Hi guys,
    I rode my motorcycle home in the rain, assuming that my jacket pocket was water proof. I had to find out the hard way that upon reaching my home, my BB classic was really wet and I couldn't turn on the screen. My logical first reaction was to try and on the device, instead of putting it in rice.
    Anyway, I let it soak in rice for 2 weeks while using my dads samsung s3 instead, and when I put it on the charger now, a weird light routine comes on (every 1.5 sec or so).

The screen can't be turned on, stays black, but the keyboard lights sometimes do come on.

But the thing is, I keep receiving e-mails, I hear sounds and vibrates, and when I hear it go off and check my inbox I see that at that moment an e-mail has been received.

Is there a way to fix the screen connectors or any way to make the screen work on my classic again?

I tried calling 3 phone repair shops too, but because there are not many spare parts available they wouldn't want to take in my device.

With kind regards,
    Sander Alberts
    10-06-15 02:15 AM
    Well, it's not the water than does the real damage, but the particles carried in the water. Since you really have little to lose I would try a liquid electronic cleaner like CRC QD Electronic Cleaner.
    10-06-15 02:54 AM
    Well, it's not the water than does the real damage, but the particles carried in the water. Since you really have little to lose I would try a liquid electronic cleaner like CRC QD Electronic Cleaner.
    Water does the real damage compared to the particles carrier by the water. It creates a short circuit, and your phone can get fried.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 03:45 AM
    Replacing screen on q10 isn't hard so maybe same for classic?

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 04:03 AM