Hi everyone, so does the one on Amazon USA fully compatible with Tmobile or do my friends have to wait for that model?
    They don't list a model# on Amazon, but my guess is that this is the -4. So if it is, it will work on TMO just fine. Just ask your friend to get a nano SIM card, if they don't already have one.
    12-17-14 02:06 PM
    Hi everyone, so does the one on Amazon USA fully compatible with Tmobile or do my friends have to wait for that model?

I just got an X blackberry user of 4 years ago interested again and might ditch his iphone for it. I hope it works on T-Mobile.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Raio's chart shows yes. The SQC100-4 is for most of North America
    12-17-14 06:35 PM
    They don't list a model# on Amazon, but my guess is that this is the -4. So if it is, it will work on TMO just fine. Just ask your friend to get a nano SIM card, if they don't already have one.
    The Amazon buyers show SQC100-4 received.

Raino, want to thank you for enlightening us on the different models.
    12-17-14 06:38 PM
    Can anyone explain to me why there can't be just one phone that works on all bands/frequencies? The Passport especially seems large enough to have a bigger chip or two if necessary.

Entered on my BlackBerry Passport
    There are too many bands/frequencies to support in order to have one device to work on all carriers. Even the Iphone have multiple models, from my understanding, but the extra models are more so in support of CDMA carriers than anything else.

At least Blackberry is not calling the different models Classic 9900 or Classic 9930, like they did with Bold 9900/9930 series.
    12-17-14 06:51 PM
    If I am reading that chart correctly it looks the SQC100-4 has all of AT&T LTE bands, unlike my Z30 STA100-5. I might have to trade in my Z30 and pickup a Classic from Amazon, so that I can switch to AT&T if T-Mobile does not get LTE in my area. My typing on touchscreen is horrible.
    12-17-14 07:02 PM
    The Amazon buyers show SQC100-4 received.
    Wait...people have received their Amazon orders already?

If I am reading that chart correctly it looks the SQC100-4 has all of AT&T LTE bands, unlike my Z30 STA100-5. I might have to trade in my Z30 and pickup a Classic from Amazon, so that I can switch to AT&T if T-Mobile does not get LTE in my area. My typing on touchscreen is horrible.
    Correct. -4 has both AT&T and TMO bands. AT&T is going to sell the -2 which comes with PMA wireless charging, but it is missing a key TMO band. So if you anticipate switching carriers, you may want to get the -4 over the -2.
    12-17-14 08:18 PM
    Wait...people have received their Amazon orders already?

Amazon shipped early pre order out yesterday and delivered today. I took standard delivery so I could offset the sale tax. So my order won't be delivered until 12/23.
    raino likes this.
    12-17-14 11:28 PM
    Anyone know where I can buy the SQC100-2?
    12-20-14 04:31 PM
    Anyone know where I can buy the SQC100-2?
    It's the AT&T version. Hasn't been released yet.
    12-20-14 04:47 PM
    Thank you for putting this together Raino.

Posted via CB10
    Japsen17 likes this.
    12-28-14 08:25 PM
    I know very little about this band and frequency stuff, but have been able to assume this, and correct me if I'm wrong:
    - I live in Sweden and although my carrier isn't listed (it's Comviq, not TeliaSonera), I assume that either the -1 or -2 works here. The problem is, though, that because it hasn't been released here I want to buy it over either Amazon or through Blackberry in the US, and I have to do this soon in order to be able to take it over myself before I leave the States. Because the -4 [seems] to be the only one compatible in the US, will that be the one I receive or can I specify which one I want to get at checkout at either of the two stores?

PS - I cannot for the life of me find what Comviq's band is.
    01-02-15 05:48 PM
    I know very little about this band and frequency stuff, but have been able to assume this, and correct me if I'm wrong:
    - I live in Sweden and although my carrier isn't listed (it's Comviq, not TeliaSonera), I assume that either the -1 or -2 works here. The problem is, though, that because it hasn't been released here I want to buy it over either Amazon or through Blackberry in the US, and I have to do this soon in order to be able to take it over myself before I leave the States. Because the -4 [seems] to be the only one compatible in the US, will that be the one I receive or can I specify which one I want to get at checkout at either of the two stores?

for now that would be the -4 from those site

Is comviq a sub brand of a bigger one.

have you tried on wiki website?
    Last edited by Alain_A; 01-02-15 at 10:36 PM.
    raino likes this.
    01-02-15 07:12 PM

From Wikipedia, it looks like Comviq is a Tele2 subsidiary. Here is what I was able to find out about Tele2 networks: UMTS 2100, LTE 900 (band 8) and 2600, which could be band 7 (FDD,) or 38 (TDD.) Please confirm all this with Comviq/Tele2 customer service though.

So if this information is correct, the SQC100-1 (i.e. the European model) would be better to get for usage on Comviq. The -4 (i.e. the North American model) has the UMTS 2100 and LTE b7 bands, but it does not have LTE band 8. Neither model has b38 though (but I have a feeling it's a FDD LTE network Tele2's got, not TDD.)

BlackBerry through its third party storefront sells the -4 in the US, and if you buy a Classic that's sold and shipped by Amazon, it too will be the -4.
    Japsen17 likes this.
    01-02-15 08:13 PM
    Thanks, Raino, and from what I can surmise from an earlier post of yours about the -2 being AT&T's version, neither of that one or the -1 have been released yet, correct?

==================================================

Just found out that the -1 is available in Europe from amazon.de, the German version, but it costs about $80 more. Though, because it is the -1 and has all of the proper bands, it seems like that'll be the one to get. Unless, of course, you can get your hands on the -2, which hasn't been released yet.
    Last edited by Japsen17; 01-03-15 at 06:23 AM.
    01-03-15 05:52 AM
    Thanks, Raino, and from what I can surmise from an earlier post of yours about the -2 being AT&T's version, neither of that one or the -1 have been released yet, correct?
    Correct. The -2 hasn't been released yet. It's supposed to be...soon. It's missing LTE band 8 though, which is more penetrative of the two (i.e. better signal inside buildings, albeit slower speeds.)
    01-03-15 10:14 AM
    I don't know why Blackberry does not make a phone with all "worlwide" bands in one phone so that they could make only one type of phone....
    01-03-15 10:24 AM
    I don't know why Blackberry does not make a phone with all "worlwide" bands in one phone so that they could make only one type of phone....
    Carrier demands, for one. AT&T wants PMA charging, Verizon wants Qi. They are probably not fond of cross-compatible phones either, as evident by only one multi-generation phone model working on both AT&T and Verizon (and TMO, for that matter): the iPhone. There has been no other.

Then there's some supply management decisions involved as well. If you project you're going to sell more ROW units than NA units by a margin of 3:1, maybe it's more economically prudent to do a separate (smaller) batch of NA-banded phones than put all bands in 100% of your units and allocate 25% to NA? Personally, I wouldn't think that tooling for and manufacturing at least two lines of variants would be cheaper than one with all, but what do I know.
    Alain_A likes this.
    01-03-15 12:41 PM

==================================================

Just found out that the -1 is available in Europe from amazon.de, the German version, but it costs about $80 more. Though, because it is the -1 and has all of the proper bands, it seems like that'll be the one to get. Unless, of course, you can get your hands on the -2, which hasn't been released yet.
    Keep in mind the German version will have the qwertz keyboard and not the qwerty...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Japsen17 likes this.
    01-03-15 01:12 PM
    Keep in mind the German version will have the qwertz keyboard and not the qwerty...

How sure are you of this? Can anybody from Germany that's bought one there confirm this?
    01-03-15 04:54 PM

what is the difference betwen?
    01-03-15 04:56 PM
    what is the difference betwen?
    Keyboard layout. The top row of one is q-w-e-r-t-y, and the other's is q-w-e-r-t-z. Something to do with a higher usage of z in the German language that necessitates this.
    Alain_A likes this.
    01-03-15 09:27 PM
    Keyboard layout. The top row of one is q-w-e-r-t-y, and the other's is q-w-e-r-t-z. Something to do with a higher usage of z in the German language that necessitates this.
    O I C never notice b4
    01-03-15 10:51 PM
    Hi I have a question about LTE category and chipset of Classic.

I saw that SQC100-1 supports LTE cat.4 in GCF :
    Global Certification Forum - Certified Devices - SQC100-1

but according to specs (BlackBerry Classic - Full phone specifications), it has Qualcomm MSM8960 as its chipset.
    If I don't mistake this chipset can't support LTE cat.4.
    Does really SQC100-1 support LTE cat.4 ?
    02-04-15 08:41 AM
    Hi I have a question about LTE category and chipset of Classic.

I saw that SQC100-1 supports LTE cat.4 in GCF :
    Global Certification Forum - Certified Devices - SQC100-1

but according to specs (BlackBerry Classic - Full phone specifications), it has Qualcomm MSM8960 as its chipset.
    If I don't mistake this chipset can't support LTE cat.4.
    Does really SQC100-1 support LTE cat.4 ?
    Look under Network & Connectivity, it's cat. 3: BlackBerry Classic Specs ? Specifications for BlackBerry Classic Smartphone - US

I would have been very surprised if this was the phone they would have chosen to bump up to cat. 4
    02-04-15 12:58 PM
    Look under Network & Connectivity, it's cat. 3: BlackBerry Classic Specs ? Specifications for BlackBerry Classic Smartphone - US

I would have been very surprised if this was the phone they would have chosen to bump up to cat. 4
    Thanks raino, that's a shame...
    But how come GCF says it supports cat.4 ?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    02-04-15 06:41 PM
112 1234 ...