Hello! I just registred in this fantastic page to know more about Blackberry, and also cause I'm so excited about the launch of the Blackberry Classic.
    I would like to know some questions that don't let me sleep.

�The expected december launch it will be only in America? What about Spain?
    �In case that I buy via Amazon.com (america) the new Blackberry classic it will work perfectly here in Spain? I hear that it can appear problems about carriers for example, or others issues..

Thanks to all the users! I learn a lot about Blackberry due to other posts!
    11-14-14 10:10 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry. I would recommend you buy the Classic from ShopBlackBerry Europe, or Amazon Europe so that you don't end up with a North American Classic. The North American model is missing a few European bands.

Otherwise the phone should work just fine. Put your SIM card in, get a data plan if you want, and off you go.
    11-14-14 11:29 AM
    Hello! I just registred in this fantastic page to know more about Blackberry, and also cause I'm so excited about the launch of the Blackberry Classic.
    I would like to know some questions that don't let me sleep.

�The expected december launch it will be only in America? What about Spain?
    �In case that I buy via Amazon.com (america) the new Blackberry classic it will work perfectly here in Spain? I hear that it can appear problems about carriers for example, or others issues..

Thanks to all the users! I learn a lot about Blackberry due to other posts!
    Wut r u talking bout m8? r u havin a giggle m8?

the phone is available almost anywhere in EU from shopBlackBerry or Amazon and i assume many other retailers to come over the coming weeks. Why are you even considering buying from the US? yes in terms of currency conversion you would get it for **** cheap no doubt, but add the customs tax you will inevitably hit when it arrives at EU shores the price will come up to whatever the EU price is anyway.
    11-14-14 12:50 PM
    There is no information related about the Classic launch in Spain, even the Passport is not available yet. And it seems that the classic will never be aviable in Spain or it will take a lot of months waiting...meanwhile in U.S. in a few days you can enjoy the phone!. For this reason i'm considirign to buy via amazon, but i'm scared, not for the money, but for the working U.S. device in Spain..
    11-16-14 04:09 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry. I would recommend you buy the Classic from ShopBlackBerry Europe, or Amazon Europe so that you don't end up with a North American Classic. The North American model is missing a few European bands.

Otherwise the phone should work just fine. Put your SIM card in, get a data plan if you want, and off you go.
    Do you happen to know what bands the European version is missing? It's strange that BlackBerry didn't include bands 3 and 20 in the North America unit. They should have just produced one worldwide unit like they did with the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 08:23 PM
    Do you happen to know what bands the European version is missing? It's strange that BlackBerry didn't include bands 3 and 20 in the North America unit. They should have just produced one worldwide unit like they did with the Passport.
    My guess is that since the Classic is much more "carrier-centric," BB had to resort to those old carrier pleasing tactics like leaving bands out. And I'm talking about North American carriers. I doubt ROW carriers care.

Anyway, rant aside, the European/ROW model is missing the UMTS 1700 band, and basically all the main North American LTE bands, except for that band 7 they use up in Canada. The secondary bands that did make it are band 5 that AT&T uses in some places in the Midwest, and band 2 that TMO's supposed to be bringing up next year.

And re: missing bands 3 and 20, the rumored carrier variants (AT&T's -2 and Verizon's -3/-5) have decent global band sets, but not perfect. For instance, the -2 is missing UMTS 900 (which the -3/-5 have,) but makes up for it with LTE band 20. OTOH, the -3/-5 have the UMTS 900 band, but they are missing LTE band 20.

Nothing like the Passport, that's for sure.
    11-17-14 08:50 PM