You must be fun at parties. :-P

In other words, lighten up, it was a joke. I read the title like buzz lightyear's famous saying, so thought it was funny, lol.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    I own a BlackBerry... who has time for parties?
    eji930 likes this.
    02-03-15 07:48 PM
    I agree. Much slower than my q10 I don't care what the specs say. Search is slow. Texting freezes up completely. What a disappointment... looks like im going to have to go to the passport even though its about as convenient as sliding a pc into your pocket. Who makes square phone?
    02-03-15 08:16 PM
    Well the passport is really heavy and would be difficult for someone with small hands to hold for a long period of time. What's hard to understand? Classic isn't as heavy of course but compared to a q5 it's very heavy. Does it make a difference ? For some people yes
    I didn't the Passport was heavy at all. It was surprisingly light, considering the size. The width did me in, though.
    02-03-15 09:17 PM
    There's just more to the device. Physical keyboard is the main thing that makes this a heavier device. If you like ultra light phones then this might not be your cup of tea.

Personally I like the fact that when I'm holding the device I know it's in my hand.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    The keyboard is one of the lighter parts in the phone. It is the battery.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 11:44 PM
    I actually love the heft of this PHONE not some iOS toy what did you expect it to be it has a physical keyboard why wouldn't it be "heavier" than a iFone o_O

Sent from my: SM-N910T / SQC100-4 with Tapatalk : PIN 2BFBBCE3: T-Mobile 4G LTE
    02-04-15 01:12 AM
    I agree. Much slower than my q10 I don't care what the specs say. Search is slow. Texting freezes up completely. What a disappointment... looks like im going to have to go to the passport even though its about as convenient as sliding a pc into your pocket. Who makes square phone?
    RIM aka Research in Motion aka Blackberry

The better question who buys a square phone then asks who makes a square phone more than likely typed out on said square phone o_O

Sent from my: SM-N910T / SQC100-4 with Tapatalk : PIN 2BFBBCE3: T-Mobile 4G LTE
    02-04-15 01:19 AM
    Well the passport is really heavy and would be difficult for someone with small hands to hold for a long period of time. What's hard to understand? Classic isn't as heavy of course but compared to a q5 it's very heavy. Does it make a difference ? For some people yes
    Time to hit the gym

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    02-04-15 01:24 AM
    One of the things I noticed about such threads is this. Someone starts a thread saying " BlackBerry xyz" is "to slow" or "why viber not work" or " non removable battery sucks" etc, sit back and relax. ( Usually the OP will be the only post made by the OP).Then just watch the fun responses unfolding in the thread.

I think this is some kind of ritual
    02-04-15 07:37 AM
    Before you go back, try turning on the predictive text.
    It will predict 3 words as you are typing, and display them along the bottom of the screen.
    I find it makes 1 hand typing MUCH, much faster. (and I must admit, when 2hand typing, if I pause to consider how to spell a word, chances are high that the word is displayed on my screen.)

But for the weight of the phone.
    I love it!! I never have to worry if I dropped/lost/forgot my phone. There is always a reminder that it is in my pocket.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 07:47 AM
    The Passport weighs 196g / 6.91 oz
    The Classic weighs 178g / 6.28 oz
    The Z30 weighs 170g / 5.99 oz
    The Q10 weighs 139g / 4.9 oz
    The Z10 weighs 136g / 4.8 oz

As a point of comparison:

iPhone 6 plus weighs 172g / 6.07 oz
    iPhone 6 weighs 129g / 4.55 oz
    iPhone 5S weighs 112g / 3.95 oz
    iPhone 5C weighs 132g / 4.65 oz

Samsung Galaxy S5 weighs 170g / 5.99 oz
    bungaboy and nick13b like this.
    02-04-15 09:45 AM
    It's not that heavy. The thickness and weight actually feel good on my hand. I had an Iphone 4 before and I loved the thickness and weight. I don't like the new thin and lightweight phones. Too difficult to grip mainly... Too thin and you end up having the apple "Bendgate" dilemma...
    wilber1 and nick13b like this.
    02-04-15 10:13 AM
    The only 3 things that I dislike about the classic, I find it a bit to heavy, maybe because the iphone an other phones I've used weren't that heavy.
    and I find it a bit thicker than I imagined.

The most important thing is the speed of the phone. I have tried the passport and I can really feel the difference in speed. The specs are to low for a phone of this calibre.
    I feel it when I have to apps, and go from phone to contacts etc.

Does anyone agree or disagree with me? .

PS. This is just my opinion. Feel free to cri

Posted by khanium
    I agree with only 1 point, and that is the speed of common apps compared to the Z10. I bought a Classic and used it for only 1 day and returned it. The most annoying thing was the lag when replying to a message. When I press 'R' then start typing, my inputs will not be received immediately. I have to wait a second or two for the compose screen to completely load. I think this was not due to the hardware, but software because even on the Curve, composing a new message after hitting Reply was faster. Loading the calendar and composing an appointment also had the same lag.

The weight and thickness were fine.
    02-04-15 11:00 AM
    It's called trolling - the question is which class of troll: ex-fanboys, current fanboys, or never-fanboys. The last group is the most pernicious, as they are just iOS or Android people coming in to shake things up. Then you have to ask yourself... what kind of person takes the time to register on a site just to troll? That answer is getting easier to answer. It's people with too much time and no BlackBerry. BlackBerry people are important and don't have time to troll phone forums for other brands.
    bungaboy and terminatorx like this.
    02-04-15 11:19 AM
    It's called trolling - the question is which class of troll: ex-fanboys, current fanboys, or never-fanboys. The last group is the most pernicious, as they are just iOS or Android people coming in to shake things up. Then you have to ask yourself... what kind of person takes the time to register on a site just to troll? That answer is getting easier to answer. It's people with too much time and no BlackBerry. BlackBerry people are important and don't have time to troll phone forums for other brands.

Which one are you ???
    02-04-15 11:37 AM
    Which one are you ???
    Current!
    But you'll find I'm a good troll, who has a deep engineering background and I will talk circles around lesser trolls. In fact, you'll actually learn things from my trolling operations.
    bungaboy and Mr.Willie like this.
    02-04-15 12:37 PM
    I use the Passport and that one is heavy they say but I like the weight and to thick is what i mostly love. I had the Z30 and I love to use the original case that made the Z30 around 30-40 thicker. It has a better grip for me. I had the same with the Z10 and Passport. I love to use the extra back case to make it thicker and more handable. I have big hands maybe that is why .
    02-04-15 12:48 PM
    I use the Passport and that one is heavy they say but I like the weight and to thick is what i mostly love. I had the Z30 and I love to use the original case that made the Z30 around 30-40 thicker. It has a better grip for me. I had the same with the Z10 and Passport. I love to use the extra back case to make it thicker and more handable. I have big hands maybe that is why .
    02-04-15 01:12 PM
    The only 3 things that I dislike about the classic, I find it a bit to heavy, maybe because the iphone an other phones I've used weren't that heavy.
    and I find it a bit thicker than I imagined.

The most important thing is the speed of the phone. I have tried the passport and I can really feel the difference in speed. The specs are to low for a phone of this calibre.
    I feel it when I have to apps, and go from phone to contacts etc.

Does anyone agree or disagree with me? .

PS. This is just my opinion. Feel free to cri

Posted by khanium
    Are you sure that ur not a bb hater?
    02-04-15 02:59 PM
    Welcome to a phone from 2011.
    02-04-15 03:20 PM
    Heavy, thick & slow? That's my wife, sir! You cad!
    anon9133023, nick13b and chris8189 like this.
    02-04-15 03:49 PM
    Welcome to a phone from 2011.
    I thought square was hip in... 86?

Nice way to ostracize yourself at parties though. Hosts just love having to rearrange the party seats to let that visual atrocity into the room. Not at many parties? Oh right... you'd be more in the introverted geeky lab technician market.

[/Passport smug]
    02-04-15 04:35 PM
    I thought square was hip in... 86?

Nice way to ostracize yourself at parties though. Hosts just love having to rearrange the party seats to let that visual atrocity into the room. Not at many parties? Oh right... you'd be more in the introverted geeky lab technician market.

[/Passport smug]
    I'm a college student and I don't study science, engineering or technology so yeh I definitely go to parties.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport | Been around the world, don't speak the language but workin' wide need no explainin'
    02-04-15 04:37 PM
    Are you sure that ur not a bb hater?
    I love BB... BlackBerry are the only phones that I have mainly used. With that being said, my expectations are high for blackberry.

Posted by khanium
    02-04-15 06:23 PM
    How are the things like Google calendar and Gmail on the Classic? I'm thinking of re-acquainting myself now that the Classic is out.
    02-04-15 06:32 PM
    My Q10 isn't slow. So I don't think the Classic is slow at all.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 01:36 AM
61 123