The Classic looks cool with the trackpad.

Turk54 and Sulaco757 like this.
    01-01-15 09:05 PM
    Yes watched them yesterday, not bad
    01-01-15 09:08 PM
    Classic is better than Q10 just because of the track pad.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 09:13 PM
    Video really made me rethink whether or not to upgrade to a Classic.

I've been on the edge & really want the traditional keyboard but the screen takes the cake for me..

Posted via 10.3.1
    01-02-15 08:25 AM
    I watched 3 and half hours of Downton Abby on my classic this morning. No complaints from me about video quality or sound. And no issues with buffering at all! Not one!

Using my BlackBerry Classic :-)
    01-02-15 09:02 AM
    Prefer the Q10. Removable battery is important. Keep your phone for years - just switch out the battery whenever you'd like.

Waiting on that update for the Q10 however. Feel like that will complete the phone for me.

Only reason I would consider the Classic would be for the physical call/end buttons, miss them from my Bold 9930. The virtual end button is too cramped on the Q10 screen and sometimes I find myself pressing it by accident. Not the biggest deal, but I like efficiency.

I had the "double-type" issue on my Q10. Annoyed me for months. Simply ordered a keyboard and a tool kit from eBay and replaced it. So far so good (knock on wood).

If you need to make a decision, I would say that you need to ask yourself what is important to you. Notice how the only big differences are the screen size and the removable battery. Hold both devices in your hands, see which you like to hold. They haven't perfected the "classic" concept enough for me. Maybe I will grab the next one (Classic 2.0), who knows. The Passport looks to be way too big for me. Might use it as a tablet. Might skip it altogether.

Best of luck.

Posted via CB10
    hlg8888 likes this.
    01-02-15 10:17 AM
    They really are very similar. I am waiting to see if the white and other rumored Classic colours can tempt me away from my white Q10. For now the pros of the Classic are too minimal in relation to the Q10. Though the Classic's screen does look very nice.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 12:48 PM
    If I had a Q10 I wouldn't replace it with a Classic. Bigger screen and battery wouldn't be enough attractive for me to switch.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 12:52 PM
    I really appreciate your video comparison of the BB Classic to the Q10. I had been (notice the past tense) a long time BB user, ever since the introduction of the BB 9000. I had migrated through various other devices all the way through the BB 9900 before migrating to the Z10 and BB10. I must say that I was highly disappointed in the initial implementation of the BB10 operating system, especially in not delivering on the promise of a wide variety of generally accepted apps. Yes, there were kludges of getting around some of that, but many Android apps just plain didn't work with BB10 on the Z10, and while the virtual keyboard on the Z10 was impressive, my performance and accuracy were no where near what it was with the BB 9900. I migrated away to an Android device - Samsung Note 3 (a true behemoth of a device that is too large for most people but suited my needs at the time), especially the need to have commonly available apps and a decent camera. All the time that I've been using the Note 3, I've always toyed with the idea of going back to BB and maybe with a Q10 because I missed that physical keyboard way too much. With the recent introduction of the Classic, I was then torn as to whether I should go to the Classic instead. Your comparison of the Q10 vs. the Classic went very far in helping me see what I wanted to see comparison wise; however, I suspect that the Classic is somewhat of a step backwards for me in the specs department compared to what I've grown accustomed to with the Note 3. Have you done a video evaluation of the Classic's ability to run what would be considered standard apps (Instagram, Netflix, Google maps, etc.) to see how they perform on the Classic? With the Classic's specs, I'm concerned about not only the general load time for the apps but also how responsive the apps may be. Your feedback on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    01-02-15 02:34 PM