Is blackberry classic still good to buy,I want it for
    Emails
    WhatsApp
    Calls
    Will it support LTE in India
    11-13-18 01:48 PM
    Good.... no.

Better off buying a newer phone that is better supported in India.
    11-13-18 02:23 PM
    Skip the Classic and go for a KEY2/LE or even a KEYone
    11-13-18 04:11 PM
    For email and calls it's fine whatsapp not so great. As the others have said, better buy a newer more updated phone and pass on the classic.
    11-13-18 06:17 PM
    Is blackberry classic still good to buy,I want it for
    Emails
    WhatsApp
    Calls
    Will it support LTE in India
    I do use WhatsApp without problems... same for emails and calls. Since I am sure the Classic is not going to be expensive I would give in your position a try. Otherwise I would move to other phones...

Posted via CB10
    11-14-18 01:44 AM
    Go for it..

Sent from my Secure BlackBerry Classic
    11-15-18 08:05 AM
    Take the classic until blackberry includes android 9pi.

Itwas a significant overhaul of android on 10yr anniversary

Bonus they're quite costeffectively available right now
    11-17-18 01:27 PM
    Yes

Posted via CB10
    11-18-18 08:45 AM
    Well I had to planned to buy a Priv or Key 2 but I have been busy and for me being busy means being on the move all the time . I have been using my Classic a lot lately running my small business here in the UK . With the key board and the BB platform I can run my office well from my Classic if you dont need the Aps then the Classic is still a fantastic work phone and also takes good photos and has a good sound output .
    jmorgan456 likes this.
    11-19-18 01:23 AM
    The Classic really is a great phone. I have a KeyONE that I had to return for service because the ear piece went dead... no sound, only a little "crackle". So, I had to put my SIM into an old Classic while it's in the shop. I've been using it again for a week now, and it looks like it will be a while. I'm actually thinking of using the Classic even when I get the KeyONE back. This is a much better keyboard, and the size is perfect. I don't use WhatsApp anymore, but most of my other Android apps work fine, just a little slower. For the basics that I have historically used a smartphone for... Calls, Text, Emails, and a little Web stuff, it works great.
    Hallsballs0 likes this.
    11-19-18 08:17 AM
    I have a Classic a PRIV and a Key2. The Classic is my favorite, but I would never buy it new to me today.

It is at end of life and various apps were failing. Whatsapp worked, but it has issues.

I love that phone, but I cannot in good conscience suggest it to you. It will have a limited lifespan at best.
    11-20-18 10:09 AM
    I still use the Classic as the daily driver, also have a DTEK50 that I switched over to for one week and went back to Classic again.

I use it for phone, text, email, OneNote, OneDrive, Dropbox, MSN Money, Sportsrate Fitness tracker, Docs to Go mostly Word, Spotify, Nobex, Music (mp3s ripped) radio FM tuner, MSN Sports. Internet browsing, Gas Buddy, Net Tools. So there are still useful apps out there!

Posted via CB10
    11-20-18 11:01 AM
    It depends on what you need.

For calls and messaging there's nothing better... Well yes the Passport
    11-21-18 08:07 AM
    It depends on what you need.

For calls and messaging there's nothing better... Well yes the Passport
    For calls and messaging and pocketability, there's nothing better! (Q10, maybe)

Posted via CB10
    11-21-18 03:51 PM
    Sure about that.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-18 05:27 AM
    Sure about that.

Posted via CB10
    Well, yes, but it's just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-18 01:06 PM
    For calls and messaging and pocketability, there's nothing better! (Q10, maybe)

Posted via CB10
    This! I have switched to Classic from my Passport SE because of this.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    11-24-18 10:46 AM
    Using my classic for txts, emails, calls; Web browsing I haven't yet run into any issues (prior to the classic I owned a 9900 and it couldn't read allot of the websites I visited any longer because of certificate issues such as news sites and that's why I switched to the classic BB10 + toolbelt). I also use the phone for work related apps (android) and they work fine. I'd like to see an up to date Classic + latest android 9pi + toolbelt. We don't know exactly what will happen at the end of 2019 other than what we know today and that is basic services might be maintained and the phone could still be functional - I'm willing to hang on and see what happens although if the phone I described above becomes available I'll pick one up.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-18 11:26 AM
    Using my classic for txts, emails, calls; Web browsing I haven't yet run into any issues (prior to the classic I owned a 9900 and it couldn't read allot of the websites I visited any longer because of certificate issues such as news sites and that's why I switched to the classic BB10 + toolbelt). I also use the phone for work related apps (android) and they work fine. I'd like to see an up to date Classic + latest android 9pi + toolbelt. We don't know exactly what will happen at the end of 2019 other than what we know today and that is basic services might be maintained and the phone could still be functional - I'm willing to hang on and see what happens although if the phone I described above becomes available I'll pick one up.

Posted via CB10
    By December of 2019 perhaps they will going to shutdown blackberry world on all BB10 OS..too bad!! Really..

11-28-18 04:03 AM
    By December of 2019 perhaps they will going to shutdown blackberry world on all BB10 OS..too bad!! Really..

Not to mention all the Android apps that won't work by then, or the battery drain of those which do work lol
    11-28-18 04:33 AM
    Not to mention all the Android apps that won't work by then, or the battery drain of those which do work lol
    Regarding that I don't know about it..i hope bbm still works by that time

12-02-18 12:41 AM
    People still using Android on BB10 are obviously sacrificing both performance and security.

That said, if I had to choose between my BB10 phones and my KEYone for my work phone, it wouldn't even be a close choice. BB10, without a single Android app, is dramatically better for me as a work phone due to its superior MS Exchange integration and UX.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    12-02-18 02:05 AM
    People still using Android on BB10 are obviously sacrificing both performance and security.

That said, if I had to choose between my BB10 phones and my KEYone for my work phone, it wouldn't even be a close choice. BB10, without a single Android app, is dramatically better for me as a work phone due to its superior MS Exchange integration and UX.

Isn't that like, the ONLY thing it's superior at lol?
    12-02-18 02:26 AM
    Isn't that like, the ONLY thing it's superior at lol?
    That, call and sound quality, the handling of downloaded audio files, reader mode in the official browser, and, most importantly, form factor, UI for task switching and general usability.

For most people, none of that matters because they want an app platform and a large screen, but IMO those are the only things that Android does better than BB10/BBOS, and I don't care about either.

jmorgan456 and bb9900user2018 like this.
    12-02-18 07:07 AM
    What about battery efficiency ? I was pretty unimpressed in my short time with BB10, while Android's power management has come a long way since 4.3 days
    12-02-18 07:56 AM
47 12