Nope, the Classic is just a Bold Wannabee !!!
    Agreed. The whole thing is "unbelievably irritating" but... At least they finally got the SINGLE most valued feature of 9900, IMO. Our 99's are feeling their age. Q20 might be as good as it gets for a while.
    Mr4aces and Carrtman like this.
    09-11-14 11:06 AM
    Agreed. The whole thing is "unbelievably irritating" but... At least they finally got the SINGLE most valued feature of 9900, IMO. Our 99's are feeling their age. Q20 might be as good as it gets for a while.
    Sadly they have made such a half assed attempt at a new tool belt phone that it may well be the last of the line ......
    Mr4aces and AllanQuatermain like this.
    09-11-14 11:12 AM
    Exactly.... i'll be getting this classic no doubt... i just hope it doesn't feel 'tacky/cheap' But how i do miss the Legendary BOLD lol.... all they have to do is either make a BOLD 9900+ ? or BOLD10000 ? loooool
    My "dream machine" would be a Business Bold B99... 9900's relatively compact chasis with PP processor & ram, bigger replaceable batt, decent camera, convenience keys, etc.. etc... Including a fully functional BB10.3 or 10.4 or 11 or what ever it takes to code in remaining functionality still awaiting to be coded in from BBOS... We can dream, anyway... Using existing chassis parts and or tooling should save some$$ ??

All said, Q20 might be as good as it gets for a while.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-11-14 11:20 AM
    Sadly they have made such a half assed attempt at a new tool belt phone that it may well be the last of the line ......
    That's why I'll be buying the Note 4 (90 % sure) and a used Bold 9900 as a backup
    09-11-14 11:25 AM
    Asking BlackBerry to make an updated bold is like asking Microsoft to make an updated windows mobile phone. It's never going to happen. Both are antiquated.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 12:28 PM
    Asking BlackBerry to make an updated bold is like asking Microsoft to make an updated windows mobile phone. It's never going to happen. Both are antiquated.

Posted via CB10
    I'm so tired if this convo with the bbosers. They act like their bolds are the perfect phones and bb10 is wannabe. Guys your bolds were obsolete when they were launched. Seriously. Pitiful ram, single core processors, tiny screens, battery pulls. I don't care how productive they were in certain cases. It's like using DOS again because floppy disks has some obscure advantage.

Great you can program shortcuts, but can you go to a flash site in 4g and watch a video at the same time? You know why we don't need charging contacts? Because we have wireless charging!! I do at least.

Sigh

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 02:17 PM

Great you can program shortcuts, but can you go to a flash site in 4g and watch a video at the same time? You know why we don't need charging contacts? Because we have wireless charging!! I do at least.

Sigh

Posted via CB10
    Uh yeah I forgot 4g flash videos are helping me out in terms of productivity and my boss would be very happy if I'm looking at flash videos instead of getting the job done but I can do that stuff on my S3 old but still gold.
    09-11-14 03:52 PM
    Exactly.... i'll be getting this classic no doubt... i just hope it doesn't feel 'tacky/cheap' But how i do miss the Legendary BOLD lol.... all they have to do is either make a BOLD 9900+ ? or BOLD10000 ? loooool
    We forgot to say, "Welcome". You might have stumbled on the 9900 club. Hope you get feed off the information on this forum.
    09-11-14 05:25 PM
    I'm so tired if this convo with the bbosers. They act like their bolds are the perfect phones and bb10 is wannabe. Guys your bolds were obsolete when they were launched. Seriously. Pitiful ram, single core processors, tiny screens, battery pulls. I don't care how productive they were in certain cases. It's like using DOS again because floppy disks has some obscure advantage.

Sigh

Posted via CB10

The 9900 is a full function device that has spoiled many of us. It was TOP of the line specs for BB when intro'd. Which, as you pointed out was well behind competition in specs but BB has always been behind the curve spec wise. Not a real problem for actual function but numbers do help droid sales. Even if those numbers are meaningless. If BB ever hopes to compete against droid, numbers would help, IMO.

You keep equating software problems with hardware. Some of your complaints with legacy are mostly OS oriented. Dunno what OS versions you've tried but 7.1.0.1066 has been SOLID. Haven't seen a spinning clock or lock up for 6 months since returning to 9900. Many of us love the 9900's form factor and wish that chassis could some day be fitted with high end processor, ram, LTE and BB10. Unrealistic but most dreams are, to start with...

Constantly running down BBOS or BB10 inevitably confuses "outsiders" who really don't see the difference. Something to ponder for promoting sales.

Edit: I'm as guilty as any. Something i'm working on.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    09-11-14 06:14 PM
    It looks very very nice and classic...but I need the best out of BlackBerry... so the passport it is... I am going to love that keyboard...

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 06:35 PM
    Uh yeah I forgot 4g flash videos are helping me out in terms of productivity and my boss would be very happy if I'm looking at flash videos instead of getting the job done but I can do that stuff on my S3 old but still gold.
    Blackberry 10 is equally as productive and even more so since you can actually accomplish basic 2014 tasks with acceptable performance. You carry around a second phone with you just so you can do everything. Doesn't that already signal an issue?

The toolbelt is back now guys. I get the love for the toolbelt even though I never needed it myself. It was a core feature and effected 100% of your time using the device. I can respect that. Now that it's back and it's gotta stop. The bold might still hold your hearts but the classic is coming to bring you into the modern age. Please stop with overselling the bold. It's legacy hardware, legacy software and not to be sold as anything but having a fond place in your hearts. It's not to be compared to modern oses. If you want to argue, please agree how much better the classic will be over the iphone and Android. The bold vs classic has to stop.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 06:38 PM
    Blackberry 10 is equally as productive and even more so since you can actually accomplish basic 2014 tasks with acceptable performance. You carry around a second phone with you just so you can do everything. Doesn't that already signal an issue?

The toolbelt is back now guys. I get the love for the toolbelt even though I never needed it myself. It was a core feature and effected 100% of your time using the device. I can respect that. Now that it's back and it's gotta stop. The bold might still hold your hearts but the classic is coming to bring you into the modern age. Please stop with overselling the bold. It's legacy hardware, legacy software and not to be sold as anything but having a fond place in your hearts. It's not to be compared to modern oses. If you want to argue, please agree how much better the classic will be over the iphone and Android. The bold vs classic has to stop.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah it has already stopped since I've accepted the fact that the so called classic is a q10 with a tacked on tool belt hence the q15 and q20 name.

it's not a problem at all I've the S3 for work and a curve as a private phone. But that will change this holiday season because the curve is sadly showing its age.

I will still test the q15 /q20 but I for sure will also test the Note 4 because it has cutting edge technology and will use the stylus as a mouse = trackpad replacement. Can't say anything about the ip6 since it offers nothing for me (no skins, SD card, removable battery, cutting edge specs, trackpad and a walled garden approach).
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-11-14 07:05 PM
    was thinking about the Classic now seeing pictures it appears fixed battery, no charging
    contacts for dock, and sim in a tray needing a tool to eject, i still use my Bold 9900
    nearly three years old and everything works well no problems or battery pulls needed. the best keyboard and call/end call buttons still the quickest way end call without looking,
    almost forgot the Track pad a vital part of the 9900 a real Classic, i also carry a 9700 with brilliant battery life as backup phone, a Legacy hold out until a Bold replacement appears doubt it ever will.
    09-11-14 07:43 PM
    Yeah it has already stopped since I've accepted the fact that the so called classic is a q10 with a tacked on tool belt hence the q15 and q20 name.

it's not a problem at all I've the S3 for work and a curve as a private phone. But that will change this holiday season because the curve is sadly showing its age.

I will still test the q15 /q20 but I for sure will also test the Note 4 because it has cutting edge technology and will use the stylus as a mouse = trackpad replacement. Can't say anything about the ip6 since it offers nothing for me (no skins, SD card, removable battery, cutting edge specs, trackpad and a walled garden approach).
    Yeah, the Note 4 at least has swappable battery and KILLER numbers. The stylus is interesting but seems like a two handed approach?? If i understand it all right. ?? Also, i kept loosing styluses for my old HP ipaq... ?? Trackpad is always there, single handed, if that's a consideration for your needs.
    09-11-14 07:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    Calling anything "classic" inevitably invites comparison. That's precisely why i think the name was a mistake. Q20 can stand on it's own if accepted for what it is.
    09-11-14 08:06 PM
    The whole point of the Classic was to appease

a) physical keyboard users
    b) corporate/government users
    c) diehard BlackBerry fans who want the keyboard/trackpad/removable battery experience

There's no point in trying to win on style points. Those user groups don't care about style, they want function.
    And that is what Blackberry thought back in 2007.
    FrankIAm likes this.
    09-11-14 08:30 PM
    Calling anything "classic" inevitably invites comparison. That's precisely why i think the name was a mistake. Q20 can stand on it's own if accepted for what it is.
    But seriously, agree with it or not, it's called the Classic. Everyone deciding their own name for it just makes it confusing. They added a huge visible feature that went away with BBOS. Thus it is called a Classic. They might not have included every feature, but the big obvious visible one is there... Would I like a convenience key? Of course. Would I like a removable battery? Definitely. Would I like charging contacts? Um, actually, no. That base plate on my 9900 where the contacts were was the first thing to wear down and turn black because it was a plastic piece rather than a metal piece because of the contacts. I'd much rather hope for something more modern and better, wireless charging...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Last edited by slagman5; 09-11-14 at 11:06 PM.
    idssteve likes this.
    09-11-14 08:39 PM
    you can be reaaaaaally productive to watch that the clock ticking every time you forgot to clean the apps running at background for too long. and then you have to pull the battery and wait 5 mins for the phone to reboot.
    09-11-14 08:39 PM
    But seriously, agree with it or not, it's called the Classic. Everyone deciding their own name for it just makes it confusing. They added a huge visible feature that went away with BBOS. Thus it is called a Classic. They might not have included every feature, but the big obvious visible one is there... Would I like a convenience key? Of course. Would I like a removable battery? Definitely? Would I like charging contacts? Um, actually, no. That base plate on my 9900 where the contacts were was the first thing to wear down and turn black because it was a plastic piece rather than a metal piece because of the contacts. I'd much rather hope for something more modern and better, wireless charging...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Agreed. Q20 "Classic" finally brings toolbelt into BB10. Throw in Z30 numbers and it's an attractive enough package in it's own right.
    09-11-14 09:18 PM
    BlackBerry Classic leaked pic-classic-trackpad-480x434.png

Source: N4BB article; article citing @DHabkirk

So it looks like the Classic won't have an illuminated trackpad.
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    09-11-14 10:16 PM
    Agreed. Q20 "Classic" finally brings toolbelt into BB10. Throw in Z30 numbers and it's an attractive enough package in it's own right.
    Didn't realize I put a question mark after "definitely" in my comment until you just quoted me, gonna go fix it, lol.
    09-11-14 11:05 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	classic-trackpad-480x434.png 
Views:	1644 
Size:	276.4 KB 
ID:	297286

"Not yet." I'm not going to hold my breath, but we really should wait for more to be revealed. Anything could change between now and then...
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    09-11-14 11:07 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	classic-trackpad-480x434.png 
Views:	1644 
Size:	276.4 KB 
ID:	297286

Hmm, maybe not final? Lighted TP was cool but it couldn't be seen with MY thumb over it anyway. Thumb found it easy enough by feel anyway. Thanks for the photo, btw.
    09-11-14 11:27 PM
    Really doubt this is the final product. Think about it guys why on earth would BlackBerry not have the trackpad light up?

Also think back to the passport leaks. Some of them had a ring around the camera and some of them didn't. I'm very sure this isn't a final product and the final version will receive a backlit trackpad

BlackBerry 10 Wallpapers (BBM Channel) C004635F8
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    09-12-14 05:52 AM
    Side loading SIM and SD. Does this mean no removable battery?

Posted via CB10 on my SwagBerry Z10
    09-12-14 06:44 AM
347 ... 89101112 ...