Any chance we could ever see a software upgrade for us loyal blackberry supporters moving the os from bb10 to an android OS?

Or would blackberry release a new classic that runs android.

I feel this would be the best of both worlds. The physical keyboard, feel and size of a premium device and still have blackberry hub but run on android that provides the app support of Google play store.

My 2 cents...

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 04:25 AM
    Android on a 720x720 square screen? That won't mix well at all

Posted via CB10 v....not telling
    10-22-15 04:44 AM
    If there ever will be a refresh of an old BlackBerry running Android, it would probably be the Passport. If.

Square screens are bizarre enough w/r/t Android, but having a larger one alleviates the fact that little if any apps take 1:1 screens in mind.
    10-22-15 04:51 AM
    I love the idea. Dual boot sound good kakkakka

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 09:37 PM
    This is also my dream...
    02-10-17 05:22 PM
    Tried Android, not a fan of it.

Posted via CB10
    dts32041 likes this.
    02-10-17 10:10 PM
    Tried the K1 still prefer the BB10 OS. Physical keyboard on the K! feels awkward. Back the the Classic for a while
    10-19-17 09:19 AM
    Any chance we could ever see a software upgrade for us loyal blackberry supporters moving the os from bb10 to an android OS?

NO. How would BB justify this economically????
    That's like me pulling my 2013 GMC truck with the 5.3 l engine into the GM dealer and saying, "Dude, I see that you guys are offering the 6.2 l engine in 2017 now - how about slapping one in my old truck because I've had 3 GM trucks in a row??!!"

Or would blackberry release a new classic that runs android.

Posted via CB10
    They call this the KEYONE. You can buy it at a variety of outlets.
    10-19-17 09:41 AM
    I'd like to see my old Torch 9810 upgraded to BB10 but it's just not going to happen.

As others have mentioned, the KEYone is the closest thing you're going to find at this time. It's understandably not for everyone with its larger size compared to the Classic but holding your breath for what your asking is a sure way to run out of oxygen. It's just simply not going to happen.

One can hope that something smaller or closer in form to the Classic might make an appearance down the road. However, with the requirements for the screen ratio being what they are in order to run Android, it's still really unlikely. A KEYone mini perhaps? But the Classic is just that now: a Classic BlackBerry. Definitely no longer a 'current' one!
    10-19-17 09:52 AM
    They call this the KEYONE. You can buy it at a variety of outlets.
    Nope. The K1 is a completely different, much larger form factor that lacks the toolbelt and trackpad.

Not even close to the same thing.
    10-20-17 01:14 PM
    Nope. The K1 is a completely different, much larger form factor that lacks the toolbelt and trackpad.

Not even close to the same thing.
    Ok ... I see your point - my 2013 GMC truck is a bit different than a 1955 one - never mind that the new one is a much better truck in every respect ...
    10-20-17 01:58 PM
    Ok ... I see your point - my 2013 GMC truck is a bit different than a 1955 one - never mind that the new one is a much better truck in every respect ...
    No, you don't see my point. The form factors are different. You are trying to compare your 2013 GMC truck to a 2005 Subaru Impreza.

Surely you can understand why someone who wants a Subaru Impreza would not settle for a GMC truck?
    10-20-17 04:33 PM
    No, you don't see my point. The form factors are different. You are trying to compare your 2013 GMC truck to a 2005 Subaru Impreza.

Surely you can understand why someone who wants a Subaru Impreza would not settle for a GMC truck?
    Ewwwww ... my kid likes Imprezas - give me a Camaro SS any day.

I was thinking of form factors - the 1955 truck is much smaller in the cab, could hold a maximum of 3 people, probably couldn't pull a trailer.
    My newer truck is much larger, holds 6 people, pulls a trailer, hauls double or triple the amount of wood that the 1955 does ....
    gets better gas mileage, etc.

Although I went from a Classic to a PRIV (KeyONE wasn't out yet) I find the larger is quite satisfying to me. The Classic screen wasn't much fun compared to the PRIV's.
    10-20-17 04:48 PM
    Ewwwww ... my kid likes Imprezas - give me a Camaro SS any day.

I was thinking of form factors - the 1955 truck is much smaller in the cab, could hold a maximum of 3 people, probably couldn't pull a trailer.
    My newer truck is much larger, holds 6 people, pulls a trailer, hauls double or triple the amount of wood that the 1955 does ....
    gets better gas mileage, etc.

Although I went from a Classic to a PRIV (KeyONE wasn't out yet) I find the larger is quite satisfying to me. The Classic screen wasn't much fun compared to the PRIV's.
    That's great. You like your GMC truck.

Not everyone likes GMC trucks.

Some of us like the Classic because it's smaller. We like the smaller screen. We like the trackpad instead of the capacitive touch keyboard. We like being able to navigate around the OS without having to touch the screen at all if we don't want to. We like having physical call, menu, and back buttons. We like being able to use our device with one hand.

I know it can be difficult to grasp, but there are still people out there using the Classic because they like it, not because they have no other choice.
    10-20-17 04:59 PM

Some of us like the Classic because it's smaller. We like the smaller screen. We like the trackpad instead of the capacitive touch keyboard. We like being able to navigate around the OS without having to touch the screen at all if we don't want to. We like having physical call, menu, and back buttons. We like being able to use our device with one hand.

I know it can be difficult to grasp, but there are still people out there using the Classic because they like it, not because they have no other choice.
    I will grant you the point on the trackpad - even on the PRIV I would sometimes like the trackpad back.
    10-20-17 05:03 PM
    I will grant you the point on the trackpad - even on the PRIV I would sometimes like the trackpad back.
    The problem I have with capacitive keyboards - and I've used both a Passport and PRIV - is that I've developed a typing technique that requires some "sliding" and "rolling" from one key to another. On a non-capacitive keyboard, it's become a lightning-fast method of input for me. But capacitive keyboards want to move the cursor all around or scroll the page up or down while I'm typing and it becomes a very frustrating experience for me.
    10-20-17 05:07 PM

Too bad there's not enough people that want smaller and PKB. The KEYone was the PKB attempt to pick size that would sell the most PKB devices and possible show a profit. I don't think any company would spend time or money to sell even less devices than KEYone. Especially that cost of production would be close to same and people would expect to pay less for it.

You're asking for a dragon when it was determined a unicorn is going to sell better.
    10-20-17 05:22 PM
    Too bad there's not enough people that want smaller and PKB. The KEYone was the PKB attempt to pick size that would sell the most PKB devices and possible show a profit. I don't think any company would spend time or money to sell even less devices than KEYone. Especially that cost of production would be close to same and people would expect to pay less for it.
    Dupe post..
    10-20-17 05:24 PM

You're asking for a dragon when it was determined a unicorn is going to sell better.
    I never said our preferences are popular.

 BlackBerry | CLASSIC
    10-20-17 05:39 PM

AND they have no other choice if you don't want the KEYone.
    10-20-17 05:45 PM
    You can definitely install Play Store on Blackberry OS10. You can also install apk file by allow installing apps from others sourse.
    There is guide on Youtube or go here: https://forums.crackberry.com/androi...ns-985344-new/

I installed it on my Classic & it works perfectly. You can install apps & games but some won't work. Fortunately, some even work with the navigation key on Classic

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ecm; 10-21-17 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Outside link replaced
    10-21-17 10:56 AM