    01-06-15 08:03 PM
    Sorry to see your frustration.
    I cancelled my pre-order to shopBB as soon as I realised that they couldn't give me a shipping date. Ordered from Amazon and got it in a couple of days.
    Just switch to Amazon. I think the have stock once again.
    I am going to try to talk to their customer service about shipping to guam , i'd hope they are better
    01-06-15 08:03 PM
    Yep amazon and it is cheaper by a few bucks

Posted via CB10
    blkbrd671 likes this.
    01-06-15 08:05 PM
    Well sir, your problem is with the sales vendor, BlackBerry themselves have not failed you as of yet, please don't generalize. I have read many times right here in this forum that shop blackberry / digital river had a mediocre record of order fulfillment, therefore the buyer beware flag had been given. Many people have made their purchases through Amazon with little to no problems, I know this first hand because I have bought (2) Z30's from them. No failure, and my phones are great, running leak .1949
    01-06-15 08:17 PM
    When the manufacturer uses a vendor whom you claim has such a horrid online track record, don't blame the customer. Someone is asleep at the wheel when it comes to customers, sales, and support.

I really grind my teeth when I read postings that blame the customer, when clearly this is a service and execution issue.

Posted via CB10
    They definitely need to change the company they use. But something tells me it's a lot harder than just checking a different check box. Hopefully soon they find a company that will work well, or just try to sell direct. Either way, I buy everything through Amazon because I know there's nothing to worry about when I do...

01-06-15 08:24 PM
    Well sir, your problem is with the sales vendor, BlackBerry themselves have not failed you as of yet, please don't generalize. I have read many times right here in this forum that shop blackberry / digital river had a mediocre record of order fulfillment, therefore the buyer beware flag had been given. Many people have made their purchases through Amazon with little to no problems, I know this first hand because I have bought (2) Z30's from them. No failure, and my phones are great, running leak .1949
    BlackBerry needs to shore up their "face" of direct to customer device sales. Blame the customer for not scraping forums, because who'd assume buying from a 3rd party by brand and association would be a better choice???

I'm at a loss for further words....

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 08:25 PM
    Amazon won't ship to Guam. believe me i've tried. Also as the consumer its the phone developers fault for crap service despite it being subcontracted. Blackberry hired that company, and its blackberrys fault for not vetting properly
    Well, not making any excuses for them. I do think they need to do something about it. But at the same time, we have a responsibility to be smart consumers. And if Amazon doesn't ship to where you are, then obviously that eliminates that option, but I'm kind of surprised if it is the case that shopblackberry actually has more options than Amazon...

01-06-15 08:28 PM
    As i stated earlier, Amazon refuses to ship to Guam for the classic. This is the only option available to me. As another poster suggested i will try talking directly to Amazon.

Also that argument is horrible business practice. Its Blackberry's job to get the unit in the hands of its consumers, not point the finer at a company THEY hired to distribute it. Its that way of thinking that will keep blackberry from growth. I blame blackberry for their lack of research in contracting out their sales vendors. Its actually quite worry some since this phone is suppose to bring back blackberry users.
    01-06-15 08:34 PM
    Well, not making any excuses for them. I do think they need to do something about it. But at the same time, we have a responsibility to be smart consumers. And if Amazon doesn't ship to where you are, then obviously that eliminates that option, but I'm kind of surprised if it is the case that shopblackberry actually has more options than Amazon...

i am totally shooting in the dark, but i think it has to do with the amount of returns or lack of ability to track their items up to their standard. There are other things that i can ship to Guam from them. whats even more suprising, besides a email to the same company, i can not contact blkbrry to give them a rating of their customer service for this purchase or inability to purchase
    01-06-15 08:37 PM
    why would anybody buy a phone called the classic. The name says it all...Classic fail. Cant bring the future back without better specs
    01-06-15 08:52 PM
    why would anybody buy a phone called the classic. The name says it all...Classic fail. Cant bring the future back without better specs
    I told you before to go back in your thread..to me pp is piece of....

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 08:58 PM
    Unsure why it surprises people that BB is failing consumers.... As we in the consumer market are on our own so to speak ... does not come as a great surprise.... In the developed markets... any consumer sales are gravy to BB... as they expect most revenue to come from Enterprise which is their targeted market... why should they care.... with Apple and Sammy in a virtual monopoly situation why would they make the same mistakes of the former regime.... pouring good money after bad... it has nothing to do with whether the product is excellent ( it is ).... it is simple survival... as for Digital River... as BB probably signed a contract with them.. they may be stuck till the end of the contract which then leaves them to find a new vendor.,.., with BB consumer track record... could be a tall order....
    blkbrd671 likes this.
    01-06-15 09:00 PM
    I don't think I have heard a good thing yet about Shop BlackBerry...

Posted via CB10
    blkbrd671 and BerryRipe like this.
    01-06-15 10:22 PM
    BlackBerry may publicly say they are targeting Enterprise but every time I go to shop BlackBerry I get a banner constantly popping up asking me an individual to buy something. If I have to constantly scrap through fan sites to find out about poor service experiences when buying any product that would be laughable. The whole buyer beware sentiment that some have is equally laughable. I agree as a consumer we should educate ourselves. There comes a point where the seller should make doing business with them easy to the point where people rave about your service levels. A world-class organization will hold anyone highly accountable who touches their products and customers. Your name and brand are the most valuable things you own as a business. As to fansites for a potential BlackBerry consumer go to I believe there is only one (crackberry) that is fully functional. I checked the link on crackberry that suggests other BlackBerry blogs or sites to go to. Most are no longer active websites and others had the most recent update as far back as 2011!! As for me I have bought 2 phones from shop BlackBerry and returned one with no issues. Shipping on the other was questionable as it was handed off from fed ex to usps and then sat 3 days about 50 miles from my house.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 11:16 PM
    Hey OP, have you tried freight forwarding services like Shipito? Amazon doesnt ship to my country as well, but i have been using Shipito for 2 years now to get stuff, so far no complaints. I see your complaint is directly at shopbb and not directly at BB, so hopefully other services would be better like amazon ( Amazon is awesome )
    01-06-15 11:23 PM
    Hey OP, have you tried freight forwarding services like Shipito? Amazon doesnt ship to my country as well, but i have been using Shipito for 2 years now to get stuff, so far no complaints. I see your complaint is directly at shopbb and not directly at BB, so hopefully other services would be better like amazon ( Amazon is awesome )
    I don't think the OP is looking for help. Just another rant against shopblackberry.com.

Anyone have issues with shopblackberry.com? - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    01-06-15 11:32 PM