I have a Blackberry Classic (latest software available) and a Samsung GT-E1200Y. The Samsung phone shows full bars in places where the Blackberry Classic doesn't have a signal (in emergency calls mode only). I tried placing the two phones next to each other and classic just can't get any signal. Classic's signal is fine when I go outside the house, but what really bothers is I can't get signal inside the house. Anyone had the same problem? What did you do?

One of the reasons I bought this phone is because I believed the reception would be awesome.

PS: First BB user here.
    09-10-15 08:31 PM
    Which signal is weak? Voice, Data or both?

If it's Data, id suggest it's cause your Samsung and BlackBerry run on different network spectrum. By default the BlackBerry will try to leverage the faster network but will fall back to the lessor if the connection is poor. I'm guessing the signal is strong enough but not low enough at times to fall back.

Go to settings
    Mobile network
    Network technology and choose a lower level . I'm thinking HSPA+ /UTMS/GSM or lower

Test it for a day or two and see if things improve

Hope that helps
    09-10-15 10:32 PM
    Thanks Martin! I always set it to 2g only (sometimes 3G and 4G when I'm trying to get a signal) and data services is off all the time. So at 2g (where I get both edge and gsm signal outside), Samsung always get a bar anywhere in the house wherein Classic can only get a signal at the window.

If it's Data, id suggest it's cause your Samsung and BlackBerry run on different network spectrum. By default the BlackBerry will try to leverage the faster network but will fall back to the lessor if the connection is poor. I'm guessing the signal is strong enough but not low enough at times to fall back.

Go to settings
    Mobile network
    Network technology and choose a lower level . I'm thinking HSPA+ /UTMS/GSM or lower

Hope that helps
    09-11-15 12:39 AM
    I have the same problem. My classic has a very poor network reception.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 12:11 PM
    Same here, our work phones are all blackberry, a mixture of z10 and leap and I have the classic but I get lots of dropouts in our office, which has poor reception anyway but mine is worse than the other phones, and someone has a personal iPhone 5 on the same network and their phone signal is ok.
    09-13-15 03:46 AM
    I'd return the device. Simple.

J Be....Here But Gone...
    09-13-15 04:05 AM
    Wow if this is true, it sucks.

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    09-13-15 04:15 AM
    I don't put a case on mine and it has the metal frame, maybe it's like the iPhone 4 where you had to have a bumper case on it for the antenna to work correctly?
    09-13-15 04:36 AM
    No problems with my Classic ... inside and outside I have more reception than other phones.

Quot homines, tot sententiae!
    09-13-15 04:43 AM
    Might get mine sent back for a replacement then.
    09-13-15 04:52 AM
    Might get mine sent back for a replacement then.
    Yikes! Let me know how it goes for you! I might mine back too.
    09-13-15 05:59 AM
    I don't put a case on mine and it has the metal frame, maybe it's like the iPhone 4 where you had to have a bumper case on it for the antenna to work correctly?
    Mine has the Otterbox case. But with or without it, it's just the same.

PS: The Otterbox case is wonderful! I was worried I'll regret encasing this sleek device but it was worth it.. I'm quite clumsy, so it's a must for me.
    09-13-15 06:01 AM
    Anybody else experiencing this?
    09-28-15 08:09 PM
    Anybody else experiencing this?
    There's a spot along my road that I used to drop calls on whenever I was on a call with my Bold 9930 (verizon). After getting the Z10 and using for a year and then getting the Z30 I never experienced it again. Now that I'm using the classic (just bought 2 days ago) I'm losing service at that spot along road again. I'm actually debating on switching back to my Z30.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 05:09 AM
    There's a spot along my road that I used to drop calls on whenever I was on a call with my Bold 9930 (verizon). After getting the Z10 and using for a year and then getting the Z30 I never experienced it again. Now that I'm using the classic (just bought 2 days ago) I'm losing service at that spot along road again. I'm actually debating on switching back to my Z30.

Posted via CB10
    Geez. So probably weaker signal on Classic than previous devices? Such as good phone to go to waste.
    10-03-15 02:37 AM
    I get weak signal in my office too...have to stand next to the window when making calls.

Went to the a hotel bar the other day, and (as sometimes) inside I had no signal....my friends could show me youtube videos on their Iphones.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 04:26 AM
    Exactly the same here! I have recently updated OS so I guess we're pretty sure it's not OS related. How long do you have the phone? I'm so close to returning this.
    10-03-15 04:32 AM
    Something I did today trying to solve this issue: Tried my sim on other devices (non blackberry), all works well with a stable reception. I haven't tried inserting another sim to Classic (can't find a nano-sim around the house).

Question: If I insert a new sim, what will happen?
    10-03-15 07:03 AM
    Geez. So probably weaker signal on Classic than previous devices? Such as good phone to go to waste.
    Yeah I'm guessing it's the design of phone causing it

"Once you go Black you'll never go back"
    10-05-15 06:12 PM

Go to settings
    Mobile network

Hope that helps
    Why do I not have network technology on my unlocked Classic with AT&T SIM?

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 06:49 PM

Go to settings
    Mobile network

Hope that helps
    Thank You! I set mine to 4G LTE & 4G/3G and now my bars are going up to 4/5 now.
    Attached Thumbnails Blackberry Classic weak signal-img_20170506_142129.png  
    05-06-17 02:16 PM
    Sweet! While the bandwidth is slower, you'll likely barely notice a difference
    05-06-17 02:32 PM