Hello,

I just got myself a new bb Classic yesterday. When the guy I was buying it from took the phone out of the box, it had the classic Blackberry analogue clock a a save screen. To be clear, it wasn't the red clock you get for night time mode by sliding you thumb from up to bottom. It was the white clock that I remember having on my first BB classic back in 2015.
    What I have now on my save screen is a digital clock with my calendar info "Next event .... 10am (1hr)..."

I have googled it and found a couple of threads here but they seemed to concentrate on getting that red night time mode clock which is not what I am looking for.

Am I mistaken about this possibility ?

Thank you for reading.
    11-18-20 01:15 AM
    Sounds like the standard screen on any BlackBerry OS10 to me in standby mode.
    If the device ist switched on and screen is black and you press the power button on the top of the Classic to switch the screen off to black that "digital clock" will showing up once you press the power button again, that's the situations before you swipe from bottom to top or hit any key on the toolbelt or the touch pad to get the "Login" screen to enter your device password.
    This is not a screen saver but the standby mode.

That clock you described would be the screen you have seen as the guy pulled it out of the box, the device was already running without going through the boot process.

 Classic  Passport  OS10.3.3.3216
    Last edited by BB-nomade; 11-18-20 at 12:28 PM.
    11-18-20 12:15 PM
    Ok thank you for you answer. I guess I was confused about that clock situation. Not a vital feature anyhow.
    11-19-20 02:11 AM
    Ok thank you for you answer. I guess I was confused about that clock situation. Not a vital feature anyhow.
    Sounds like the seller just had the clock app open when you saw the screen.
    11-19-20 10:28 AM
    Yep not a vital feature, but a very handy feature ;-)
    Like using your Classic as a pocket watch sort of way, for a quick checking out for the actually Time of the moment without the need to unlock the device it comes in very handy, and mind you this clock screen gives you notices for email, sms, BBM and notifications and how many arrived, just by pressing the power button ;-)

 Classic  Passport  OS10.3.3.3216
    11-19-20 12:07 PM