As the days close slowly, the night expires swiftly, only to be repeated in a monotonous cycle. The Blackberry is neither expired or monotonous to me.

This device has a stranglehold on me, having been a blackberry user and abuser since the dark ages(monochrome), it sits comfortably in my jacket pocket ready for duty day in and day out...I have no intention for upgrades, or android based B.B.. the classic is just that, classic. No gleaming hi res screen, no App Store with fun games, but a production workhorse, as it was intended to be.
    I wish B.B. didn’t go down the route of trying to keep up with the Jones’s, but seems though they had to do something to keep from plummeting into the abyss at Best Buy in the form of the cell phone recycling bin.

What would blackberry have been, moreover, what COULD they have been if the advent of big screened media device hadn’t come about. Days of a bygone era of the world editions, bolds and lets not forget, the 7250s are in the past, now we as blackberry supporters must hold fast, through the ever changing cellular market.

There will be a realization soon,of not that all that glitters is gold.
    I now predict the resurrection of the great berry....not those that hang from limbs, but the berry that never goes soft or expired., the berry that hangs from OUR LIMBS and resides in OUR jacket pocket....

THE BLACKBERRY WILL LIVE ON!

OH YES, IT WILL LIVE ON!
    11-09-17 02:04 PM
    Beautiful.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-17 02:08 PM
    It is with heavy heart that I "retire" my Classic. After 2 1/2 years of faithful, dependable, uninterrupted service, I have had to face the sad truth that the programs I need in order to do my job will not operate on my Classic. I will not toss it in a bin like a used up toothpaste tube and until I am satisfied that my Keyone will indeed get the job done, I will gently place it in my bedside drawer.
    jlescisin, KDO101 and MB64 like this.
    11-09-17 04:09 PM
    My Classic now works as my alarm clock as I usually forget to turn sound on in my KEYone so I have put the Classic to some good use
    11-09-17 09:12 PM
    Also, when no one is looking I lick the screen.

Posted via CB10
    1978malibu likes this.
    11-10-17 01:58 AM
    THE BLACKBERRY WILL LIVE ON!

OH YES, IT WILL LIVE ON!
    Very Wayne Campbell-esque.
    Attached Thumbnails Blackberry Classic, still my companion-t72qjqb.png  
    11-10-17 12:35 PM
    Great. It’s sheer simplicity convenience and productivity. That’s what classic is. I too use it off and on when nostalgia sets in. Frankly even when Android Blackberry came there were very few apps which I required so kept using both passport and classic. Got the priv only because it was available for 350$. But nothing beats BBOS 10. None of my bbos devices ever had crashes hang or battery troubles. But priv was slow from the beginning and keyone is starting to slow down. Not too happy with Android.
    rayporsche likes this.
    11-10-17 12:42 PM
    I boight mine just a few days ago. I am/was a very heavy user of android phones: hitting likes, swipping post and pics, yada yada yada. I wanted that no more. i wanted function. portability. convinence. and ocasional fun. no distractions. i was looking at a nokia e72 for a replacement of nexus device, when it hit me, BB phones are cool. are everything i want and need. fortunatly i found a seconnd hand BB Classic for a mealy 50USD. these have been the most happy mobile wise days i've ever had.
    rayporsche and conbrio29 like this.
    11-10-17 12:48 PM
    I boight mine just a few days ago. I am/was a very heavy user of android phones: hitting likes, swipping post and pics, yada yada yada. I wanted that no more. i wanted function. portability. convinence. and ocasional fun. no distractions. i was looking at a nokia e72 for a replacement of nexus device, when it hit me, BB phones are cool. are everything i want and need. fortunatly i found a seconnd hand BB Classic for a mealy 50USD. these have been the most happy mobile wise days i've ever had.
    I like this post. I find that after switching from my Classic to my current KEYone that I've been using it a lot more, feeling far more distracted too. I feel like if I was using the Classic again that I would actually be far more productive and less distracted!
    1978malibu likes this.
    11-12-17 04:18 PM
    Great post! Love my Q10, Classic, Passport SE and Z30!

Posted via CB10
    11-12-17 09:26 PM
    I definitely agree with this post. Recently I dropped my Classic and caused internal damage which caused the phone to continually reboot. As a replacement, Asurion sent me a brand new MotoZ Player 2. Instead of activating it, I bought a refurbished Classic on EBAY for $30. The MotoZ is interesting, but for one thing it is just too damn big to pack around. My refurbished Classic works great, and now I am thinking about buying a second refurbished Classic to keep as a spare. Long live the Classic and Blackberry 10.
    11-22-17 05:58 PM
    OH, YES.

We prefer to type out our emails, IMs, forum posts, etc. with blazing speed and dazzling accuracy on the deliciously clicky physical keyboards that only BlackBerry can produce.

We enjoy the confidence that only the "toolbelt" affords, answering and ending calls purely by feel, editing text, using apps, and browsing the Web without ever touching the screen thanks to the indispensable trackpad, menu, and back buttons.

We don't care what others think about the phone we use, for while they are caught up in their selfies and likes and Pokémon GO, we are quietly and efficiently going about our business, using our phones instead of our phones using us.

We are neither blind nor ignorant. We are all too aware of the current state of BB10 and its inevitable fate. We know there will come a day when our phone of choice will cease to perform essential functions, when it can no longer justifiably be used as our trusted mobile side arm. But it is not this day!

We know what we want in a personal handheld computing and communication apparatus. While it may bear a resemblance to BlackBerry phones past, it is unmistakable, for it bears a simple, defining word emblazoned upon its rear-facing camera bar: CLASSIC.

 BlackBerry | CLASSIC
    11-22-17 07:48 PM
    ^^^ This ^^^

Posted via CB10
    1978malibu likes this.
    11-23-17 06:26 AM
    Yes, my Classic was great in so many ways.

However, I just could not get a critical app working and so I have moved on to a PRIV.
    Yes, more distracting, but at least I'm not like my kid, who can't be bothered to tear himself away from his videos or games on his phone.

For me, BB10 is dead; perhaps Android isn't as slick as BB10, but if I'm missing the functionality then what's the point.

It's why I drive a gas powered vehicle instead of an electric that's much better for the planet. The nearest large towns are a MINIMUM of 1.5 hours drive and we think nothing of driving to Edmonton (12 hours) in one day - I just can't do that in an electric.
    11-23-17 09:49 AM
    I like this post. I find that after switching from my Classic to my current KEYone that I've been using it a lot more, feeling far more distracted too. I feel like if I was using the Classic again that I would actually be far more productive and less distracted!
    Man, this. I moved from my passport/classic to the keyone and holy have I been distracted. I guess the limitations bb10 placed on me meant that I got a lot more done when I was away from the computer.
    11-23-17 09:52 AM
    So far I have very little android offers that makes me want to replace this classic. I am actually tempted to purchase a new classic from amazon but this on is not broke yet. I know I can't sign pdfs on here but I use my tablet. Excel still works. Not perfect but when I edit a file then send it back tablet things are still correct even though look wrong on here. Kinda weird but I'm happy with it. I can type faster and more accurately then on my laptop. I actually prefer to use it. I do like having latest toys so constantly looking at keyone but the keyboard is not this. People say it's better once you get on to it but I think it is a matter of making what you have work and being happy with your choice. I would enjoy a better camera but then I compare this to my son's pixels which are really fun cameras. So onward we go till forced to make a change I at the moment cannot justify spending huge money on a phone just to change.

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche and 1978malibu like this.
    11-23-17 10:20 AM
    Yes, my Classic was great in so many ways.

However, I just could not get a critical app working and so I have moved on to a PRIV.
    Yes, more distracting, but at least I'm not like my kid, who can't be bothered to tear himself away from his videos or games on his phone.

For me, BB10 is dead; perhaps Android isn't as slick as BB10, but if I'm missing the functionality then what's the point.

It's why I drive a gas powered vehicle instead of an electric that's much better for the planet. The nearest large towns are a MINIMUM of 1.5 hours drive and we think nothing of driving to Edmonton (12 hours) in one day - I just can't do that in an electric.
    Planet killer !!!!!!! Surely your EV could stop and be charged along the way at various farms.....

I've been told getting rid of my 8 passenger Excursion and 8 passenger YukonXL will save the planet. Instead of taking one SUV, we can drive two CUV or three or four.........LOL
    11-23-17 10:30 AM
    Planet killer !!!!!!! Surely your EV could stop and be charged along the way at various farms.....

I've been told getting rid of my 8 passenger Excursion and 8 passenger YukonXL will save the planet. Instead of taking one SUV, we can drive two CUV or three or four.........LOL
    Well, it's a tough call in some ways. If we could afford 2 vehicles then I would strongly consider an electric for around town.
    Bottom line is that we can't afford it.

I do find a bit of dark amusement about this whole EV thing - many of the places in the USA the electricity is supplied by COAL FIRED POWER PLANTS. I would LOVE for someone to explain to me how burning COAL to recharge the electric car is going to be a net benefit to the planet!

Regarding the charging at various farms ... I know you're kidding, but if I go south from my town we have one town 45 km away, then another 100 or so km to the next town. There is literally NOTHING of substance in between.

Think of us as a sparsely populated North Dakota ...

My mother-in-law now lives with us and she's a city girl. On a recent trip out west, where we had seen perhaps 8 vehicles in 3 hours she made a comment about how sparse the traffic was. My rebuttal was that the traffic was actually rather HEAVY for this road.
    11-23-17 10:36 AM
    Well, it's a tough call in some ways. If we could afford 2 vehicles then I would strongly consider an electric for around town.
    Bottom line is that we can't afford it.

I do find a bit of dark amusement about this whole EV thing - many of the places in the USA the electricity is supplied by COAL FIRED POWER PLANTS. I would LOVE for someone to explain to me how burning COAL to recharge the electric car is going to be a net benefit to the planet!

Regarding the charging at various farms ... I know you're kidding, but if I go south from my town we have one town 45 km away, then another 100 or so km to the next town. There is literally NOTHING of substance in between.

Think of us as a sparsely populated North Dakota ...

My mother-in-law now lives with us and she's a city girl. On a recent trip out west, where we had seen perhaps 8 vehicles in 3 hours she made a comment about how sparse the traffic was. My rebuttal was that the traffic was actually rather HEAVY for this road.
    I can afford two OLD SUVs, 2000 Excursion and 2005 YukonXL. LOL!!!!! I agree with you about burning coal to generate electricity. Since regular North Dakota is sparsely populated, I can only imagine what a sparsely populated North Dakota would be like...... You said Alberta, right? I've always wanted to go there with my family. Probably should plan on spending a month to allow for drive time....
    11-23-17 11:04 AM
    Best phone I've ever owned and I'd still be using it if it wasn't for BB10 slowly going end of life.
    11-23-17 11:05 AM
    I can afford two OLD SUVs, 2000 Excursion and 2005 YukonXL. LOL!!!!! I agree with you about burning coal to generate electricity. Since regular North Dakota is sparsely populated, I can only imagine what a sparsely populated North Dakota would be like...... You said Alberta, right? I've always wanted to go there with my family. Probably should plan on spending a month to allow for drive time....
    I'm actually in Manitoba, right on the Saskatchewan border - a little mining town named Flin Flon. Seriously, that's the name.
    I mentioned Edmonton (Alberta) because I have a kid living there. It's a 12 hour drive.

If you go to Alberta, I think you'd need a couple of weeks: I think that Florida to the Canadian border is likely shorter than the distance from me to Edmonton. If you do go to Alberta, you MUST visit Banff, Lake Louise and possibly Jasper. Some of the most incredibly beautiful areas on the planet, ranking right up there with what I've seen of the Grand Canyon.
    Just don't feed the wildlife or try to pet bears.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    11-23-17 01:59 PM