Does anyone know if the ATT version with wireless charging will work in the UAE with Etisalat. The model they are selling seems to be SQC100-1 (prd 59715-004) which I didn't see on the chart.
    06-28-15 11:26 PM
    Does anyone know if the ATT version with wireless charging will work in the UAE with Etisalat.
    Yes. 3G and 4G (LTE) on Etisalat UAE.
    06-29-15 12:07 AM
    Is the ATT phone sold unlocked?
    06-29-15 02:58 AM
    Is the ATT phone sold unlocked?
    Not by AT&T.
    Last edited by raino; 06-29-15 at 09:29 AM.
    nselbak likes this.
    06-29-15 08:15 AM
    Not by AT&T.
    Thanks for the info. It is a shame I was hoping to get an ATT phone that I can use in the UAE due to the wireless charging. ATT told me on a chat they would unlock the phone after 60days which isn't an option for me.
    06-29-15 12:58 PM
    ATT told me on a chat they would unlock the phone after 60days which isn't an option for me.
    That may not be true. The 60 day requirement definitely applies to postpaid customers. If you manage to somehow just buy the phone without becoming an AT&T customer, then the 60 day rule may not apply to you. I would contact AT&T again and clarify that I'm looking to buy as a non-customer. Point them to this website: att.com/deviceunlock

Personally, I don't think the 60 day rule applies to non-customers. You've already paid off the phone when you bought it as full retail price--you own it. Plus here's one non-customer's experience unlocking an AT&T Passport within 24 hours of submitting a request: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post11752077

The hardest thing to do might be buying the phone without any service commitment. The unlocking may be the easiest.
    06-29-15 01:15 PM
    Thanks the website lets you buy with no service. But as I am overseas so I don't know how I could get them to unlock it. I may have my brother try.
    06-30-15 12:57 PM
    You are correct. I referred to the link and they will unlock it. Thanks for your help.
    raino likes this.
    06-30-15 02:00 PM
    Hi Guys. I'm looking to get the Blackberry Classic SQC100-2 with Wireless Charging. I can only seem to find wireless charging mentioned on the AT&T model, but the BB site states it is across multiple variants of this device. (About wireless charging - BlackBerry Classic - 10.3.1). I'm currently living in Singapore, but require this BB to be unlocked and working in the UK & USA. Am I choosing the right version with the SQC100-2? Does anybody know a site that I can buy this version with the wireless charging? AT&T seem to be the only sellers with QI charging, but I believe they sell the other SQC variant. Please note I currently have an unlocked Q10 SQN100-3 (2 years old) purchased on contract 3 (formerly 02 Ireland). Appreciate any feedback. Thanks
    07-05-15 11:00 AM
    I'm currently living in Singapore, but require this BB to be unlocked and working in the UK & USA. Am I choosing the right version with the SQC100-2?
    Wireless charging is present in the -2 (AT&T model) and the -3/-5 (Verizon models.) But given the locations you mentioned, I would say the -2 is a better choice: it has an extra LTE band for the UK, and better compatibility with US GSM networks.

Does anybody know a site that I can buy this version with the wireless charging? AT&T seem to be the only sellers with QI charging, but I believe they sell the other SQC variant.
    AT&T only sells the -2 variant. You can buy it from two places: AT&T or Amazon. From either seller, make sure you're selecting the no annual contract option equivalent, the price for which is $439.99.

The phone comes SIM locked, but AT&T unlocks the phones for free when you buy at full price (generally within 2-3 business days.) The website to request an unlock is att.com/deviceunlock

If you choose to buy from Amazon, confirm with them that this phone will be unlockable through AT&T (it should be--but make them do the research and confirm it.)

Verizon sells the Verizon -3/-5 variants but as far as I can tell, their website will not let you purchase without a service plan. Amazon, however, does. The Verizon model will come unlocked.
    Avenzuno and agaw like this.
    07-05-15 11:29 AM
    If you order a Classic through Shopblackberry it lists the phone model under the name. I ordered a Blue classic a few weeks ago, it is a SQC100-4.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    09-06-15 04:47 AM
    Hello I want to get the BB q20 classic but I don't know if it will support my sim card... It's a Greek frequency.. It's called Cosmote. Can someone help me please?
    Last edited by Thomai Karaveli; 09-09-15 at 08:04 AM.
    09-09-15 07:54 AM
    Hello I want to get the BB q20 classic but I don't know if it will support my sim card... It's a Greek frequency.. It's called Cosmote. Can someone help me please?
    The SQC100-1 model is the one to get for use in Europe, so make sure that's the one you're buying. It will work on Cosmote, Vodafone and WIND.
    Thomai Karaveli likes this.
    09-09-15 10:58 AM
    Hi, If I buy a -3 model & have it unlocked by Verizon will I have any issues using it for voice only internationally worst case scenario with a GSM Sim? I am currently a T Mobile customer, but I would like to buy it to use primarily in the U.S. when there is no coverage with T Mobile. I travel internationally on occasion & I didn't want to carry an extra phone. I know looking at your chart that it would probably be alright & I may not have all the LTE bands, but I am not sure so I thought I would ask. Thanks for your time.
    09-10-15 09:50 PM
    Hi, If I buy a -3 model & have it unlocked by Verizon will I have any issues using it for voice only internationally worst case scenario with a GSM Sim? I am currently a T Mobile customer, but I would like to buy it to use primarily in the U.S. when there is no coverage with T Mobile. I travel internationally on occasion & I didn't want to carry an extra phone. I know looking at your chart that it would probably be alright & I may not have all the LTE bands, but I am not sure so I thought I would ask. Thanks for your time.
    You should be fine internationally. You'll get 3G in a LOT of places, and LTE pretty much everywhere in Europe. Plus you don't even have to worry about getting the phone unlocked because the Verizon Classic comes unlocked.
    09-11-15 12:08 AM
    Thanks for your help.
    09-11-15 09:30 AM
    Thanks Raino for putting up this wonderful chart and still keeping it live. I was actually looking for all places to find this info while all info is available in my backyard (means CB)

I am an Airtel India customer using Passport. For my work issued SIM (yes, they only issue SIM and employee need to buy their phone of choice) of Vodafone India, I am planning to purchase a Blue Blackberry Classic from UK shopblackberry (US site always shows it as out of stock) with little help from my cousin. In SBB UK website, SQC model no is not mentioned (US SBB has SQC100-4). UK SBB mentions below
    "This version works with GSM Carriers only; bands: LTE : 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20. HSPA+ : 1, 2, 5/6, 8. Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)"

Now, will this work in India?

From your chart I think Vodafone India is supported in all devices. However I like to double ensure.

Thanks for help.
    10-19-15 01:21 PM
    "This version works with GSM Carriers only; bands: LTE : 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20. HSPA+ : 1, 2, 5/6, 8. Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)"

Now, will this work in India?
    It will work on Vodafone's GSM and 3G networks, yes.

I'm not sure if your carrier has an LTE network. If they do and it's a band 40 network like Airtel's, the phone won't get LTE.
    KingOfQwerty likes this.
    10-19-15 02:23 PM
    It will work on Vodafone's GSM and 3G networks, yes.

I'm not sure if your carrier has an LTE network. If they do and it's a band 40 network like Airtel's, the phone won't get LTE.
    Thanks for info.

As of now, I think 4G not yet rolled out by Vodafone India. However news sites states they have acquired 1800 and 900 Mhz spectrum for 4G rollout. I think they fall under 3 and 8 as per Wiki.

Hope I am right?
    10-19-15 03:44 PM
    Thanks for info.

As of now, I think 4G not yet rolled out by Vodafone India. However news sites states they have acquired 1800 and 900 Mhz spectrum for 4G rollout. I think they fall under 3 and 8 as per Wiki.

Hope I am right?
    Right. I don't know of any TDD bands in those ranges, so I too would say 3 and 8, respectively.

Reliance may be building out a band 3 network in some parts of the country. See this post.
    KingOfQwerty likes this.
    10-19-15 04:04 PM
    FAQ

1. What do I do if my carrier is not listed?

If your carrier is not listed, ask! CB is a great community with many knowledgeable and helpful people, and we will do a compatibility check for you.
    May I ask if you are going to start a similar thread for PRIV by BlackBerry ?

P.S.

I wonder why Carrier Aggregation ( http://www.3gpp.org/technologies/key...tion-explained ) is not mentioned in the following listing for STV100-1.

https://www.ptcrb.com/vendor/complet...?modelid=30056

BlackBerry Classic Models and Supported Frequencies-img_20151021_172725.png

https://www.ptcrb.com/vendor/complet...?modelid=31060

BlackBerry Classic Models and Supported Frequencies-img_20151021_172754.png
    Last edited by yhamaie; 10-21-15 at 07:02 AM.
    10-21-15 03:59 AM
    May I ask if you are going to start a similar thread for PRIV by BlackBerry ?
    Yes sir. I plan to

P.S.

I wonder why Carrier Aggregation ( Carrier Aggregation explained ) is not mentioned in the following listing for STV100-1.

https://www.ptcrb.com/vendor/complet...?modelid=30056

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151021_172725.png 
Views:	232 
Size:	177.1 KB 
ID:	376763

https://www.ptcrb.com/vendor/complet...?modelid=31060

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151021_172754.png 
Views:	232 
Size:	180.2 KB 
ID:	376764
    I noticed that too.

Ignorant question: outside of North America, is carrier aggregation even implemented in markets BB sells their phones (so LATAM, EMEA, SE Asia, Oceanic countries?) I know CA is utilized in Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan and of course South Korea, but the latter two aren't countries BB has a retail presence in (direct or via carriers,) and I'm not sure about Singapore. They did recently establish something in HK, though.

Or maybe it's just that the PTCRB didn't test for aggregation on non-North American bands and no testing=no documentation.
    10-21-15 12:46 PM
    Which is the best variant for Orange Rom�nia?

Thank you very much.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 06:16 AM
    There are variants with stronger signal than others with the same carrier?

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 06:19 AM
    Which is the best variant for Orange Rom�nia?
    The SQC100-1 or the SQC100-3/5.

There are variants with stronger signal than others with the same carrier?
    No, not really. What you should be looking for is the variant most compatible with your carrier's networks Orange Romania has four high speed networks: UMTS 900, UMTS 2100, LTE band 3 and LTE band 7. Both the SQC -1 and -3 have all these bands.

The -3 (or its camera-less sibling, the -5) may be hard for you to find in Romania/Europe because they are made for a specific American carrier. The -1 is made for pretty much everywhere outside the Americas.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    10-27-15 11:24 AM
112 ... 2345