Nor do I. Battery goes all day on wifi if I don't spend it watching youtube (er nope I don't - that's what my desktop is for). I have no need for Whatsapp or FB. Telegram doesn't seem to suck up battery much at all (I don't auto d/l videos either). No battery complaints!

Oh I don't know....I tend to have no trouble with any of those issues, on the Classic or any other BB10 device.

Posted with my Classic, SQC100-3/10.3.3.3204
    elfabio80 likes this.
    02-18-19 01:35 PM
    Does anybody knows whats going on with the BBID after dec 2019 ? I know that the BBW closed but what’s with the BBID login ? Has anybody an idea ?
    02-18-19 02:46 PM
    Does anybody knows whats going on with the BBID after dec 2019 ? I know that the BBW closed but what’s with the BBID login ? Has anybody an idea ?
    Hi Kommandant,

You will get different replies on this depending on who you ask, but my response is that there's no evidence to suggest that BBID will shutdown on 12/31/2019. Blackberry Limited has gone out of their way to cite BBW and other services that will close and they've said nothing about BBID. This suggests that it will continue to function normally.

With that said it's good to be aware of possibilities and have Ultimate Backup or some other backup solution on your device in the unlikely event something happens to the BBID service and thus disables Link/Sachesi/DBBT backups.
    Kommandant likes this.
    02-18-19 02:53 PM
    Hi Kommandant,

You will get different replies on this depending on who you ask, but my response is that there's no evidence to suggest that BBID will shutdown on 12/31/2019. Blackberry Limited has gone out of their way to cite BBW and other services that will close and they've said nothing about BBID. This suggests that it will continue to function normally.

With that said it's good to be aware of possibilities and have Ultimate Backup or some other backup solution on your device in the unlikely event something happens to the BBID service and thus disables Link/Sachesi/DBBT backups.
    Thx

Is there any solution to save / backup only the apps from my device ? I only use Link for complete backups.
    02-18-19 02:56 PM
    Thx

Is there any solution to save / backup only the apps from my device ? I only use Link for complete backups.
    You can definitely keep using Link/Sachesi/Darcy's Blackberry Tools to backup all your apps. However, be aware that in the unlikely event something does happen to BBID it will not be possible to restore those backups, as they rely on authentication of Blackberry ID credentials to both backup and restore.

There is unfortunately no method at this time to back up installed apps without use of Link/Sachesi/DBBT. However, there are a number of methods of backing up BB10 data (contacts, calendar, Remember, Password Keeper, etc.) that do not require BBID. I'd definitely suggest getting one of those apps on your device (Ultimate Backup is my recommendation--I suggest the paid version, available at Home) as soon as possible.

It's also important to note that a number of native BB10 apps have been made available as .BAR files so that they can be sideloaded using Sachesi without the need for BBW. As we get closer to the shutdown I suspect we'll have more devs releasing their apps in this form, though nothing that's not already released is certain.
    Kommandant likes this.
    02-18-19 03:17 PM
    You can definitely keep using Link/Sachesi/Darcy's Blackberry Tools to backup all your apps. However, be aware that in the unlikely event something does happen to BBID it will not be possible to restore those backups, as they rely on authentication of Blackberry ID credentials to both backup and restore.

There is unfortunately no method at this time to back up installed apps without use of Link/Sachesi/DBBT. However, there are a number of methods of backing up BB10 data (contacts, calendar, Remember, Password Keeper, etc.) that do not require BBID. I'd definitely suggest getting one of those apps on your device (Ultimate Backup is my recommendation--I suggest the paid version, available at Home) as soon as possible.

It's also important to note that a number of native BB10 apps have been made available as .BAR files so that they can be sideloaded using Sachesi without the need for BBW. As we get closer to the shutdown I suspect we'll have more devs releasing their apps in this form, though nothing that's not already released is certain.
    I hope so that’s the devs are give us the bar files

I know that problem with the backup. I use on every phone my BBID. So I can load the apps but when the BBID is also shutdown I can not do this :/
    02-18-19 03:20 PM
    Nobody knows for sure yet. It's all conjecture.

Posted with my Classic, SQC100-3/10.3.3.3204
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    02-18-19 03:56 PM
    Where have these BAR files been made available?
    02-18-19 07:34 PM
    I read about Yalp Store on this forum, which gave me hope that may be I ll get all the necessary apps on Classic, but some of the apps were incompatible, hence hope went down the drain. After looking at its beauty and using it for a while, I switched it off with a heavy heart, lol. I mean to say is that its time to let it go. It is not viable for me, as I use a lot of apps, most of which are incompatible with BBOS 10.
    howarmat likes this.
    02-24-19 01:15 AM
    Same here. No matter how hard I try to let my Classic go, I just can't!

I have a iPhone XR and Galaxy S9 sitting right next to me and I choose to use the Classic 99% of the time.

The "app gap" is just too far gone for BB10 imo. With that being said, my Classic is always with me and will continue to be with me until the day it dies.

If I could go back a couple of years, I would've stuck with my Classic/iPad mini combo! That would've saved me a lot of headaches and tons of $$$.

Posted via CB10
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    02-25-19 09:51 AM
    My first ever Blackberry was a company issued Bold 9000 back in 2008, and it was a data only device, that is, only able to send/receive corporate emails. Fast forward to 2019 when I bought an "as new" Classic, coming to BB10 after years of using mainly Android and a couple of Apple phones (the 2007 original one and the iPhone 5). I know I came late to the BB10 OS, but please let me say that 1) I never really liked iOS and 2) I liked Android just a tad more. Also, I have never been dependent on apps; over the years I have used very few indeed. So coming to BB10 Os was something like a revelation! I have read many comments from other members here saying that the native browser is very slow; well, it may be depending on what one needs to do, but in my case, it has been very fast so far, and I am most happy!

I did get the Yalp Store app and from there I downloaded WhatsUpp, and so far it works with no problems whatsoever! I can attach all emoticons, and/or GIFs, also send recorded voice messages, and the only thing I haven't tried yet is sending any video files.

I have also downloaded Messenger Lite for Facebook, and that also works nicely so far and I did find an earlier Viber apk dl, version 5.6.5, which works almost perfectly. Only flaw is that I cannot send a recorded voice message; when I try to do this, I get a notification saying there's not enough space..strange, but then again, I won't lose any sleep over that!

Finally, I got Firefox, which is my preferred browser at home, but surprisingly, this is slower that the native browser!

Apart from the apps mentioned above, the actual OS is more than excellent for my needs, and certainly much more refreshing with regards to Android, and that keyboard is the best I have ever seen/used! I suspect it is a lot better than the current Blackberry Android devices, based on a brief typing experience I had on a Priv. And that trackpad is out of this world, really!

Battery life? It will get me through the day, and depending on use, I may see anything between 35 and 55% of battery left at around 21.00 hours. So, yes I will stay with my Classic and hopefully will be able to buy a nice Passport too along the way and postpone buying an Android Blackberry device for quite some time yet.
    03-11-19 01:47 PM
    Yeah your right dude..been in classic for 5 years and this is my daily driver..im not into apple or android thing.being a blackberry fan since then.i bought KeY2 just for Games and I have the plan to sell it!!

Sent from my Secure BlackBerry Classic
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    03-12-19 12:37 AM
    Sure. For me the Classic is still viable, but I find myself using this device less and less. I simply find it easier to use my iPhone X as my go-to messenging device, mainly because of iMessage and the excellent Outlook app for iOS. I still enjoy the Classic's wonderful PKB. I find myself using my Classic mainly for work phone and for Mobile Hotspot purposes, because it's still great at these two functions with my T-Mobile account.

This year I'm very tempted, however, to replace my Classic with a OnePlus 6, 6t or 7 outfitted with the Hub+ suite, BlackBerry keyboard app via Cobalt, and as the cherry on top the familiar BB10 system font reincarnated as Slate Pro. BBMobile failed to heed my advice and license Slate from Monotype. OnePlus by mid-2017 had swooped in to snag the best looking UI font on an Android device. That OnePlus device may be the closest thing I'll get to recreating my beloved first BlackBerry phone, the Z30.

Posted via CB10 | SQC100-4 Classic in Cobalt Blue
    03-12-19 01:02 AM
    BlackBerry Classic user here since 2015.

Posted via CB10
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    04-02-19 04:31 AM
    Sure. For me the Classic is still viable, but I find myself using this device less and less. I simply find it easier to use my iPhone X as my go-to messenging device, mainly because of iMessage and the excellent Outlook app for iOS. I still enjoy the Classic's wonderful PKB. I find myself using my Classic mainly for work phone and for Mobile Hotspot purposes, because it's still great at these two functions with my T-Mobile account.

This year I'm very tempted, however, to replace my Classic with a OnePlus 6, 6t or 7 outfitted with the Hub+ suite, BlackBerry keyboard app via Cobalt, and as the cherry on top the familiar BB10 system font reincarnated as Slate Pro. BBMobile failed to heed my advice and license Slate from Monotype. OnePlus by mid-2017 had swooped in to snag the best looking UI font on an Android device. That OnePlus device may be the closest thing I'll get to recreating my beloved first BlackBerry phone, the Z30.

Posted via CB10 | SQC100-4 Classic in Cobalt Blue
    Size wise it would be an S9 or S10e. Throw the BlackBerry HUB suite, VKB and a Spigen Rugged case. My S9 is very close to the Z30. The S10e would be even closer with flat edges.

As a former Cobalt Classic devote (my favorite BlackBerry 10 device in my stable of devices) I am growing VERY fond of my new Black Edition KeyOne. It has been excellent since purchase in January and I am REALLY enjoying being back to a PKB. Great build, keyboard, camera, screen and optimized speed and battery. Easily get 2 days. I gave it a shot and it's now my everyday device. BlackBerry Mobile and BlackBerry software have really done some nice things with the Key devices.
    Avenzuno and the_boon like this.
    04-03-19 10:46 PM
    Same here. No matter how hard I try to let my Classic go, I just can't!

I have a iPhone XR and Galaxy S9 sitting right next to me and I choose to use the Classic 99% of the time.

The "app gap" is just too far gone for BB10 imo. With that being said, my Classic is always with me and will continue to be with me until the day it dies.

If I could go back a couple of years, I would've stuck with my Classic/iPad mini combo! That would've saved me a lot of headaches and tons of $$$.

Posted via CB10
    Are we the same person, lefty? I'm choosing my Classic over an iPhone XR and a Galaxy J7, along with the SE, and others.
    Lefty724 likes this.
    04-07-19 06:16 PM
    Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen,

I propose a question that I believe has been hotly debated...whether the classic is still a viable device in 2019.

I for one, don't really care for or about apps, my main concern is simplicity and ease of communication.
    I've been on blackberry since the early 90s and really miss their focus on communication, not snapchat, facebook and the like.
    The BB is a business device and that's what I use it for

I'm going to ride this classic train until the wheels fall off all the while hoping for a q20 ish device to appear with the PKB( no, not the key)

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    I just bought one i think in January or february. It's working pretty well. But it's the same problem that we had before huh the App aren't updated for us BlackBerry Classic (10) users and it can be annoying. And nowadays everything work with Google Play service.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-19 04:56 AM
    And nowadays everything work with Google Play service.
    Yep, this is the sticking point. If you NEED apps, particularly social media and banking apps, you will have to have Google Play Services in your device.
    ANTIBERRY likes this.
    04-08-19 09:06 AM
    Yep, this is the sticking point. If you NEED apps, particularly social media and banking apps, you will have to have Google Play Services in your device.
    Yes, there is this dude Cobolt323, something like that, who made Goople Play service but i don't what happen to the app. You can't download it anymore

Posted via CB10
    04-08-19 09:30 AM
    Depends on the apps. I have four bank apps and only one has problem without GPS (also, if I enable them, it whines that I uses yalp to download it (I does not have google account on LE). From all the apps I have in LE, only two wants GPS, but one is running fine, it just says it at start. So it all depends on apps.
    04-11-19 03:59 PM
    Depends on the apps. I have four bank apps and only one has problem without GPS (also, if I enable them, it whines that I uses yalp to download it (I does not have google account on LE). From all the apps I have in LE, only two wants GPS, but one is running fine, it just says it at start. So it all depends on apps.
    I sincerely hope your bank apps are from legit sources.
    04-11-19 04:20 PM
    Do you live in North America? I probably should be more sensitive to region/country but here in N. America I don't think there are any bank apps that will function without GPS. All bank apps in Canada, at least, need GPS.
    04-11-19 06:54 PM
    I sincerely hope your bank apps are from legit sources.
    From google, yalp use google api to download it but it have to sign them instead of google play and app can verify this. I understand why they did it but if you know what you are doing.. Yalp is open source on f-droid and not doing anything bad or changing the apps.

Do you live in North America? I probably should be more sensitive to region/country but here in N. America I don't think there are any bank apps that will function without GPS. All bank apps in Canada, at least, need GPS.
    Nope, postcommunist country in Europe. Now that I think about it, another bank app can use GPS but works without. It use GPS for push notification. Which is probably why it needs canadian bank apps.
    04-12-19 02:28 AM
    Have recently returned to the Classic from the Keyone. Don't get me wrong, there are many things to love about the Keyone, including its beauty. But, ultimately, the Classic is the phone for me. I am not a big app user, and so far the Classic is still working great. I find the phone quality is excellent, it is great at pushing a ton of emails and text messages, the keyboard is a dream, and I still prefer the BB10 OS. Other than a few news websites and Youtube (which the browser manages quite well), I really don't surf, and my social media presence is non-existent. If you are comfortable with these parameters, then the Classic is a very viable phone (at least until December 31st...after which, we shall have to wait and see).

Posted via CB10
    gouger05, WES51 and qan qaq like this.
    04-12-19 09:38 AM
    Absolutely. Recently started using my Classic again after a year with the Keyone. Don't get me wrong, the Keyone is a great phone, and it is incredibly stylish and elegant... but the Classic just beckons me back. I am not a heavy app user, and aside from a few news websites and Youtube (which the Classic still handles very well), I mostly use the Classic for calls, pushing a ton of emails and text messages (on a keyboard that is quite simply a dream). If you are like me and your social media presence is fairly unimportant, than the Classic is still a great phone...at least until December 2019, and then we shall see!

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno likes this.
    04-12-19 03:03 PM
176 12345 ...