09-19-15 06:56 AM
37 12
tools
    Just take a look around on the forum, u will find many users complaining for the same issue, for me I have this device for 4 months now, and the issue has appeared after 3 months of use,

How long have u had this device, if it's just brought recently wait for it to happen, if it's more than 3 -4 months old, go play lottery, u r among the luckiest people in the world at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    I can't speak for everyone, but here's a list of BlackBerry 10 devices I've had and none have ever displayed this Double Typing issue. YES I know it exists but I have a theory I will share after I list my devices.

Q10 Black VZW
    Q10 White VZW
    Q10 Black Unlocked
    Q10 White Unlocked
    Classic Black AT&T
    Classic Blue Unlocked
    Passport AT&T Model
    Passport Unlocked White
    Passport Unlocked Red
    Passport Unlocked Silver Edition
    Porsche Design Graphite P'9983

Now that's 11 BlackBerry 10 PKB Devices and NO double typing. Nobody has ever responded to my theory on why I've never had an issue but nobody has disproved it either. I could be totally WRONG. So here's the deal: for every one of these 11 devices I have NEVER EVER made an OS changes UNLESS they came directly from the CARRIER or BlackBerry. I've NEVER used an Auto-loader or Sachesi or anything. I've always waited for updates to become available buy the carrier or BlackBerry. For example, my Porsche P'9983 is running:
    Software: 10.3.1.1779
    Radio: .2577

Ever person who I know that has double typing, I ask if they loaded an OS themselves. The answer is always YES. I admit, this could absolutely be a coincidence. However, I continue to buy multiple versions of every PKB BlackBerry Device and patiently wait for updates.

Again, I am not saying the issue doesn't exist. I have friends who have it, but not my friends who have waited for carrier updates.

Posted with my Graphite Porsche P'9983
    andy957 and Mr4aces like this.
    09-07-15 10:33 PM
    Months in with Classic, double typing everyday.

 Classic
    Upgrade to the latest OS, it resolved my double typing issue.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 04:02 AM
    I loved my Classic...then got an iPhone 6 due to all the shortcomings you mentioned...and have never been happier. Blackberry's app-less situation will be its death blow...
    The situation isn't app-less with the availability of SNAP, but the performance of the apps is the main issue, the apps run choppy, and google play services has become a nusiance lately making most of the core apps totally un useable on the BlackBerry platform,

I've tried to mod various apps with lucky patcher, some work, most do not work even after patching and crash.

So this google play services should be resolved somehow, and the android runtime environment need to be more fluid and less choppy.

Then BlackBerry is back on its foot again. Definitely. These are the last two strikes blackberry needs to hit hard in order to mantain any credibility at all.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 04:08 AM
    The situation isn't app-less with the availability of SNAP, but the performance of the apps is the main issue, the apps run choppy, and google play services has become a nusiance lately making most of the core apps totally un useable on the BlackBerry platform,

I've tried to mod various apps with lucky patcher, some work, most do not work even after patching and crash.

So this google play services should be resolved somehow, and the android runtime environment need to be more fluid and less choppy.

Then BlackBerry is back on its foot again. Definitely. These are the last two strikes blackberry needs to hit hard in order to mantain any credibility at all.

Posted via CB10
    Having all of Cobalt232 apps I only use Gmaps Patcher to patch Google Playstore apps that I need. No need for Snap. Lucky Patcher is ok for patching some apps, but Gmaps Patcher is much better. Of course Gmaps Patcher is used on a PC or laptop, not on the phone.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport.
    09-16-15 04:55 AM
    Lack of basic apps is a big minus but the same lack of apps helps me avoid installing leisure stuff (stuff for fun) on a pair of Classic and the other BlackBerry 10 devices of mine.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 07:42 AM
    It's as business as any other competitor phone.

Get a feature rich laptop if you want full, true mobile business.
    09-16-15 08:14 AM
    A true business phone can be operated to message in one hand while carrying a briefcase in the other hand... all in effort to catch the 4:17 while threading through a "zombie forest" of two handed distracted iPhoners ... lol.

Despite glaring imperfections, Classic is the best single handed device in current production. Hands down, imo. (pun intended )

BTW, PrintHand does a reasonable job of stand alone network printing. I do agree, tho, bb should've had a native print provision LONG ago.
    09-16-15 10:11 AM
    BlackBerry is whatever you want it to be. No need to ask.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 09:55 PM
    My BlackBerry Classic is excellent at billiards. He's a real pool hustler.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 09:56 PM
    No double typing issues until now 2 years for me with q10. 200+ mails being typed everyday and approx 30 blogs everyday. No problem.

You are a fool.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 10:06 PM
    Lack of basic apps is a big minus but the same lack of apps helps me avoid installing leisure stuff (stuff for fun) on a pair of Classic and the other BlackBerry 10 devices of mine.

Posted via CB10
    Which apps do you want? all android apps are supported just patch them.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 10:08 PM
    Depends on you, your work, and other variables. To me an iPhone becomes necessary for 2 reasons:

-you need a work related app that BlackBerry doesn't offer and you can't get elsewhere

-your work uses Apple across the board like Macs and iPads making thinks easier to sink up.

If a phone is all you need then the Classic is a workhorse. Like anything else it has its pros and cons. All of which can be found throughout the forums.

Posted with my Graphite Porsche P'9983
    09-19-15 06:56 AM
37 12