I have been trying a similar thing this month.

I've been using iphones for the past 6 years before then I had the 8703, 8830 and 9630. Wanted to go back to blackberry for nostlagia purposes and to take a break from social media and other distractions. Wanted the typical blackberry form factor did not like the look or keyboard of the keyone/2 and the passport was way too goofy.

Got a q10 first but coming from an iphone 8plus the phone was so small it felt like a toy. Returned that for the q20 and so far I'm loving the phone for what it is.

I never made a bbid so I'm just using it for calls, texts, and emails. The maps is so slow I'm using my iPad when I need GPS, serious Web browsing or modern apps. The battery lasts forever I can go over 24 hours on one charge but honestly it's because there's nothing to really do on the phone.

Being so used to ios a lot of the features like how bb10 handles emails and menus is very clunky it's easy to see why market share fell off so hard.

As a qwerty feature phone that syncs with exchange it definitely does its job. I don't push it too hard or expect too much out of it. I really wish BlackBerry would make an android phone in this form factor. Get rid of the tool belt for more screen and bring it to a 3:2 ratio. I'd probably buy that.
    02-10-19 10:16 PM
    Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen,

I propose a question that I believe has been hotly debated...whether the classic is still a viable device in 2019.

I for one, don't really care for or about apps, my main concern is simplicity and ease of communication.
    I've been on blackberry since the early 90s and really miss their focus on communication, not snapchat, facebook and the like.
    The BB is a business device and that's what I use it for

I'm going to ride this classic train until the wheels fall off all the while hoping for a q20 ish device to appear with the PKB( no, not the key)

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    Entirely viable. Go for it and let us know if you need any help! There are still some active BB10 users who share your point of view that will assist as needed.
    02-11-19 07:56 PM

I propose a question that I believe has been hotly debated...whether the classic is still a viable device in 2019.

I for one, don't really care for or about apps, my main concern is simplicity and ease of communication.
    I've been on blackberry since the early 90s and really miss their focus on communication, not snapchat, facebook and the like.

I'm going to ride this classic train until the wheels fall off all the while hoping for a q20 ish device to appear with the PKB( no, not the key)

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    Curious what BlackBerry devices you were using in early 90s ?
    the_boon likes this.
    02-11-19 08:22 PM
    How sure are you with your comment sir? and where dd you get that data?
    02-15-19 07:04 PM
    Who are you talking to?
    02-15-19 07:26 PM
    Eugen, to what comment are you referring?
    02-15-19 07:27 PM
    02-15-19 07:31 PM
    f you want a device with battery life that actually gets you through a day, don't buy a Classic.

If you want a device that will survive after 2019, don't buy a Classic.

If you ever find yourself needing an app, don't buy a Classic.

Do you want an up to date smartphone with a keyboard ? The answer is the KEY series.

Want to ride a train until the end of the tracks ? Grab a cheap BB10 device but don't expect much more than basic functions
    THIS COMMENT fellows
    02-15-19 07:33 PM
    THIS COMMENT fellows
    You are welcome to express your opinion, just as @the_boon is. Surely you don't expect his response to

How sure are you with your comment sir?
    to be somewhat, or provide a link to

where dd you get that data?
    The debate is subjective... anecdotal... and frankly irrelevant to @jlescisin, who has a Classic, thus fully knows their own perspective, and doesn't need anyone else to tell them otherwise.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-15-19 09:14 PM

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, the Classic is still a viable device for the uses you describe in your OP. Battery life is more than adequate, even with some android apk's installed (as long as those apps are managed proactively).

If you are comfortable with the OS, the form factor and the operation of the Classic, then stick with it until it no longer serves your purpose. That may be in Dec 19 or it may extend indefinitely.

Posted via CB10
    Eugen Unson likes this.
    02-16-19 06:43 PM
    Battery life is quite awesome actually. Some of y'all need to check your settings, app usage etc. I get 2 plus days regularly and that's with a couple email accounts syncing and a fair amount of time spent texting, phone calls etc. I decided to drop most apps a while ago especially all the Android ones though.
    RCJ28 likes this.
    02-16-19 07:44 PM
    Yes, the Classic is still a viable device for the uses you describe in your OP. Battery life is more than adequate, even with some android apk's installed (as long as those apps are managed proactively).

If you are comfortable with the OS, the form factor and the operation of the Classic, then stick with it until it no longer serves your purpose. That may be in Dec 19 or it may extend indefinitely.

Posted via CB10
    It will extend some aspects most likely past 12/31/2019 EOL but nothing especially BB10 will go indefinitely....
    02-16-19 07:46 PM
    I guess battery health would also have something to do with it. I've had phones that just don't hold a charge regardless of what I did, but my current classic is phenomenal as have been several of my other BB10 devices.
    02-16-19 07:48 PM
    would still use to be honest if it had bb10 whatsapp app. with no whatsapp I stopped using The classic
    02-17-19 01:47 AM
    My iPhone SE with its 4.5" screen paired with a measly ~1500mAh battery runs circles around all the Classic's I owned, and the Classic has a 2500mAh and 3.5" screen...
    Folks, the Classic has a 1000mAh head start on the iSlab SE as well as a full 1" less of screen to power and it still sucked!
    Each of those Classics had less than 10 Android apps installed and all "run in background" permissions were turned off.
    BB10 always has "system" on top of the battery stat, instead of "display" like it should
    02-17-19 01:05 PM
    would still use to be honest if it had bb10 whatsapp app. with no whatsapp I stopped using The classic
    You still can use Whatsapp on Claasic.
    02-17-19 06:15 PM
    You still can use Whatsapp on Claasic.
    "Mostly"
    02-17-19 06:25 PM
    "Mostly"
    As in, sending long videos probably won't work, GIFs won't work, and battery drain will be through the roof lol
    02-17-19 09:32 PM
    As in, sending long videos probably won't work, GIFs won't work, and battery drain will be through the roof lol
    Oh I don't know....I tend to have no trouble with any of those issues, on the Classic or any other BB10 device.
    Gene Fells likes this.
    02-18-19 02:38 AM
    Oh I don't know....I tend to have no trouble with any of those issues, on the Classic or any other BB10 device.
    Me neither, but some CBERRIANS spend their time spreading fake information....

Posted via CB10
    Eugen Unson likes this.
    02-18-19 03:56 AM
    Classic will probably live longer even after that given deadline 2019..
    02-18-19 05:46 AM
    Me neither, but some CBERRIANS spend their time spreading fake information....

Posted via CB10
    Why do people do this these BB10 OS will go on and on I love them and for work there is nothing that can touch it
    02-18-19 08:13 AM
    Why do people do this these BB10 OS will go on and on I love them and for work there is nothing that can touch it
    Nothing wrong with continuing to use what works for you. But to suggest WhatsApp works fine on BB10 is delusional.
    02-18-19 09:05 AM
    Nothing wrong with continuing to use what works for you. But to suggest WhatsApp works fine on BB10 is delusional.
    Delusional? What do you mean? Do you use it I. BB10? Just curiosity....

Posted via CB10
    02-18-19 09:09 AM
    Delusional? What do you mean? Do you use it I. BB10? Just curiosity....

Posted via CB10
    I don't even need to go past proper notifications. The Android "bell" is abysmal.
    02-18-19 09:25 AM
176 1234 ...