I am very disappointed with the classic specs. It has the same ram, cpu, camera, keyboard, antenna for 4g....why upgrade to a classic if you have a Q10. I'm retiring my q10 when my contract ends this december, I'll use my upgrade for a phone that actually is an upgrade not the same phone I already have.....BB10 is great but I'm not getting a passport it is going to sell worse than the z10....BB10 over android anyday..... but I may just go to a iphone 6. It wins as a basic phone for communications over blackberry plus it has app capabilities....

Are Q10 owners upset like me about this issue?
    10-18-14 11:37 PM
    The battery is only 2500mAh, not much better than the Q10. Larger screen and 5 button tool belt are nice.
    10-18-14 11:45 PM
    I am very disappointed with the classic specs. It has the same ram, cpu, camera, keyboard, antenna for 4g....why upgrade to a classic if you have a Q10. I'm retiring my q10 when my contract ends this december, I'll use my upgrade for a phone that actually is an upgrade not the same phone I already have.....BB10 is great but I'm not getting a passport it is going to sell worse than the z10....BB10 over android anyday..... but I may just go to a iphone 6. It wins as a basic phone for communications over blackberry plus it has app capabilities....

The way things are going so far, the Passport is going to decimate Z10 sales by a wide margin.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 11:56 PM
    Who said it was suppose to be a upgrade to the Q10? These kinds of concerns didn't come up when the Q5 came out so why the Classic? It may resemble a Q10 but it's just another kb device imo.

If something happened to my Q10 then I would probably get a classic just because its the newest kb device with a familiar feel. If there is a white version classic, then I'll be buying one just because I couldn't get a white -5 Q10. But who am I kidding, I might just buy one because I'm having a good day.

Posted via CB/Q10
    10-18-14 11:58 PM
    I will more than likely get one. There is no reason for you to upgrade if you don't have to

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    10-19-14 12:11 AM

Completely with you up until the part about upgrading to an iPhone 6. I am also a Q10 user. While the Passport doesn't seem a fit for me, I was surprised to see that the Classic's specs weren't a bigger bump up than they appear to be.

Having said that, I don't generally buy a new phone until there's something new I need. Fortunately, I'm with Sprint (I can't believe I'm actually saying that! ). Since they didn't release the Q10 until September '13, I'm still under contract until September 2015. But more importantly, I'm very happy with my Qued. 10.3.1 looks to be amazing and will be like having a new phone anyway through the duration of my contract. I plan on keeping my contract as long as I can because of my unlimited data.

But if my contract was up in December like you, I'd consider buying an iPhone 6 on contract, selling it on eBay, pocketing the cash, and waiting to see what BlackBerry will come out with later. As soon as something I like comes out, I'd wait for the launch, wait a month, and then buy it outright for a special promotional discount for the VIP edition (the trend lately).

So. I agree with you that the spec bump to the Classic from the Q10 is small, but I disagree about actually using the iPhone 6. Since it's so overpriced, I prefer to leverage it's financial value to buy whatever I want to use whether or not my contract is up or not. Current model Sprint iPhones sell for the most closest to retail price than any other phone on eBay. So in December, I'd pay 300.00 for a 64gb iPhone 6 on contract and immediately turn it around for 700 and pocket the 400.00 to use toward whatever I want whenever I want while maintaining my unlimited data.

Posted by twiddling my thumbs on the mighty Qued! - Channel C003DAB77
    10-19-14 12:16 AM
    We're having too many of these threads complaining about the same thing. Yawn
    10-19-14 12:23 AM
    I'm a former Q10 user. absolutely LOVED that phone. was super excited for the Classic and had every intention to upgrade to it. thought the Passport was dumb ugly and too big. then the Passport launched and I learned more about it. then more specs and info on the Classic surfaced. so now I'm typing this on my Passport and it's the best phone I've ever had. period.

the Classic isn't a flagship. it's a low end budget device which is intended to be an upgrade for legacy users. toolbelt was added to get people still married to their 9900s over to BB10. it's not supposed to be a Q10 upgrade. if you want a Q10 upgrade, buy the Passport. you won't regret it.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 01:12 AM
    The way things are going so far, the Passport is going to decimate Z10 sales by a wide margin.

Posted via CB10
    Correct, someone isn't watching CrackBerry.com very closely.

Posted via Q10
    NYTOC83 likes this.
    10-19-14 08:06 AM
    I think the Classic (aka "Q20") is supposed to be a Q10 upgrade, and it's also intended to appeal to Bold users. That said, the Passport is a great phone and if you have AT&T it's definitely a worthy reason to upgrade. Blackberry has done a great job of producing one very appealing phone, and I hope the Classic is as well.
    it's not. it's gonna be a mid-range device around $399 unlocked. Passport is the "premium" flagship. priced and marketed as such. I know it's disappointing that the Classic isn't what a lot of people hoped for (myself included) but it makes a lot of sense from a business standpoint that BlackBerry decided to build and price it the way they did.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 01:13 PM
    I think the Classic (aka "Q20") is supposed to be a Q10 upgrade, and it's also intended to appeal to Bold users. That said, the Passport is a great phone and if you have AT&T it's definitely a worthy reason to upgrade. Blackberry has done a great job of producing one very appealing phone, and I hope the Classic is as well.
    No your wrong, this phone was never intended for and won't be marketed towards current bb10 users. It's sole purpose is to entice enterprise away from bbos it's strange that anyone thinks otherwise, I'm pretty sure Chen said it.

Posted via CB10
    3800 likes this.
    10-19-14 01:20 PM
    Your statement makes no sense. Almost 2 years ago the Q10 was presented as 'the keyboard flagship', as much as it happened some months ago with the PassPort. It didn't happened with the Classic. The Classic,as the name suggests, is an upgrade for old BBOS users or for old BBOS users who jumped ship in the last months/years. It is NOT intended to replace the Q10 and it has NOT been advertised as a flagship! The Classic will come out to regain traction mostly between enteprise costumers. It is (or it seems) a solid phone, with decent specs to run BB10 smoothly (as the Q5 and Q10) but it has a slightly bigger screen and the Toolbel. That's it.
    You want to upgrade and stay with BlackBerry? Get a Passport or wait for Feb/Mar to see which new device will JC announce. You want to go Apple or Android? No problems there,but don't blame BlackBerry for that.
    10-19-14 01:23 PM
    We're having too many of these threads complaining about the same thing. Yawn
    Yes, because there are too many users that want to UPGRADE To a classic, not crossgrade.

Posted via CB10
    NYTOC83 likes this.
    10-19-14 01:34 PM
    Specs? Who cares. If it works, it works. I'm more concerned over price. If the classic is premium priced it will be a problem for me. But I can't imagine it'll be >$399 US.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    Xenolock likes this.
    10-19-14 01:35 PM
    To the OP, don't worry about apps.
    In 10.2 there were andriod apps that didn't work for me.
    Since installing the 10.3 leak, I have tried a few of the apps that didn't work right before and every single one is working now and not only that, they feel much more like a native app now.
    Also, I feel your pain. I want a faster classic but let me tell you, if the price is low enough, go for it.
    10.3 runs really well on my z10.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 01:37 PM

Add Passport pre-orders, store sales, back orders and the fact it hasn't launched on AT&T in the US and it becomes evident the Passport will blow Z10 sales numbers.

Additionally, you may be right about not switching to the Classic from Q10. However, it's been made clear so many times. The Classic's intent is to bring BBOS7 BES users to the Classic and persuade them from switching to iPhones and Androids.
    10-19-14 02:04 PM
    Yes, because there are too many users that want to UPGRADE To a classic, not crossgrade.

Posted via CB10
    Except you guys are making thread for unofficial specs. I agree though, if it turns out with Q10 specs it would disappoint me as well, but let's just wait for the official announcement...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    idssteve likes this.
    10-19-14 02:27 PM
    Slagman, I haven't created any such threads.
    And I am waiting for it to be released.

I would actually buy one with q10 specs but only if the price were low enough.

Otherwise I might go with a z30.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 03:22 PM
    Except you guys are making thread for unofficial specs. I agree though, if it turns out with Q10 specs it would disappoint me as well, but let's just wait for the official announcement...

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Black...images_id61758

slated to be $399 unlocked.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 04:00 PM
    I'd pay $399 unlocked for z30 specs and that is what I am hoping for. We will see when it's official.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 04:17 PM
    The battery is only 2500mAh, not much better than the Q10. Larger screen and 5 button tool belt are nice.
    What do you mean by "only"? Do you think 2500mAh is small capacity?
    10-19-14 04:20 PM
    http://www.phonearena.com/news/Black...images_id61758

slated to be $399 unlocked.

Posted via CB10
    And phone arena had it with 1440x1440 screen before and OS 10.1...

10-19-14 05:23 PM
    And phone arena had it with 1440x1440 screen before and OS 10.1...

this is one link, but those same specs have been confirmed by 100 other sources as well as the $399 pricetag. don't expect anything radically different to be announced at launch.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 05:38 PM
    this is one link, but those same specs have been confirmed by 100 other sources as well as the $399 pricetag. don't expect anything radically different to be announced at launch.

Posted via CB10
    All it takes is one website to say that, and for everyone else to copy it. Multiple websites had the 1440x1440 and 13mp camera as well. Not saying it definitely won't be, but to come to conclusions based on it, not really sure if that's the best idea...

10-19-14 06:50 PM

Well if this disappoints you, you'll be pretty disappointed to know that Apple recycle their phone years after years. Basically it's the same specs but with a slightly changed shape.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 07:06 PM
31 12