Later this year, BlackBerry will launch a new, non-touchscreen device dubbed the BlackBerry Classic in partnership with Foxconn. The handset will see a return of the command keys that include 'Menu,' 'Back,' 'Send' and 'End' buttons, along with a trackpad. BlackBerry hopes the move will address the concerns of those users who found their new devices hard to navigate.
    This "information" originates from Reuters and can be found on several sites (look at the end of the articles):

BlackBerry goes budget to reverse emerging market slump

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/14/bu...r=yahoofinance

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/blackb...040000560.html

Someone should tell BlackBerry about this.

--------------------

Screen Timeout app - keep your BB10 screen awake as long as you need
    05-13-14 04:13 AM
    Forward to ideaprocess@blackberry.com
    This "information" originates from Reuters and can be found on several sites (look at the end of the articles):

BlackBerry goes budget to reverse emerging market slump

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/14/bu...r=yahoofinance

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/blackb...040000560.html

Someone should tell BlackBerry about this.

--------------------

serbanescu likes this.
    05-13-14 04:25 AM
    Thank you for the email address, I just sent them the info. I hope they'll do something about it.

--------------------

theRock1975 likes this.
    05-13-14 04:37 AM
    Wow that's brutal. Surprised they didn't say "running BBOS 6"
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-13-14 08:39 AM
    I have discovered that recent Reuters coverage of BlackBerry in general comes across as if they are trying really hard to malign the company.

Starting with the recent Chen interview where they spun Chen's spoken comments as shown in their video interview in a completely negative direction in the print story that wasn't apparent in the interview itself, and up to today's coverage of the Z3 rollout where the most prominent part of their piece is the writer repeatedly emphasizing how poorly the company is doing and its decreasing marketshare, as if that is far more important than the new product they are supposedly reporting upon.
    05-13-14 12:07 PM
    Wow that's brutal. Surprised they didn't say "running BBOS 6"
    While most of the blame should be attributed to the reporter, you can't really blame consumers for the confusion with a product name like "Blackberry Classic". Classic Blackberry is BBOS7 or BBOS6 without touchscreens. Not BB10.

I believe this to be an innocuous mistake and not a part of a big anti-Blackberry media conspiracy. Expect more confusion as the Blackberry Classic launches as well as a few consumers complaining they've been duped into buying a Classic that is nothing like their "Classic" Blackberry experience.
    05-13-14 12:33 PM
    While most of the blame should be attributed to the reporter, you can't really blame consumers for the confusion with a product name like "Blackberry Classic". Classic Blackberry is BBOS7 or BBOS6 without touchscreens. Not BB10.

I believe this to be an innocuous mistake and not a part of a big anti-Blackberry media conspiracy. Expect more confusion as the Blackberry Classic launches as well as a few consumers complaining they've been duped into buying a Classic that is nothing like their "Classic" Blackberry experience.
    What ? BlackBerry Classic will run BBOS and not BB10 ?

Posted Via my Q10
    05-13-14 12:36 PM
    What ? BlackBerry Classic will run BBOS and not BB10 ?

Posted Via my Q10
    Who are you and what have you done with KporalBoyQ10?

--------------------

05-13-14 12:40 PM
    I believe this to be an innocuous mistake and not a part of a big anti-Blackberry media conspiracy.
    I might have believed that if it were not for the dubious record of Reuters lately in regards to BlackBerry coverage, as I pointed out above. It almost feels like they got snubbed by BlackBerry and they're trying to retaliate or something.

And with the number of "mistakes" I see in journalism these days, I'm far less inclined to wave them off as "innocuous".

There's a huge amount of sloppy and lazy - if not downright deceptive - "journalism" being done these days. Any dingleberry with a blog can call themselves a "journalist" these days, and it shows. Doesn't help that "real" newsgathering organizations have been shrinking and disappearing for decades, either.

On the other side of things, with all the company's recent downsizing, they may not be able to field a bunch of media watchdogs to go around correcting stories like this constantly either.
    05-13-14 01:06 PM
    Why would the classic not have a touch screen when even the Bold 9900 had a touch screen? LOL. Whoever wrote that article is very misinformed.
    05-13-14 01:52 PM