Hey everyone, I just got my classic from Verizon a few days ago and it's been working really well! The only problem is that sometimes my texts don't get sent. I'm using the text app that was already installed. When I send a text it shows the clock image and doesn't get sent until many, many minutes later. Maybe even an hour at some times... it can be really bothersome.

Is someone else having this issue maybe? Please help! Thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    03-30-16 08:35 PM
    I'm not encountering the same issue you are having. But i'm quite curious, what the hell is a 'text app'?

To send a text, I typically open the Hub, click Compose, and click text.
    OR
    From the home screen, i'd just type: 'text John Smith' then follow the prompts.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-16 09:21 PM
    Also, glad you're liking your phone.

The BlackBerry Assistant is killer helpful, and long pressing keys on the keyboard is pretty damn slick too.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-16 09:24 PM
    I've this issue from time to time on my Verizon Classic. A hard reset fixes the problem.

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.858
    03-30-16 10:06 PM
    Could it be carrier related? The clock symbol indicates it's waiting to send - perhaps there is heavy usage in your area?

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    03-30-16 10:17 PM
    I'm not encountering the same issue you are having. But i'm quite curious, what the hell is a 'text app'?

To send a text, I typically open the Hub, click Compose, and click text.
    OR
    From the home screen, i'd just type: 'text John Smith' then follow the prompts.

Posted via CB10
    There is an app on the home screen labeled "Text Messages." When I say "app" I don't mean one you download off an app store, but an application that is preinstalled into the phone that holds all the texts sent and received. I had a similar issue on my galaxy note 3 where my apn settings were messed up and I couldn't send texts, so what fixed it was by downloading a third party app for texting. I wish BlackBerry had this option

Posted via CB10
    03-30-16 10:27 PM
    I've this issue from time to time on my Verizon Classic. A hard reset fixes the problem.

You say from time to time. How often? That's really annoying

Posted via CB10
    03-30-16 10:28 PM
    Could it be carrier related? The clock symbol indicates it's waiting to send - perhaps there is heavy usage in your area?

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    I highly doubt it. It's not a holiday or anything, and besides, my families phones all send texts with ease. I'm thinking it's the phone

Posted via CB10
    03-30-16 10:29 PM
    You say from time to time. How often? That's really annoying

Posted via CB10
    No more than once a month. I think it's carrier related, because it only happens when I'm in weak coverage areas. Try and cycle your antenna (turn of and on). Or do a hard reset.

03-31-16 02:08 PM
    i might be new but i been on cb for 8 years, i have the same problem, i believe it is hardware related, i reinstalled the os, did a wipe, still gives the sending sign

Hey everyone, I just got my classic from Verizon a few days ago and it's been working really well! The only problem is that sometimes my texts don't get sent. I'm using the text app that was already installed. When I send a text it shows the clock image and doesn't get sent until many, many minutes later. Maybe even an hour at some times... it can be really bothersome.

Is someone else having this issue maybe? Please help! Thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 02:36 AM