What about battery efficiency ? I was pretty unimpressed in my short time with BB10, while Android's power management has come a long way since 4.3 days
    In my experience, the less Android apps on a BB10 phone, the better the battery life.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-18 08:04 AM
    In my experience, the less Android apps on a BB10 phone, the better the battery life.

Posted via CB10
    That sucks lol its not even "the less Android apps being used on a BB10"
    12-02-18 08:11 AM
    That sucks lol its not even "the less Android apps being used on a BB10"
    Well, my attitude is that, if someone wants Android apps they will run much, much better on an Android device instead of in an old emulator stuck on Jellybean on 5 year-old hardware!

BB10 was never intended to run Android apps in that emulator beyond 2015.

The best thing about BB10 is that is isn't Android. Trying to use it as an Android device is fine for tweakers who like to play with their phones, but is just silly to me. I run BB10 for what it does better than Android, not to imitate a four year-old Android Jellybean Phone!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Last edited by bb10adopter111; 12-02-18 at 01:21 PM.
    jmorgan456 and bb9900user2018 like this.
    12-02-18 12:09 PM
    Well, my attitude is that, if someone wants Android apps they will run much, much better on an Android device instead of in an old emulator stuck on Lollipop on 5 year-old hardware!

The best thing about BB10 is that is isn't Android. Trying to use it as an Android device is fine for tweakers who like to play with their phones, but is just silly to me. I run BB10 for what it does better than Android, not to imitate a four year-old Android Lollipop phone!

Jellybean, not Lollipop.
    12-02-18 12:15 PM
    Jellybean, not Lollipop.
    Thanks. Corrected!
    12-02-18 01:20 PM
    Well, my attitude is that, if someone wants Android apps they will run much, much better on an Android device instead of in an old emulator stuck on Jellybean on 5 year-old hardware!

The best thing about BB10 is that is isn't Android. Trying to use it as an Android device is fine for tweakers who like to play with their phones, but is just silly to me. I run BB10 for what it does better than Android, not to imitate a four year-old Android Jellybean Phone!

Right, but you know that you can’t just single carry around your Z10 these days...
    12-02-18 02:27 PM
    Right, but you know that you can’t just single carry around your Z10 these days...
    Maybe you can't. I can and do most of the time. I don't have any business critical apps that don't run on BB10 from BlackBerry World.

My KEYone is mostly a toy for me. I use it so that I can support others who rely on Android. I also use an iPad for the same reason.

The two devices I can't live without are my Z10/Passport and my Win10 Laptop. I don't go anywhere without both of them.
    12-02-18 02:33 PM
    Maybe you can't. I can and do most of the time. I don't have any business critical apps that don't run on BB10 from BlackBerry World.

My KEYone is mostly a toy for me. I use it so that I can support others who rely on Android. I also use an iPad for the same reason.

The two devices I can't live without are my Z10/Passport and my Win10 Laptop. I don't go anywhere without both of them.
    If you're so reliant on a BB10 slab, why not at least upgrade to a Z30 which has better battery life I suppose (and OLED screen I believe)
    12-02-18 04:03 PM
    If you're so reliant on a BB10 slab, why not at least upgrade to a Z30 which has better battery life I suppose (and OLED screen I believe)
    Several easons:

1) I prefer the Z10 screen in daylight.
    2) The Z30 is larger, and smaller is better for me.
    3) I'm on AT&T, and my Z10 and Passport both have all the right bands.
    4) The Z10 has swappable batteries so battery life isn't an issue.
    5) The Z10's performance on native apps is as fast as I can possibly use. The Z30 offers no practical performance benefit.
    6) Why spend money on another BB10 phone when I own two Z10s and a Passport?

The two benefits for me of replacing my Z10 with a Z30 would be

1) FM Radio
    2) USB OtG for an external DAC.

But my Passport already offers both of those features (hough I only use my Passport occasionally).

bb9900user2018 likes this.
    12-02-18 04:17 PM
    People still using Android on BB10 are obviously sacrificing both performance and security.

That said, if I had to choose between my BB10 phones and my KEYone for my work phone, it wouldn't even be a close choice. BB10, without a single Android app, is dramatically better for me as a work phone due to its superior MS Exchange integration and UX.

Yea, the hub has yet to be replaced. They definitely run better without Android services running back grounded, taking extra RAM, and battery life.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-18 05:22 AM
    I've found my happy solution with my Classic, Note 9 and TMobile. I pay $10 a month for a SIM that I added to my classic that is essential a duplicate of my primary number (digits without the digits app). I get calls, text and of course email on my classic and keep my note 9 in briefcase. I use that for expense reports, Google news feed and travel apps. My Classic handles text, email, contacts, calendar, and calling. I love the smaller size when on the go.

Posted via CB10
    bansheeboyz likes this.
    12-03-18 08:25 AM
    I've found my happy solution with my Classic, Note 9 and TMobile. I pay $10 a month for a SIM that I added to my classic that is essential a duplicate of my primary number (digits without the digits app). I get calls, text and of course email on my classic and keep my note 9 in briefcase. I use that for expense reports, Google news feed and travel apps. My Classic handles text, email, contacts, calendar, and calling. I love the smaller size when on the go.

Posted via CB10
    I do this, too. I'm considering using my KEYone on WiFi only because I get all my time sensitive info on my BB10 phone.

Last edited by bb10adopter111; 12-03-18 at 11:51 AM.
    12-03-18 11:08 AM
    I do this, too. I'm considering using my KEYone on WiFi only because I get all my time sensitive info on my BB10 phone.

Not a bad idea. You always have the Hotspot! BB10 certainly handles email polling a heck of a lot better than android does. Absent the OS, I don't understand why we can't have a device with a solid phone, email and calendar experience that can take a tumble without the need for a fancy shockproof case.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-18 09:40 PM
    I don't understand why we can't have a device with a solid phone, email and calendar experience that can take a tumble without the need for a fancy shockproof case.

Posted via CB10
    AMEN!
    Last edited by bb10adopter111; 12-04-18 at 12:27 PM.
    jmorgan456 likes this.
    12-04-18 09:46 AM
    I have a Classic sense yesterday, no need for Android apps. Thinking of using the classic has my primary phone, if I want to watch Netflix, I'll use my LG for that matter.
    12-19-18 07:57 PM

I double carried with a Priv. It. Worked really well. I suspect the K1 will work similarly, but with a smaller screen.
    12-25-18 09:44 AM
    I have an iPhone 8 plus and a Note 8. I went back to the Classic because next semester starts soon and I need the least amount of distractions after my work day to actually get my school work done. This also allows me to work on school stuff during my work breaks.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-18 10:15 AM
    Isn't that like, the ONLY thing it's superior at lol?
    Nah... try using a keyone in a remote area away from cell towers. It just doesn't work. Z10 has much stronger signal strength and better call quality. Z10 is simply a better phone for those whom use their phone as a phone.

Hub notifications way better on z10 and so is the music player.
    Q10SQN100-1/10.3.3.3216

Posted via CB10
    12-28-18 11:10 PM
    Nah... try using a keyone in a remote area away from cell towers. It just doesn't work. Z10 has much stronger signal strength and better call quality. Z10 is simply a better phone for those whom use their phone as a phone.

Hub notifications way better on z10 and so is the music player.
    Q10SQN100-1/10.3.3.3216

Posted via CB10
    Maybe on VZW but sure isn’t the case with AT&T in my area. If the area I’m located is poor coverage, like my living room, Z, Q, PRIV, DTEK or KEYone doesn’t matter.
    12-29-18 09:23 AM
    Nah... try using a keyone in a remote area away from cell towers. It just doesn't work.
    Fair enough. Try a KEY2 LE, it demolishes the KEYone in terms of reception
    12-29-18 07:29 PM
    I have a Classic sense yesterday, no need for Android apps. Thinking of using the classic has my primary phone, if I want to watch Netflix, I'll use my LG for that matter.
    I use an LG for Netflix. It's an LG flat screen TV. For calls, texts and emails I use a Classic.
    12-30-18 02:56 AM
    As far as reception goes, on Classic I use its perfect! On DTEK50, nokia 6.1 I own, no dice in certain areas known for drop outs. Classic holds the call and data without problems. WiFi is better on both of them then on the Classic but marginally.
    Being a dumb phone, the Classic now is, I don't see better device for me. Perfect Phone, SMS and email device with a Hotspot for my Android slab, on a rare occasions when I need it...

Posted via CB10
    12-30-18 06:28 AM
47 12