My wife just FaceTimed me and let me know she was having issues with her Classic. The screen has black, white and grey lines going vertical up and down throughout the whole screen but the phone still works with phone calls and other items. However, she can't see the screen because of the lines.

Secondly, she says the device gets really hot in the top left corner of the device. So hot she can't touch it for more than a few seconds.

Any help would be appreciated.

04-20-15 09:20 PM
    Get her to try a hard restart on the phone by holding down the Power/Lock key at the top of the phone for ~10 seconds, ignoring the shut down screen, carrier logo (if applicable), and BlackBerry Classic logo. Release the key once the BlackBerry 10 OS loading screen (with the BlackBerry logo and progress indicator) appears on the screen, hopefully that will clear this up. If not, there may be a hardware issue occurring in which case you will need to contact the original point of purchase for warranty repair/replacement.
    04-20-15 09:43 PM
    It sounds to me like it's a hardware issue. I would go to the place you purchased it and use the 1 year warranty you get with the device. Good luck!
    04-20-15 09:45 PM
    I second what Zeridialous said, try to perform a hard reset first. If that doesn't help, you might also want to try wiping the phone and perform a clean install of the latest official OS. If that doesn't help either, I fear it's time for a warranty claim

Please keep us updates with any progress, as it might help others with similar issues.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 06:48 AM