How does everyone think the q10 or even the z30 were these "premium devices". Has anyone ever picked up an HTC one? It's not even close. Premium devices don't really exist in blackberry land. If premium device means top notch specs, then the passport will be the one and only premium device blackberry has ever made since the iphone. Sorry bold users I'm speaking to you too.

Posted via CB10
    I have both,the htc one and htc one max... and now I'm using my q10,its for me my very preferred device. Premium...not premium,sometimes it doesn't matters.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 12:06 AM
    How does everyone think the q10 or even the z30 were these "premium devices". Has anyone ever picked up an HTC one? It's not even close. Premium devices don't really exist in blackberry land.
    Premium - if you define it, really means, something that is expensive, something that is not available for everyone. It does not have to have the best specs and design.

BlackBerry's premium range is all about design and not specs. Specs have never been in BlackBerry's game plan. They are working towards a Safe and smooth OS.

I can promise you right now that the BlackBerry Passport's camera even though it "only" 13mp will easily beat the Nokia Lumia 1020 with its 41mp. It's all about quality not quality. Having a F/2.0 Aperture is no slouch. Even apple iPhone 6 has a F/2.2 (lower the number the better)

BlackBerry knows what they are doing and I shall support them until they no longer provide me with a great device to use

BlackBerry 10 Wallpapers (BBM Channel) C004635F8
    Last edited by Matty; 09-14-14 at 03:26 AM.
    moyah8 and Q10Bold like this.
    09-14-14 12:21 AM
    Non removable battery is the future for smartphone

Posted via CB10
    How is it the future? Can you name one positive thing about having a non-removable battery?

Posted via Q10RR
    moyah8 likes this.
    09-14-14 12:32 AM
    How is it the future? Can you name one positive thing about having a non-removable battery?

Posted via Q10RR
    Maybe positive for manufacturers and not for users?

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 12:35 AM

Posted via Q10RR
    Because all the flagships have non-removable batteries, with larger and larger capacity batteries that negate the need for a removable battery for the majority of users.

I admit that some users will need to swap a battery, I admit there can be a few legitimate scenarios where you'd be better with a removable battery - but the trends towards non-removable and the fact that today's kids are basically the "future", most future users will not feel the need for a removable battery - that's why it's the future.

#CB10 #Q10 #Darkhorse
    09-14-14 12:43 AM
    Because all the flagships have non-removable batteries, with larger and larger capacity batteries that negate the need for a removable battery for the majority of users.

I admit that some users will need to swap a battery, I admit there can be a few legitimate scenarios where you'd be better with a removable battery - but the trends towards non-removable and the fact that today's kids are basically the "future", most future users will not feel the need for a removable battery - that's why it's the future.

#CB10 #Q10 #Darkhorse
    I don't think you answered his question though. He asked you to name one positive thing about having a non-removable battery. Meaning how it being non-removable is actually BETTER than having it non-removable. I'll give an example. I guess you can say that in general it can allow for the device to be slimmer if it's non-removable. But personally I don't get this whole slim phone obsession. My Q10 is perfectly fine, I don't need to slide my phone beneath doors or anything...
    moyah8 likes this.
    09-14-14 12:58 AM
    Are these wireless charging contacts?
    Damn, I'm really confused about this... The two gold contacts above the battery seem like the one for the NFC antenna. So what are those four for?? I've seen under the battery door for devices with wireless charging and they are only 2 contacts for that too... So that got me wondering...

Edit: I'm adding a picture to describe my confusion...
    BlackBerry Classic leaked pic-classic-back.jpg
    09-14-14 01:02 AM
    The Galaxy S5 has 5 contacts for wireless charging.
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry Classic leaked pic-20140914_021432.jpg  
    09-14-14 02:16 AM
    Also, isn't the NFC built into the phone and not the cover? Samsungs are built into the battery.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 02:27 AM
    Q10 had the ncf antenna on the battery door. My z30 has it inside the chassis. No idea where it'll be on the classic.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 07:26 AM
    this is starting to make sense now. what dosent make sense is why chen would have referred to the classic as "premium" if was never intended to be
    Classic was never referred to as a premium device, it was always referred as the affordable device.

Premium device is the one with "Porsche" design.

Passport is referred to as the innovative device.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 08:00 AM
    Does the long window extending to the right of the rear camera have a function?
    09-14-14 08:46 AM
    Classic was never referred to as a premium device, it was always referred as the affordable device.

Posted via CB10
    No. Chen said the Classic will be made out of premium materials

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 09:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    I guess he lied..... or changed his mind? ....
    09-14-14 09:07 AM
    Maybe just maybe this pics are from the foxconn edition? Who knows?

Posted via CrackBerry App
    09-14-14 09:16 AM
    Maybe you are right, but thats why I'm a little bit angry with BlackBerry again :/ (last time because of the PB)
    I want the Classic to be premium. It would be better for everyone.
    Imagine- Someone see the Classic and think- oh a 2011 device- but no! Its a premium 2014 device. With great specs and premium materials...for enterprise they could make a cheaper one- like the leaked Classic.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 09:43 AM
    Also, isn't the NFC built into the phone and not the cover? Samsungs are built into the battery.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting about the S5's wireless charging contacts. And while Samsung has their NFC in their batteries, BB never did it that way. They had it in the battery door.

BlackBerry Classic leaked pic-img_20140914_111825.jpg

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    09-14-14 10:19 AM

Posted via CB10
    Actually, when he first announced it he referred to it as a premium device...

09-14-14 10:20 AM
    Maybe you are right, but thats why I'm a little bit angry with BlackBerry again :/ (last time because of the PB)
    I want the Classic to be premium. It would be better for everyone.
    Imagine- Someone see the Classic and think- oh a 2011 device- but no! Its a premium 2014 device. With great specs and premium materials...for enterprise they could make a cheaper one- like the leaked Classic.

Posted via CB10
    You guys need to stop jumping to conclusions. I'm somewhat disappointed by some of the revelations so far too, but just keep in mind these are not final units. Remember the Q10 prototypes prior to release sported the cheap plastic backs as well...

09-14-14 10:23 AM
    Does the long window extending to the right of the rear camera have a function?
    If you look at my pic, I circled an empty connector. I wonder if something actually goes there for the back cover. Perhaps the glass strip has some kind of notification system in it? Like LED's or something?

greenberry666 and anon1091977 like this.
    09-14-14 10:25 AM
    Call me a heretic, but I would prefer a textured sticky rubber back similar to the picture. The glass weave on my Q is very slick when hands are sweaty or greasy.

Is there any logic to having a foxconn version of this phone, and a non foxconn?

I thought they were doing all of the mfg now?

I can't wait, I amd tired of answering phone calls with my nose, because my fingers are to dirty to get the slider to work!!!
    flyingsolid likes this.
    09-14-14 10:31 AM
    My Z30 has nothing on the door. So it has to be built into it.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 10:32 AM

Posted via CB10
    Well compared to the q5 which it is pretty much replacing in the lineup it's a huge difference.

It has an aluminum frame , backlit keyboard, better camera housing, trackpad, and dedicated buttons.

I'm not sure what else it's should have except wireless charging would be nice.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 11:47 AM

Imagine- Someone sees the Classic and thinks- oh a 2011 device- but no! Its a premium 2014 device. With great specs and premium materials...for enterprise they could make a cheaper one- like the leaked Classic.
    Posted via CB10
    To be honest I don't think BlackBerry have the money to make 2 versions of a device right now. They just going with one idea and hoping it works.

Also think about this, if we do what you are saying we will have a "Passport - Premium" & "Classic - premium" & "Porsche Design P'9983 - Premium"

So everyone who bough the Z10 & Q5 for a cheaper option simply because they can't afford a more expensive phone, what are they supposed to do? BlackBerry has to try accommodate as many people as possible. So by releasing a "Mid Range" phone, they will get maximum purchases.

BlackBerry 10 Wallpapers (BBM Channel) C004635F8
    spork141 likes this.
    09-14-14 11:54 AM
    Call me a heretic, but I would prefer a textured sticky rubber back similar to the picture. The glass weave on my Q is very slick when hands are sweaty or greasy.

Is there any logic to having a foxconn version of this phone, and a non foxconn?

I thought they were doing all of the mfg now?

I can't wait, I amd tired of answering phone calls with my nose, because my fingers are to dirty to get the slider to work!!!
    Really? I hear different things from different people. But from my experience, I have the Q10 and I used my mom's Z10 for a week before giving it to her and the Z10's back is a lot slicker than the Q10. I find that they put a pretty rubbery coating on top of the glass weave material. Does yours not have a rubbery coating?

09-14-14 12:32 PM
347 ... 11121314