Can anyone tell me when will the new blackberry classics available ?
    Thank U

Ace Marsan
    10-17-14 01:33 PM
    Release set for November.
    10-17-14 01:51 PM
    Is there any information for white classic release date ?

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 02:23 PM
    Thank you

Ace Marsan
    10-17-14 02:34 PM
    Just a minute and I'll pull it out .. Yep November.
    10-17-14 03:19 PM
    Multiple sources online are saying that the November / December release date is off...
    ...Claiming a 1st quarter release in 2015.
    ....It would be nice if it's next month but I doubt it.

At this point I would think it would be wise if Blackberry started to UNDER estimate when it's going to release a product it's been hyping - if they intended on releasing the Classic in November of this year they should have said instead that they planned to release it in March or April of 2015. That way they might stand the chance of having an early release and generate some positive PR.
    Last edited by pythons; 10-17-14 at 03:40 PM.
    kolok likes this.
    10-17-14 03:30 PM
    Yes. Blackberry has yet to master the "under promise, over deliver" method that Nordstrom uses. I would bet the farm that January is a longshot for the release.
    10-17-14 08:33 PM
    Ooh, a Nordstrom-branded BlackBerry! Hmmmm....
    10-17-14 08:59 PM
    The Classic will be available for purchase in late Feb or March of 2015 is what I'm guessing. We know now its definitely NOT "on track" for a November 2014 release. But in all fairness I think everyone knew that when November was promulgated as being 'the month'.
    10-18-14 05:47 AM
    So why have app developers been given until 28 October (2014!) to say if they want to be included in the Classic and 10.3.1?

Posted via CB10
    Patrick Pierobon likes this.
    10-18-14 06:44 AM
    Classic will be released in November to the same locations the passport was released. Next year will be in the U.S due to carrier testing.
    10-18-14 06:56 AM
    Multiple sources online are saying that the November / December release date is off...
    ...Claiming a 1st quarter release in 2015.
    ....It would be nice if it's next month but I doubt it.

At this point I would think it would be wise if Blackberry started to UNDER estimate when it's going to release a product it's been hyping - if they intended on releasing the Classic in November of this year they should have said instead that they planned to release it in March or April of 2015. That way they might stand the chance of having an early release and generate some positive PR.
    John Chen said himself it would be this year. So if my sources are between The CEO and a website. I'm probably going to believe the guy running the show.

Python is full of sticks!

Where did you see that production has been delayed? I think the fact that everyone is starting to get their hands on the device debunks that theory.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-18-14 09:06 AM
    John Chen said himself it would be this year. So if my sources are between The CEO and a website. I'm probably going to believe the guy running the show.

Where did you see that production has been delayed? I think the fact that everyone is starting to get their hands on the device debunks that theory.

Posted via CB10
    Heins said multiple times that the Z10 would be released on a certain date and it wasn't. So I don't necessarily put 100% reliance on what someone says just because they are CEO.

Your second argument, on the other hand, has merit I think. I think the fact that there are so many leaks getting out there is suggestive that it's coming sooner rather than later.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    10-18-14 11:45 AM
    Heins said multiple times that the Z10 would be released on a certain date and it wasn't. So I don't necessarily put 100% reliance on what someone says just because they are CEO.
    I get what you're saying and your stance but I think it's safe to say that Chen has a better track record for performance than Heins, in the role of being a CEO. That said, Chen has pretty much followed through on everything that's been laid out since his tenure at BlackBerry. He did say "before the end of the year" and I think he also did say something about November. So my guess is the 3rd week of November.
    10-18-14 12:07 PM
    every other brand get out their phones so quickly it seems, why does it take Blackberry so long to get things done, the Classic is supposed to be their "money maker" device? Does anyone know for CERTAIN if Verizon will offer it?
    10-18-14 02:22 PM
    The Classic will be available for purchase in late Feb or March of 2015 is what I'm guessing. We know now its definitely NOT "on track" for a November 2014 release. But in all fairness I think everyone knew that when November was promulgated as being 'the month'.
    If that were remotely true they would of given more time for app devs to prepare for classic.... it's on track for November.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 02:26 PM
    I would say that we will see the Classic being release this year for Verizon, given that the Bold 9930 is on Verizon's pending end of life list. I wonder could we see the release of the Classic in time for black Friday.
    10-18-14 03:00 PM
    BlackBerry can't bring up Passport as per orders how they can launch Classic in November?

Posted via CB10
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    10-18-14 03:19 PM
    every other brand get out their phones so quickly it seems, why does it take Blackberry so long to get things done, the Classic is supposed to be their "money maker" device? Does anyone know for CERTAIN if Verizon will offer it?
    Because every other brand just slaps together a slab of plastic to a slab of glass and calls it a new phone...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-18-14 04:13 PM
    BlackBerry can't bring up Passport as per orders how they can launch Classic in November?

Posted via CB10
    If anything we will see the same thing again with the Classic. BlackBerry can't afford to sit on inventory, they would rather underestimate than over.
    10-18-14 04:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry Classic Release Looks Delayed Until 2015 | TechnoBuffalo

New Blackberry Q20 Update: Blackberry Classic Release Date Shifts to Early 2015, Specs, Features and Price of BlackBerry Q20 : Trending : Hallels

BlackBerry thinks these two phones can win you back from iOS and Android | BGR

I seriously doubt the device will be released "next month" OR the "month after"...
    ...It will be in early 2015 - accept it & learn from history.
    10-19-14 02:55 AM
  22. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Classic... launch in November with early December availability at the latest...

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 03:17 AM

Your second argument, on the other hand, has merit I think. I think the fact that there are so many leaks getting out there is suggestive that it's coming sooner rather than later.

Heins != Chen.

Heins was an arsclown. Chen is the real deal.
    10-19-14 09:24 AM
    Heins != Chen.

Heins was an arsclown. Chen is the real deal.
    Heins was the "arsclown" that had the vision to start bringing BlackBerry into the 21st century. He brought out BB10 and BlackBerry's first all touch devices, the Z10 and Z30 which so many people here claim to be the best phones currently on the market.

So maybe he wasn't such a huge "arsclown".

10-19-14 12:42 PM
    Yes. Blackberry has yet to master the "under promise, over deliver" method that Nordstrom uses. I would bet the farm that January is a longshot for the release.
    Exactly. Typical.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 12:51 PM
60 123