Do we know anything about the Classic's speakers?
    How do they compare to the Z30s?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    World War Z30 likes this.
    12-17-14 01:09 PM
    I was surprised actually that no one had asked about the speakers until now. Don't get how people can be so obsessed over the SoC that's in the phone, without even asking about the speakers! I really do hope they will be as awesome as the Z30 ones are. I used to have a Nokia N900 and really enjoyed the great speakers that it had, but the Z30 ones are even better!
    12-17-14 01:40 PM
    I was very disappointed when I read it the CrackBerry review of the Classic, they stated the speakers aren't stereo (unlike the Passport): only one of the two speaker grills is an actual speaker, the other one is just a fake for design purposes. BlackBerry keeps mentioning how premium the Classic is, yet this decision alone lets me doubt that statement. It reminds me of the Nokia X7, marketed as a music and multimedia phone, it has four speaker grills, two of them were just fakes for the design. People weren't happy about it either.

Posted via CB10
    Z30Commission and phylez like this.
    12-17-14 01:49 PM
    I don't like the idea of fake speaker grills but how much stereo separation would you get on a small phone? Maybe one larger speaker could be better than two

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 03:48 PM
    Somebody said the right was a speaker and the left one was a microphone

I have decided this phone is not for me I'm going with q10(cheaper (same phone)) . The passport is a little too wide for me.

#tired of typing on glass
    Last edited by blckberry4life; 12-17-14 at 05:07 PM.
    12-17-14 03:55 PM
    I was very disappointed when I read it the CrackBerry review of the Classic, they stated the speakers aren't stereo (unlike the Passport): only one of the two speaker grills is an actual speaker, the other one is just a fake for design purposes. BlackBerry keeps mentioning how premium the Classic is, yet this decision alone lets me doubt that statement. It reminds me of the Nokia X7, marketed as a music and multimedia phone, it has four speaker grills, two of them were just fakes for the design. People weren't happy about it either.

Posted via CB10

That's how the iphone6 is, they use the excuse that the mic is under one grill, but it's mostly for looks.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 05:15 PM
    I didn't know that, thanks. Yet I think this is misleading in terms of design, especially since many people talked about dual speakers since the first decent pics of the Classic appeared.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 05:22 PM
    That's how the iphone6 is, they use the excuse that the mic is under one grill, but it's mostly for looks.

Posted via CB10
    Except that the iPhone 6 and 6Plus only have one speaker grill.....
    12-17-14 09:32 PM
    It's about iphone 4/4s/5.
    12-17-14 09:36 PM
    Except that the iPhone 6 and 6Plus only have one speaker grill.....
    One of the dumb things does... or I am thinking of some other phone floating around my wife had.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 09:59 PM
    One of the dumb things does... or I am thinking of some other phone floating around my wife had.

Posted via CB10
    Lol no the models before it had 2 (4-5S).
    12-17-14 10:01 PM
    Lol the grill on the left isn't a "fake"

Think iPhone 4

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 10:31 PM