Any way to do this?

Is it a file on the Bold that can be backed up and/or copied from ancient Bold to my new (old) Classic?

Yes, I know my three (VZW family plan) Bold 9650s are 10-11 years old (but have never broken down IN ANY WAY) and they are 3G. I also know the Classics are 5-6 years old, but all I wanted from Santa (for the past +7 years) was an updated Bold with it's wonderful removable battery, pkb, toolbelt, BBOS, and NO touchscreen (haha, if only).

As is common knowledge, VZW is throwing 3G phones out in the cold next week, but (after months of panicked research) it turns out that ATT will still activate 4G LTE phones (not just 4G VOLTE, not sure how long they will keep that up), so I finally accepted that all I was getting for Christmas was a pkb, toolbelt, and BBOS on the Classic. (While I don't hate the Classic, it's not my first love the Bold, but it's not a lump of coal either.)

So finally last week I bought three (ATT) Classics on eBay from a highly-rated seller (go for one with +99.7% approval rating, tens of thousands of sales, plus generous +60 day return policy, IMO eBay used phones sellers are better than Amazons YMMV).

I backed up all the Bolds and restored data to the Classics, easy peasy, except for the word substitutions. It would be great if I could import my (many) Bold word substitutions because, if not, that means I have to enter them manually, one by one, a phone in each hand.

I am currently going through the stages of grief for my Bold, so please be kind ;-)
    12-26-20 05:05 PM
    Any way to do this?

Is it a file on the Bold that can be backed up and/or copied from ancient Bold to my new (old) Classic?

Yes, I know my three (VZW family plan) Bold 9650s are 10-11 years old (but have never broken down IN ANY WAY) and they are 3G. I also know the Classics are 5-6 years old, but all I wanted from Santa (for the past +7 years) was an updated Bold with it's wonderful removable battery, pkb, toolbelt, BBOS, and NO touchscreen (haha, if only).

As is common knowledge, VZW is throwing 3G phones out in the cold next week, but (after months of panicked research) it turns out that ATT will still activate 4G LTE phones (not just 4G VOLTE, not sure how long they will keep that up), so I finally accepted that all I was getting for Christmas was a pkb, toolbelt, and BBOS on the Classic. (While I don't hate the Classic, it's not my first love the Bold, but it's not a lump of coal either.)

So finally last week I bought three (ATT) Classics on eBay from a highly-rated seller (go for one with +99.7% approval rating, tens of thousands of sales, plus generous +60 day return policy, IMO eBay used phones sellers are better than Amazons YMMV).

I backed up all the Bolds and restored data to the Classics, easy peasy, except for the word substitutions. It would be great if I could import my (many) Bold word substitutions because, if not, that means I have to enter them manually, one by one, a phone in each hand.

I am currently going through the stages of grief for my Bold, so please be kind ;-)
    AT&T will be dropping support for the AT&T versions of Z10, Q10, Classic, and Passport in February 2022 according to latest announcements. At that point, the AT&T version PRIV and KEYone will be VoLTE supported.

This is the AT&T updated list four pages that are the AT&T sold and supported devices

http://www.att.com/ecms/dam/att/cons...TT-Network.pdf

This is the AT&T updated list four pages that are the factory unlocked devices supported.

http://www.att.com/ecms/dam/att/cons...TT-Network.pdf
    The LTE on anything else BlackBerry Limited is data traffic only supported and not VoLTE supported. You would be able to use for limited internet browsing on LTE or WiFi and that’s about it.
    12-26-20 08:27 PM
    Thanks, yes I know the BB Classic is not on those lists and that ATT might toss all my three Classics off Feb 2022, but maybe not, as they may just refuse to activate any more 4G LTE phones after that date.

But even VZW allowed my three Bold 9650s on their network cuz I was a current customer, just could not add any additional 3G devices as of last year.

As I said, ATT has just last week activated my three 4G LTE Classics and if it only it buys me another year, so be it, but I am hoping they will not force existing customers off their network.

PS: All I want is "limited internet browsing on LTE or WiFi"..and I barely even want that, just wanted text, email, calendar, and calls.
    12-27-20 12:19 PM
    Thanks, yes I know the BB Classic is not on those lists and that ATT might toss all my three Classics off Feb 2022, but maybe not, as they may just refuse to activate any more 4G LTE phones after that date.
    Most phones will only be 4G/LTE after that date. 5G devices will probably account for less than 25% by then.

You're mixing up terminology.

Yes, the Classic can use 4G/LTE for data, but it doesn't for calls.

VoLTE is the technology that is required to go past Feb 2022, and worse, only the subset of capable devices that are whitelisted.
    12-27-20 12:22 PM
    Yes, I know I might get booted off ATT early 2022, but maybe not and hoping the new BBs coming out in 2021 will be awesome...but probably not, in which case I can move to Venezuela with my 3G Bolds :-)
    12-27-20 12:42 PM

But even VZW allowed my three Bold 9650s on their network cuz I was a current customer, just could not add any additional 3G devices as of last year.

As I said, ATT has just last week activated my three 4G LTE Classics and if it only it buys me another year, so be it, but I am hoping they will not force existing customers off their network.

PS: All I want is "limited internet browsing on LTE or WiFi"..and I barely even want that, just wanted text, email, calendar, and calls.
    I don’t think you’re understanding the current technology of VoLTE and what is being explained. It has nothing to do with activations or tossing you off the networks to intentionally block your devices.

BBOS and more importantly BB10 devices simply lack the internal components to continue operating properly with 3G shutdown. Your BBOS devices rely on 3G for talk and data except for WiFi capabilities. Your BB10 devices rely on 3G for talk and LTE for data except for WiFi capabilities.

Carriers shutdown of 3G is taking away TALK capabilities of BB10 and shouldn’t affect BB10 mobile internet or WiFi network internet. Carriers are knocking off 4G LTE devices that are VoLTE capable but BB10 version of LTE technology seems to be stuck in 2013 so it will be obsolete for different reasons.
    12-27-20 01:11 PM
    But not until Feb 2022 for ATT, as far as I know.

Or are you saying that ATT will throw me off before then?
    12-27-20 01:40 PM
    But not until Feb 2022 for ATT, as far as I know.

Or are you saying that ATT will throw me off before then?
    AT&T or any other carrier may throw you off before then if maintaining 3G in your area isn't necessary or some tower 3G equipment breaks and isn't worth fixing if scheduled to be removed.

I have a BlackBerry KEYone BE that was perfectly fine until about 10-12 months ago. I keep as backup hobby device on TMO and when TMO upgraded nearby tower with Band 66 from Band 4 due to congestion, VoLTE coverage degraded and LTE data speed dropped 80% back to 3G HSPA then. At 3G shutdown, it won't operate period, unless in Band 4 area.

The almost identical BlackBerry Motion with the SIM card switched over is booming since it has Band 66 inside. These network upgrades are complicated and require customers to use newer devices when generation shifts are implemented.

The carriers are running promotions to help with the cost of upgrading. But, at minimum, look at their lists of carrier locked and factory unlocked devices that are supported initially. Above, in one thread or more, I've posted both links for AT&T, but TMO and VZW have posted similar lists on their websites also.
    12-27-20 02:11 PM
    Yes, I looked at the links over the past months and I know there are no BBs there.

I live in NYC, so there are a lot of towers, even this year the Bold had no issues with reception, not that I did much besides texting.

Am just hoping to make it until the 2021 BBs come out, hoping they are decent, but even if they just have the pkb, I will be happy. I am on this site for help just like this, so thanks!
    12-27-20 02:34 PM
    New question: I am getting used to the Classic after a few weeks (yes, I know these phones might be thrown off the ATT network in 2021, thanks), I still prefer the Bold, but life is filled with suffering ;-)

I bought three of these phones for my family plan and the System Settings categories in one of them is displayed in alphabetized order, while another one is randomly ordered. This is not a big deal, but is odd and I see no way to sort it alphabetically. Any ideas?

PS: Thanks to all those who suggested creating a folder to dump all the useless icons that cannot be deleted. That helped a lot to make the interface less confusing to me. Also, I found a way to make my home screen look similar to the Bold's with my most used icons...and then discovered I prefer it blank so I can see time/date and prefer swiping to see those icons...
    01-04-21 11:43 AM
    New question: I am getting used to the Classic after a few weeks (yes, I know these phones might be thrown off the ATT network in 2021, thanks), I still prefer the Bold, but life is filled with suffering ;-)

I bought three of these phones for my family plan and the System Settings categories in one of them is displayed in alphabetized order, while another one is randomly ordered. This is not a big deal, but is odd and I see no way to sort it alphabetically. Any ideas?

PS: Thanks to all those who suggested creating a folder to dump all the useless icons that cannot be deleted. That helped a lot to make the interface less confusing to me. Also, I found a way to make my home screen look similar to the Bold's with my most used icons...and then discovered I prefer it blank so I can see time/date and prefer swiping to see those icons...
    In the Setting.... pull down from the top, there should be "Restore Defaults", "Sort", and "Rearrange" up there.
    AA Byron likes this.
    01-04-21 11:47 AM
    OMG...you are the best!

I am doing okay with up and side swipes, but doing really badly with top down swipes, it took me a few minutes to find this...but that's quicker than it took me to delete unused icons that could be deleted, no joke that took me days, it's like I have mittens on my hands, despite being (just a) girl with small hands. Still miss my Bold, it was idiot proof :-(

Thank you!
    01-04-21 12:14 PM
    OMG...you are the best!

I am doing okay with up and side swipes, but doing really badly with top down swipes, it took me a few minutes to find this...but that's quicker than it took me to delete unused icons that could be deleted, no joke that took me days, it's like I have mittens on my hands, despite being (just a) girl with small hands. Still miss my Bold, it was idiot proof :-(

Thank you!
    Give it six months and you'll be a pro at BB10.
    AA Byron likes this.
    01-04-21 01:12 PM
    And I'm just a beginner user of the Blackberry Classic, I practically don't know anything about him yet, but I hope that in time I will become an experienced user.
    Here's a video showing how to get around the interface:
    02-10-21 10:17 AM
    I wanted to go back to Classic and moved my sim from current Android phone to used AT&T branded classic Q20 and it kind of worked. So called AT&T to make sure imei was added they said my line was deactivated because device was not compatible. They are telling me even tho the specs, etc say 4G Lte that it is a 3g phone and can't be added?
    Any experience with this or is this a lost cause?
    02-16-21 01:26 PM
    I wanted to go back to Classic and moved my sim from current Android phone to used AT&T branded classic Q20 and it kind of worked. So called AT&T to make sure imei was added they said my line was deactivated because device was not compatible. They are telling me even tho the specs, etc say 4G Lte that it is a 3g phone and can't be added?
    Lots of new info on this if you do a search here on CB. Basically, all BB10 phones get calls ONLY on 3g and data only on 4g. So when the carrier reverts to calls on 4g (LTE) and does away with 3g, then BB10 phones will not work. Something like that - someone here may chime in with a MUCH better explanation.
    02-16-21 02:58 PM
    It's a very early LTE device, and only supports LTE Data, not VoLTE that is required now that 3G is in it's last months. Some Apple and Samsung LTE devices in the same boat.

Sadly all US Carriers have stopped supporting these devices.... if you could get it activated, it would work till they pull the plug next year. But the rules are no more activations of non-VoLTE devices.
    brookie229 likes this.
    02-16-21 03:12 PM
42 12