I've installed the Google Play Store onto my Classic and it is great. I am running most android apps with little problems except that some of the messaging apps will not get any notifications. Snap Chat is working for me except for when I try to take a picture and send it. When I take a picture the screen just turns blanks. Right now I can only send videos. Is anyone else having this problem and have been able to fix it?

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 04:40 PM
    Android apps don't get notifications in BB10...at least that's what I have found. Don't expect them to show cause most of them won't.
    01-04-15 05:00 PM
    I use SnapChat on my Q10, you have to allow filters, so when you take a picture, slide right or left for filters to take action, the regular picture won't show but the ones with filters will.

Posted via CB10
    maxbb81 likes this.
    01-04-15 09:41 PM
    There is a native-ish app available
    But since I don't support the dev (due to illegal activity by dev, lack of support, and rumors or him ripping people off), I won't link the app here
    If you wanna give it a go, you can find it in BBW
    01-04-15 09:50 PM
    I tried to swipe for the filters but the picture isn't showing. It's still a dark screen.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 11:15 PM
    Android apps don't get notifications in BB10...at least that's what I have found. Don't expect them to show cause most of them won't.
    This has nothing to do with what he was asking lol

OP try snap10
    01-04-15 11:35 PM
    Similar question, but I'm not able to type any text, to leave a not on my picture.
    A friend sent me a screen shot and goes when i use the pen tool to write something, it goes off the screen. Not really possible as my classic is smaller than the s4...

Anyone encounter this? Going to try and uninstall, reboot, reinstall, reboot and see what happens.
    01-06-15 09:32 AM
    I don't use snapchat, but I installed it once to try it. I got the "google play services" error. Did you get the same thing? Have you tried to patch the snapchat apk and try to use it again after?
    01-06-15 09:57 AM
    I don't use snapchat, but I installed it once to try it. I got the "google play services" error. Did you get the same thing? Have you tried to patch the snapchat apk and try to use it again after?
    Yeah, I still get that all the time. I was debating to download the "google play services" from Snap, but wasn't sure if it's something the BB can do.
    How does one patch the apk?....

I did uninstall, reboot, install, reboot. Still acting the same and cannot type anything. People are saying my snaps come a bit weird when I send them out. Oh well.
    01-06-15 11:45 AM
    You have to swipe down from top of screen and change the size to the square or rectangle setting ( one that is furthest right). That should all the pictures to show up although they become a little distorted.
    01-26-15 07:13 PM
    The Android version of Snapchat is not worth it on the Q10. I can't send snaps just like you. I also can't see the entire photo that someone sends me.

I use a third party application from BlackBerry World (I recommend Snap10). I would just like to warn you that if Snapchat finds out you're using a third party application, they could delete your account. So far I haven't run into any trouble.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    01-26-15 11:15 PM
    I use the snapchat android version on my q10. Snap10 doesn't seem to work well, pictures are cropped even more than the android version, as well as the pictures that other receive from me.

I use the rectangle setting on the android version (one all the way to the right) it works ok, pics are still cropped a bit and sometimes it takes several tries to get the text box to pop up.

I use version 8.0.1, newest version didn't work for me.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 07:08 AM
    I've installed the Google Play Store onto my Classic and it is great. I am running most android apps with little problems except that some of the messaging apps will not get any notifications. Snap Chat is working for me except for when I try to take a picture and send it. When I take a picture the screen just turns blanks. Right now I can only send videos. Is anyone else having this problem and have been able to fix it?

Posted via CB10
    Just download Snap10

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    01-29-15 08:00 AM
    The Android version of Snapchat is not worth it on the Q10. I can't send snaps just like you. I also can't see the entire photo that someone sends me.

I use a third party application from BlackBerry World (I recommend Snap10). I would just like to warn you that if Snapchat finds out you're using a third party application, they could delete your account. So far I haven't run into any trouble.

If they delete my account, I'll never turn back. Their choice

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 10:35 AM

With snap10 you are able to view the entire pic? Also when I send a pic through snap10 it shows up on only a quarter of the screen on the receivers phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 11:30 AM
    With snap10 you are able to view the entire pic? Also when I send a pic through snap10 it shows up on only a quarter of the screen on the receivers phone.

Posted via CB10
    I'm on a Z30 and it works perfectly to friends with iPhones and Androids

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    01-29-15 11:38 AM
    Hmm. This is interesting. I'm not sure I am certain about getting the classic anymore. Snapchat and notifications are important to me..
    01-29-15 12:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    You can view the entire photo that someone sends you. However, your photo does unfortunately only show up on a small portion of their screen... But you never have to deal with that, so the only person who suffers is the person receiving the picture.

This is the case with the Q10. It's not perfect, but at least it works.
    01-29-15 08:26 PM