Hello

I am a new Blackberry Classic user. I just love it, but I'm currently facing a very annoying problem. I have a brand new phone and battery running on the latest version BB10. My battery drains at a normal pace, but always somewhere around 30% battery juice, the Classic shuts off itself randomly, which is so annoying. Does anyone have a solution? I really love my phone and don't want another one. I'm only running WhatsApp and Messenger Lite and I occasionally use the browser version of YouTube.

Thanks in advance!
    10-28-20 04:48 PM
    A "brand new phone" that was manufactured in late summer of 2014, which means the battery sat on a shelf degrading for the last 6 years, because after about 6 months, the battery would have been completely dead, and has spent around 5 and a half years dead, and that's very bad for a rechargeable battery. You need to buy a replacement battery (which will be 1-2 years newer) and get it swapped out and hopefully you'll be back in business. Don't bother looking for factory batteries - they'll all be as old as the one in your phone and likely just as degraded. You'll need an aftermarket battery.
    10-28-20 09:54 PM
    A "brand new phone" that was manufactured in late summer of 2014, which means the battery sat on a shelf degrading for the last 6 years, because after about 6 months, the battery would have been completely dead, and has spent around 5 and a half years dead, and that's very bad for a rechargeable battery. You need to buy a replacement battery (which will be 1-2 years newer) and get it swapped out and hopefully you'll be back in business. Don't bother looking for factory batteries - they'll all be as old as the one in your phone and likely just as degraded. You'll need an aftermarket battery.
    Thank you for reply, sir. What I was trying to say was that the phone itself has never been used and that I had the Battery replaced last week. Any other suggestions?
    10-29-20 01:56 AM
    Thank you for reply, sir. What I was trying to say was that the phone itself has never been used and that I had the Battery replaced last week. Any other suggestions?
    Something wrong about the battery replacement. Most likely the replacement battery is degraded as well.
    10-29-20 07:42 AM
    Yeah odds are your just having a bad time with batteries.... I'd order a couple from different sources.

That said, even new in the box phones can be duds....
    10-29-20 09:35 AM
    Yeah odds are your just having a bad time with batteries.... I'd order a couple from different sources.

That said, even new in the box phones can be duds....
    Manny aftermarket batteries are junk as well.
    10-29-20 06:48 PM