My Classic is less than two years old and I'm using it mainly for communication and web browsing (using the default browser). For a few days it's showing the following behaviour:

• The battery status is somewhere between 40 and 80 percent
    • I'm starting the web browser and it seem to take unusually long
    • A few seconds after the browser has started, the phone displays in a black box: "Das Geraet wird ausgeschaltet" (I'm running a German version of the OS - the message means "The device will be shut down")
    • And that's what it actually will do - it turns off itself.

When I try to turn it on again, it shows the "battery too low" flash, so I hook it up to the charger. After two to three minutes, the battery would be back to the original level - or even higher.

So far the problem only occured when trying to web-browse - but not always. There are phases in between when I can use the phone just normally.

I've the feeling the problem has only started occuring since the last OS update. I'm running 10.3.3.1435 now.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
    01-13-18 09:24 AM
    my classic purchased in 2015 has deteriorated within the last 10 days. Today it will no longer hold a charge. The blackberry website states the battery is not replaceable.
    There are batteries available on Amazon, Verizon no longer stocks, nor does my local battery store.
    I'm really frustrated that my blackberry is only two years old and I'm hitting dead ends.
    I expect more from Blackberry. I've had a pearl, a curve and this classic.
    It feels like throwing my Volvo in the trash because of a flat tire.
    I'm just hot about it.....
    01-13-18 09:54 AM
    same thing happened to my classic,I have reloaded the OS with a fresh one using autoloader I even replaced the battery witth a new one,im starting to think that this can be a sabotage from bb itself

Posted via CB10
    01-13-18 11:05 AM
    same thing happened to my classic,I have reloaded the OS with a fresh one using autoloader I even replaced the battery witth a new one,im starting to think that this can be a sabotage from bb itself

Posted via CB10
    Seriously?
    What would be the reason for sabotaging a device with an EOL OS and insignificant number of users?
    01-13-18 11:20 AM
    Seriously?
    What would be the reason for sabotaging a device with an EOL OS and insignificant number of users?
    aaaa,let me think,hard question.aaaaaaa.....because of the f.. blackdroid propaganda..thats why...this what they do starting 2-3 years ago(they even payed Kevin to close one eye),of course now are few left...
    01-13-18 02:20 PM
    Had the same problem after 2,5 years. It's the battery, replace it! There are also some other threads here discussing this...

Posted via CB10
    01-13-18 05:51 PM
    Battery... really??? Conspiracy theory was going to be fun.... Buzz kill
    LSDBerry likes this.
    01-13-18 05:55 PM
    Go to the file manager, delete every cache, and probably u could find some unknown sites, use original charger, go to browser, setting, delete empty files and caches and history; set Google as search; delete non native application, don't go to amazon appstore : those are not compatible to OS software; would advise to go to battery , check every app and delete unwanted data; refresh and check. I faced such similar issues months ago, now my classic running very smooth.
    Pg sheng , malaysia
    BB classic

Pg sheng BB classic Malaysia
    01-13-18 09:33 PM
    Thank you all for your feedback, ideas and suggestions. Using only the original charger helped for a while, but the phone went off another time just today. I think I'll go for a battery replacement - or just live with the trouble...

Regards,
    Frank
    02-05-18 02:35 PM
    replace the battery but be aware,there will be many charging cycles untill will settle.It took months for my new battery to get back to normal.Try to find the momment when will sudden shut down,mine was at 29%,and charge before it reach that point,do that for a few weeks or more.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-18 02:49 PM
    weed?

Posted via CB10
    02-10-18 01:08 AM