Anybody seen this happen to them?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nes55kld73...creen.mp4?dl=0

It started doing this out of nowhere yesterday making the phone unusable. I tried turning it off overnight and it seemed to have fixed itself...then an hour later it started up again. Not even a year old Classic! What gives?

EDIT: sorry not sure how else to embed the video!
    Last edited by 54321bammm; 10-29-15 at 11:07 AM.
    10-29-15 02:43 AM
    Your link is asking me to sign in....

But I believe I have the same problem as you for the past couple days...

I can't figure it out... it's swiping and selecting things on its own....

I've done a security wipe... same problem...
    I've done the autoloader twice.... same problem...

Which leak are you on? I'm on 2789

I've only installed the updated bbm since I've done the autoload... so I don't think it's some android app..
    10-29-15 10:26 AM
    Hi,

I too having the same problem since today. The screen going crazy by doing various actions like opening an application, making a call automatically. Sometime the screen looks non responsive too.

Any help on this issue would be great, as I need to fix this soon

Many Thanks
    10-29-15 10:31 AM
    Maybe it's the new bbm update? Not THE latest one... but the one from before
    10-29-15 10:34 AM
    Sorry. I have updated the link and posted below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nes55kld73...creen.mp4?dl=0

YES its the same problem. It just takes over on its own and no matter where I swipe it'll do its own thing. I honestly don't pay much attention to my OS updates anymore but I am currently on 10.3.2.858. Software release 10.3.2.556. Build ID 857418

I've left it all day and it seems to have stopped...but I stopped using it all together for the time being and went to my Iphone. This is not reliable.

Just checked for updates as well and it says I'm on the latest software. I am using a AT&T Classic.
    10-29-15 11:11 AM
    I've seen 9900 trackpads go "sun crazy"... are you in the sun? Haven't seen that on our Classics tho... yet... Someone posted earlier this year about something that sounded similar. I'll see if i can track it down.
    10-29-15 11:21 AM
    I've seen 9900 trackpads go "sun crazy"... are you in the sun? Haven't seen that on our Classics tho... yet... Someone posted earlier this year about something that sounded similar. I'll see if i can track it down.
    No this has happened indoors mainly... I actually rarely use my phone outside
    10-29-15 11:43 AM
    Hi,

I too having the same problem since today. The screen going crazy by doing various actions like opening an application, making a call automatically. Sometime the screen looks non responsive too.

Any help on this issue would be great, as I need to fix this soon

Many Thanks
    I watched the vid... yes.. that exact same thing has been happening to mine...

So far today though, it's not acting up
    10-29-15 11:45 AM
    Are you using a tempered glass screen protector?
    10-29-15 11:45 AM
    Are you using a tempered glass screen protector?
    I am. But I have since the beginning. Not sure why that would make a difference now.
    10-29-15 10:09 PM
    That sucks. Remove the screen protector and see if the problem stops. I would be doing anything I possibly could to fix that crazy glitch.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 02:21 AM
    What's crazy is that it seems so intermittent.... I can not faithfully reproduce the issue....

I was thinking maaaaaaybe the glass screen protector was slowly building some type of charge... but that's a reach of a guess... I can't think of anything else other than a hardware problem with the digitizer
    11-01-15 08:39 AM
    I agree I just got my classic back from warranty and it started doing the same thing the track point jumping and highlighting things

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 06:32 PM
    Yes Jaewoo I haven't gotten it to reproduce the issue so I can't really show warranty what the issue is. I wonder if I should send it in but I'm in HK and its not as easy as PO boxing it. Decisions decisions.

I haven't touched the phone for a week. Every time I go on it it seems to be OK. To be honest as much as I love the keyboard it hasn't been TOO bad using the Iphone fulltime. Not a good sign from a BB user since 2008. 8 phones later I'm finally starting to lose faith...sad to say.
    11-02-15 10:26 AM
    I had a trackpad issue. When outside in the sun my screen did that. If I put my thumb over the trackpad it stopped. I ended up putting black electical tape over it for about two weeks. One day I took the tape off. The trackpad had some remaining stickiness on it from the tape. So I cleaned it with a cotton rag....lots of rubbing back and forth with some pressure on it (not insane amounts of pressure). It's been fine ever since. I had read about others cleaning it to solve their problem. Maybe cleaning is the answer. Maybe pressing pretty firm on it while cleaning it is the way. Not sure. I know mine is working fine now in very direct sunlight.
    11-02-15 06:10 PM
    just got a classic, so this is more of a hardware issue rather than software issue it seems?
    11-02-15 09:00 PM
    Well.. I hope I'm not speaking too early.. but I have since taken off the tempered glass protector and haven't seen the screen go crazy...
    11-13-15 05:13 PM
    I sold my Z30 and purchased a mint condition Classic for $240 on eBay. Since I got it I have had intermittent issues with the screen. Seems to start flickering when I'm in a lower light situation. Not darkness, just dim lighting. It will just start flickering and get very dim. Just did it as I'm typing this. I have a lamp on behind me and if I turn the phone away from the light it will begin flickering. As if it doesn't know how to handle the change in lighting. Great phone so far but the flickering has caused me to resort back to my iPhone 6 for right now until I figure out how to resolve this. Any ideas would be appreciated. It's a Verizon Classic running 10.3.2.2639.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 05:36 PM
    I had a trackpad issue. When outside in the sun my screen did that. If I put my thumb over the trackpad it stopped. I ended up putting black electical tape over it for about two weeks. One day I took the tape off. The trackpad had some remaining stickiness on it from the tape. So I cleaned it with a cotton rag....lots of rubbing back and forth with some pressure on it (not insane amounts of pressure). It's been fine ever since. I had read about others cleaning it to solve their problem. Maybe cleaning is the answer. Maybe pressing pretty firm on it while cleaning it is the way. Not sure. I know mine is working fine now in very direct sunlight.
    Consensus among my crew was that micro scratches on the trackpad surface creates some kind of fresnel type of surface refraction in sunlight. Best guess hypothesis anyway. We had great success with dry polishing rouge on soft cloth on our 9900s. NOT liquid ANYthing! Later 9900 keyboards became cheap enough to simply replace. Not so simple or cheap on our Classic's tho. Amazingly, my crew hasn't seen this on Classic, yet. I'm predicting that some of us might get proficient at track pad polishing at some point, tho. Lol A labor of love!
    11-15-15 04:31 PM
    I sold my Z30 and purchased a mint condition Classic for $240 on eBay. Since I got it I have had intermittent issues with the screen. Seems to start flickering when I'm in a lower light situation. Not darkness, just dim lighting. It will just start flickering and get very dim. Just did it as I'm typing this. I have a lamp on behind me and if I turn the phone away from the light it will begin flickering. As if it doesn't know how to handle the change in lighting. Great phone so far but the flickering has caused me to resort back to my iPhone 6 for right now until I figure out how to resolve this. Any ideas would be appreciated. It's a Verizon Classic running 10.3.2.2639.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm, have you tried adjusting screen brightness? Just to see response? I'm not aware of any way to disable "Automatically Dim Backlight" on BB10 but haven't felt the need. Someone around here might know?? Might start a thread?
    11-15-15 05:00 PM
    Anybody seen this happen to them?

[video]https://www.dropbox.com/s/nes55kld735l1zw/BB%20classic%20screen.mp4?dl=0[/url]

It started doing this out of nowhere yesterday making the phone unusable. I tried turning it off overnight and it seemed to have fixed itself...then an hour later it started up again. Not even a year old Classic! What gives?

EDIT: sorry not sure how else to embed the video!
    I can't see your video but if your problem is a ghost like imaginary finger swiping and tapping about on your screen opening, closing, dialing and selecting arbitrarily and intermittently then we have the same problem and there doesn't appear to be any obvious way on the internet to get it fixed...

I have this issue and it seems to be a hardware issue. Even when I am wiping or reloading the OS I can see the little percentage update thing come on and off on its own like someone is touching it for a brief moment.

I have no prof of purchase but the phone itself is less than a year old and I show it nothing but gentle love so this shouldn't be an issue. I am sure BlackBerry won't look at it for me anyways without that proof. I have seen a few unsolved threads on the internet and I am not sure what to do...

I am going to take it to cell phone place here in the Falls and see if they have heard of the issue or if they can help me.

If I get lucky and it all works out, I'll post back. If not...idk what I'll do...
    11-16-15 01:19 PM
    Icniagara. When your screen starts acting up again just place your thumb over the trackpad (i.e. Just cover it). See if the screen stabilizes.
    icniagara likes this.
    11-16-15 05:09 PM
    Icniagara. When your screen starts acting up again just place your thumb over the trackpad (i.e. Just cover it). See if the screen stabilizes.
    Excitedly I tried your suggestion ... and it made no difference. I had the trackpad covered and it still was going nutty.

This thing is going more haywire than ever.

Thanks for trying gswalter.

Also I got some quotes for around $200 to replace the screen...not sure if that will help or not and I am not sure if I wan to sink more cash into this machine...
    11-16-15 08:43 PM
    Try using a dry soft cloth to clean the screen. Really scrub it to ensure nothing is on it. Do the same to the trackpad. I had the same thing happen to me (wild screen) and in my case it was the trackpad misbehaving when I was in direct sunlight. I covered it with black tape to stop it. Two weeks later I removed the tape and had to wipe off the little bit of stickiness that was on the trackpad. I scrubbed it somewhat hard as I was not using any liquid. My crazy screen behavior is now gone. I must have had SOMETHING on the trackpad that could not see. Good luck! Hope you figure it out.
    icniagara likes this.
    11-17-15 04:20 AM
    I followed your tips gswalter to a tee with no luck. I am phone shopping right now and I have no idea what I am going to do with this $450 paperweight...anybody want to buy a Classic with a haunted screen? I know where you can get a good deal...
    11-17-15 09:31 AM
27 12