Hello, did anyone tried back cover from Verizon Classic on nonwireless charging Classic?

There is difference in covers, Verizon cover has two more pins. Maybe it would work with that..

BlackBerry Classic Q20 Battery Door Black - ETrade Supply
    BlackBerry Classic Q20 Back Cover Black - ETrade Supply
    09-29-16 02:53 PM
    Noone? Everybody switched to Android?

I would test it but my Classic is in warranty until March and I do not want to open phone until it ends.
    10-07-16 08:16 AM
    Noone? Everybody switched to Android?

I would test it but my Classic is in warranty until March and I do not want to open phone until it ends.
    Mine is AT&T with wireless already built-in, so sorry, can't help you there...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-08-16 01:48 PM
    I couldn't wait until warranty ends but by looking at photos of Classic's backcovers, there are no screws which I saw in on opening video. I have tools for opening of covers without a scratch so I did buy Verizon back cover with 4 pins on NFC antenna (and probably wireless charging) from China.
    But it does not work . Maybe a new wireless charger I bought for this do not works but more probably, the phone needs more then new backcover, maybe software fix or Verizon/AT&T have different phone's motherboard too..
    I got a new cover though as I bought the phone used so it looks better now. Only the NFC antenna seems to be a little less sensitive now. But no wireless charging .
    01-16-17 11:52 AM
    Does you use Qi standard recharge? If it's not working. Probably you are right that need addition hardware.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-17 04:28 AM
    It is Qi charger. I have no other wireless charging device at home so I cannot even test the charger if it works. But when I put the new backcase on the charger, there is no Volts on the two additional pins.
    I will try to find someone with wireless charging but it is not much known here and people would't eve know if their phone support it..

Maybe comparing motheboards with and without will tell more. Or maybe there need to be some software change to allow phone to wireless charging.
    01-18-17 02:09 PM
    My wireless Qi charger is working, I tested it with friend's Samsung..
    Does anyone knows how wireless charging should works? I tried the new back cover place on charger and see if there is some voltage on two (new) pins but there was nothing. Should there be something? Or does the charger at first some confirmation from the phone to enable charging?
    01-26-17 01:03 AM
    Ask who have ATT one that support wireless charge. If there have any setting ?
    01-30-17 08:02 AM
    I have just "take it out" from chinese seller that this back cover does NOT have wireless charging.. Any chinese back cover for BB Classic won't have it as it is probably all made in the same factory.
    So it may still works if I get original backcover - but only from used and broken phone, because Blackberry is not selling it and service and parts shop in Europe have only sqc100-1. That would be a hard task
    02-03-17 01:05 AM
    Ask who have ATT one that support wireless charge. If there have any setting ?
    No setting, it just works like being plugged in when I set the phone down on the mat.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    02-07-17 02:26 PM
    I will try connecting ti the pins in the phone other wireless charger reciever's cables and see what will be happening . I hope it won't break the phone. When there are pins on the phone, it is probably supported by hardware. So if the software is the same, it should work. It seems to be impossible to find Verizon (or AT&T) back cover not from China :/.
    02-10-17 05:53 AM
    I will try connecting ti the pins in the phone other wireless charger reciever's cables and see what will be happening . I hope it won't break the phone. When there are pins on the phone, it is probably supported by hardware. So if the software is the same, it should work. It seems to be impossible to find Verizon (or AT&T) back cover not from China :/.
    If so, that is great. Which is you can put a receiver in the cover, connected with pin... waiting your results.

Good luck
    02-12-17 12:31 PM
    I did some test but no success. It's seem have additional hardware to support it. Even if the extra pin connected with receive coils.
    So I use a standard receiver connect to USB and put in protect case. It's working with QI charge pad.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-17 03:53 PM
38 12